• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I dug up some stats and as underwhelming as Potter might sound he did a much better job at Brighton than their final position belies. I know a number of you are not fans of xG, but this is just to show what their potential was. They could have finished 5-8th and it would have been thoroughly deserved.

upload_2021-6-9_10-46-40.png

To be fair shifting "dead weight" when the players are at one of the biggest clubs in the world on massive wages is a difficult thing to do.

Being a great talent spotter, but not good at building a balanced squad worries me a bit more, reminds me of Commoli a bit too much.

Ultimately I still think it's just so hard to evaluate these things from the outside. And even if one could evaluate it, it would be even harder to know how that translates to working for us.

Hopefully with the connections and knowledge inside the club we're making a good decision. Important and difficult job coming up.

JJ does get his information from someone who directly works for spurs. But it will have a bit of pr spin to it usually.

Atlantayid owns a restaurant where lewis and his lawyers sometimes eat.

Last edited:
Anyway not sure Gasperini would come to us. 63, never worked outside italy, doesn't speak english. Probably has a very good chance of winning the league next year. Atalanta are probably the club least effected by covid or struggling financially.

I dug up some stats and as underwhelming as Potter might sound he did a much better job at Brighton than their final position belies. I know a number of you are not fans of xG, but this is just to show what their potential was. They could have finished 5-8th and it would have been thoroughly deserved.

View attachment 12054

I had the luck of working at many Premier League club and worl d at Brighton a fair few times and can say regardless of stats they were a very very good. I know it's been said alot but if they had half a striker they would have caused damage, Maupey just never got his head up ever and Welbeck was wasted playing off wider positions, they also missed their very good RB for much of the season.

People snear at Potter but his career this far is hugely impressive

I had the luck of working at many Premier League club and worl d at Brighton a fair few times and can say regardless of stats they were a very very good. I know it's been said alot but if they had half a striker they would have caused damage, Maupey just never got his head up ever and Welbeck was wasted playing off wider positions, they also missed their very good RB for much of the season.

People snear at Potter but his career this far is hugely impressive

Has a 5 year contract. Will cost a bit.

Back