• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I'm sure mane was close to signing and loved poch but we didn't match liverpools offer in wages otherwise we would have got him I think. We were on the up and Liverpool were not the team that we see today.

Wijnaldum wanted assurances about starting but we couldn't promise that I think I remember but I may be wrong.

Point being is that sometimes we need that extra push in the market.

We end up paying over the odds for sissoko a player poch said he didn't know about at the time and got in nkoudou after missing out on mane.

You put them two in the team, then I think it's us that wins the league and the champions league ... well better chance

He spoke with Poch before Liverpool gassumped our offer. I'm sure he didn't mean that speaking with Poch led to him turning us down...

I didn’t mean that at all but it may have influenced him and he may have been offered more money better contract etc at Liverpool

I'm sure mane was close to signing and loved poch but we didn't match liverpools offer in wages otherwise we would have got him I think. We were on the up and Liverpool were not the team that we see today.

Wijnaldum wanted assurances about starting but we couldn't promise that I think I remember but I may be wrong.

Point being is that sometimes we need that extra push in the market.

We end up paying over the odds for sissoko a player poch said he didn't know about at the time and got in nkoudou after missing out on mane.

You put them two in the team, then I think it's us that wins the league and the champions league ... well better chance

Wijnaldum was also about wages - he wanted to come here, we cheaped out on him, Liverpool offered higher wages, off he went.

Those Poch years were the height of criminal negligence on Levy's part, tbh - the one side and manager we had in the post-Cold War era capable of winning things, and he cheaped out at nearly every single turn, giving him useless rubbish and utter trash like Sissoko, Aurier, N'Koudou, N'Jie, Wimmer, Stambouli and Fazio.

The ironic thing is that he finally opened the taps post-stadium, for which I can't blame him at all - but he opened them for this Portuguese waster, the Iberian Pulis.

Wijnaldum was also about wages - he wanted to come here, we cheaped out on him, Liverpool offered higher wages, off he went.

Those Poch years were the height of criminal negligence on Levy's part, tbh - the one side and manager we had in the post-Cold War era capable of winning things, and he cheaped out at nearly every single turn, giving him useless rubbish and utter trash like Sissoko, Aurier, N'Koudou, N'Jie, Wimmer, Stambouli and Fazio.

The ironic thing is that he finally opened the taps post-stadium, for which I can't blame him at all - but he opened them for this Portuguese waster, the Iberian Pulis.
That’s not irony
That’s just cash flow
I mean that’s normal
When you have the £££ you can spend it

That’s not irony
That’s just cash flow
I mean that’s normal
When you have the £££ you can spend it

No, I meant giving that money to the Portguese Pulis over here. Although at least Pulis could organize a defence and create a team of hard bastards - this bloke is giving us the worst of both worlds, a spineless team that can't defend and can't attack, while burning more money in two years than Poch spent in 5 and a half.

No, I meant giving that money to the Portguese Pulis over here. Although at least Pulis could organize a defence and create a team of hard bastards - this bloke is giving us the worst of both worlds, a spineless team that can't defend and can't attack, while burning more money in two years than Poch spent in 5 and a half.
No you highlighted, as you do regularly the money spent under Poch
It’s a fair call
But we also spent £400m on the new stadium
It was needed to reduce the money that was due at the end (imagine a £B debt now)
I mean we could have done a Liverpool and spend £200m on a posh shed (it’s not good even being me) and invested more on players but the club chose to do the more sensible thing long term
I don’t know many fans who wanted Poch gone and I know many who wanted him backed more.. but I don’t know why who do go who don’t believe the stadium investment wasn’t worth it
That all fine lines and a tricky balance
What we needed to do was sell and buy better
Gambling on some duds hurt us
Keeping some here is hitting us now
We can’t even shift Danny rose and he is literally running a youth club
These are football fundamentals and that has to improve no matter who the manager is otherwise it’s constant churn and problems

No you highlighted, as you do regularly the money spent under Poch
It’s a fair call
But we also spent £400m on the new stadium
It was needed to reduce the money that was due at the end (imagine a £B debt now)
I mean we could have done a Liverpool and spend £200m on a posh shed (it’s not good even being me) and invested more on players but the club chose to do the more sensible thing long term
I don’t know many fans who wanted Poch gone and I know many who wanted him backed more.. but I don’t know why who do go who don’t believe the stadium investment wasn’t worth it
That all fine lines and a tricky balance
What we needed to do was sell and buy better
Gambling on some duds hurt us
Keeping some here is hitting us now
We can’t even shift Danny rose and he is non-figuratively running a youth club
These are football fundamentals and that has to improve no matter who the manager is otherwise it’s constant churn and problems

No mate, I routinely point out that Levy failed Poch - that much is true. He let him down, cheaped out and then sacked him when everything went sour after a year with absolutely no investment whatseover and a rushed summer to make up for it.

But the ironic bit is that, when he did eventually start spending, it was to back this fudging bloke in charge now.

As I've also often said, I would prefer if we stuck with Poch and endured a couple of seasons in mid-table if that was going to be the inevitable outcome post CL-final. But to pay this bloke 15m a year and spent 100m on his signings, for exactly the same result except without any of the bravery on limited resources which characterised our side under Poch...hard to call it anything other than ironic.

As for the stadium, I don't disagree it was needed, I disagree with the idea that it was necessary to let the only side in our modern history capable of winning a title get destroyed through inaction, laziness and parsimony, leaving us further behind now than we were in 2016.

No mate, I routinely point out that Levy failed Poch - that much is true. He let him down, cheaped out and then sacked him when everything went sour after a year with absolutely no investment whatseover and a rushed summer to make up for it.

But the ironic bit is that, when he did eventually start spending, it was to back this fudging bloke in charge now.

As I've also often said, I would prefer if we stuck with Poch and endured a couple of seasons in mid-table if that was going to be the inevitable outcome post CL-final. But to pay this bloke 15m a year and spent 100m on his signings, for exactly the same result except without any of the bravery on limited resources which characterised our side under Poch...hard to call it anything other than ironic.

As for the stadium, I don't disagree it was needed, I disagree with the idea that it was necessary to let the only side in our modern history capable of winning a title get destroyed through inaction, laziness and parsimony, leaving us further behind now than we were in 2016.
I don’t agree
I believe he backed him as much a she could at the time with all the things going in
The players who wanted bigger wages to join at the time hadn’t earned them. They wanted more than better players we had for example so didn’t get offered that
And as soon as we knew the final position we had a record spend for Poch. He didnt get to see the benefits if it I agree though
And we brought in a new manager and have backed him so far with additions. No matter what happens now we need even more additions. We also need to shift the brick. So that’s dons to the chairman to keep on backing his managers now he can afford to spend more (or possibly can’t with the COVID impact)

Back