• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

@milo can we remove Conte from the poll as this thread is now presumably about who we want to replace him when he throws the tea lady off the skywalk for providing inferior biscotti, decks Levy in an drunken rage, and flounces. I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest the chappy currently at PSG.

Apologies if already asked and answered but why exactly does Conte want to come to us? Assuming the reports are true of course

It's a weird one isn't it? He's just won Serie a, why would he come to us where the odds of succeeding are stacked against him? It can't be about money, he could go lots of places and earn just as much.

Maybe it's like back in the day on Championship Manager when you are like 'fudge it, I'm gonna take Leyton Orient to the CL just for the challenge!'

It's a weird one isn't it? He's just won Serie a, why would he come to us where the odds of succeeding are stacked against him? It can't be about money, he could go lots of places and earn just as much.

Maybe it's like back in the day on Championship Manager when you are like 'fudge it, I'm gonna take Leyton Orient to the CL!'
Where?
We pay more than most
London is attractive too

So what's the plan Conte for two years then he rides off into the sunset and Poch comes back at the end of his PSG contract.

I suspect a bit of his reasoning in coming to us is to get one over Chelsea.

First press conference will be interesting. When he was appointed at Juventus I think it was he said the word 'work' a ridiculous amount of times.

Apologies if already asked and answered but why exactly does Conte want to come to us? Assuming the reports are true of course

Great question.
I think our facilities and potential are enticing. Best stadium and training facilities anywhere. Conte's family is still in Cobham as I understand it too, that is massive. Plus a short-term focus can achieve here. If Mourinho had been on it, we'd have finished with the Europa League and a top 4 place with only 15% more focus and drive.

Well I'm getting fed up waiting. This is dragging on too long.

Sunny weekend ahead - 30C+ temps in the forecast - and, three hours north of here, a cool, clear Canadian lake awaits Lady Norf and I. No internet. Patchy phone service. New mattress to break in. I'm worried this deal won't get done without me fretting over it.

Time to pack my Damnitol pills. As Big Antonio would say; Ciao, tuttiquanti e bociami me culo. E vaffunculo Chelsea!

damnitol.bmp.jpg

Great question.
I think our facilities and potential are enticing. Best stadium and training facilities anywhere. Conte's family is still in Cobham as I understand it too, that is massive. Plus a short-term focus can achieve here. If Mourinho had been on it, we'd have finished with the Europa League and a top 4 place with only 15% more focus and drive.

Take dier and sanchez out the team and it would have been less painful.

Need them out asap

Facilities and potential are enticing IF we keep our star striker and ship out the deadwood and sign a top defender and midfielder. Add Skrinar and Sabitzer in to the team and we would have a start

Take dier and sanchez out the team and it would have been less painful.

Need them out asap

We've had plenty of managerial coups before, Ramos and Mourinho spring to mind. Unfortunately they haven't turned out well. As I said in a previous post appointing a big name coach alone will not bring success, especially one with the explosive temperament of Conte. We need someone who can work within the limits imposed Levy.

Sadly, I don't see Conte, based on his recent history, working out. Levy looks looks like he hasn't learnt from previous mistakes so I am not getting excited, he always wants the biggest names.

Shame really I was really intrigued by the ex Lille boss Galtier and Ten Haag.
Ramos hadn’t won a league before us, I’m not sure the top 4 at the time would have been in for him. Mourinho was a big thing but there were question marks about whether his best days were behind him. I agree reputation is not everything though.

Conte has just won a title with a club to break a nigh decade long stranglehold and would surely be in the conversation for any job in Europe at the mo. I’m not saying he will definitely work out, but I feel people are being quite flippant about him just because he isn’t Poch.

He definitely wasn’t the plan when we sacked Mourinho and it does seem opportunistic, but this is an elite manager at the top of his game. I could get behind either of the other names you mention but there is also an element of risk that they have been exposed to the premier league or had success with more than one club.

My hope with whoever we get is their gravitas forces Levy to review the limits which have been discussed at length in his thread. Levy reacts more to us losing something rather than pushing on for the small margins that may turn top 4 into a title. We don’t want a yes man and I don’t see Conte agreeing to come without some cast iron assurances on how the squad can be refreshed. A manager with a lesser reputation may be more subservient due to the huge payrise and premier league opportunity.

Back