• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

personally I'd give Jose till the end of the season.

I couldnt disagree more. If things continue as they are, there would be a mutiny by April. If fans ever got back to the stadium, they'd be tearing it down.

If things continue as they are, I dont think he has more than 3-4 games. Imagine if they next 4 games are as desperate the Brighton and Chelsea games? He'll have lost most of the squad as well as fans

I couldnt disagree more. If things continue as they are, there would be a mutiny by April. If fans ever got back to the stadium, they'd be tearing it down.

If things continue as they are, I dont think he has more than 3-4 games. Imagine if they next 4 games are as desperate the Brighton and Chelsea games? He'll have lost most of the squad as well as fans
I think he has two games to get a reaction.
I bet we see Dele back for those too.

All this talk of finishing in the bottom half, everyone's overlooking that we are the first team to play Liverpool, Chelsea and (soon) City twice.
Once we've played City I think we only have 2 of the top 6 to play again for the rest of the season.

I find it a bit embarrassing we lose 3 matches and this is the result.

imo our problem is mainly that we have no midfield depth and our defence make stupid individual mistakes.

Getting someone new in won't change that, anyone new will still be brick in their own way, at least Mourinho has witnessed success with his own eyes before.
It's not just the 3 losses, it's the results going back 9-10 games now and the poor performances alongside the boring style of football.
The reaction to the last couple of games has been building for a while now

Don't know enough about Nagelsmann other than he was born the year i left school.

That'd be enough for most people.

It would be quite something for Rodgers to get back to a Top 6 club after his fall from grace at Liverpool but Mourinho's appointment seems to indicate we're looking to bring in high-profile managers from now on. Let's hope it's not Zidane...

Yes, true but it's bloody hard to believe. Last night in the first half I couldn't tell if he'd ever see the game of football before.

Yeah it wasn’t good. Im hoping it’s a combination of “desperate times” (I.e key players out) plus this current obsession with trying to play for 0-0 (which surely he will realize we aren’t good enough to do).

Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I expect our play style to change for the positive. If not, then I was wrong :)

It's not just the 3 losses, it's the results going back 9-10 games now and the poor performances alongside the boring style of football.

fair enough we have been poor for a bit longer than 3 matches. I think I’ve expected us to have a bad patch for a while, so I’m less down about it.

I feel we have so little squad depth that eventually burn out would get to us whoever the manager is. Still think we’ll turn it around, but would expect wins against West Brom and West Ham.

Its not just 'boring'. Boring could be defend, longball, flick on score.

As well as boring, we're all over the place...no system, no way of attacking, completely shambolic

Yeah it wasn’t good. Im hoping it’s a combination of “desperate times” (I.e key players out) plus this current obsession with trying to play for 0-0 (which surely he will realize we aren’t good enough to do).

Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I expect our play style to change for the positive. If not, then I was wrong :)

When we hired him I was not at all happy but it is what it is, I sucked it up then low and behold we did ok for a while.
Then we stopped attacking and went all defensive with this “low block” and was prove once again Jose is a over defensive manager.

fair enough we have been poor for a bit longer than 3 matches. I think I’ve expected us to have a bad patch for a while, so I’m less down about it.

I feel we have so little squad depth that eventually burn out would get to us whoever the manager is. Still think we’ll turn it around, but would expect wins against West Brom and West Ham.

As mentioned to many people - how do you think our squad compares to Villas, Leicesters, Everton's or West Ham's?

We have far more talent in our squad, but we have no way of playing. We're clueless. Someone else used the word cowardly to describe it

I think he has two games to get a reaction.
I bet we see Dele back for those too.

If dele had any sense he would feel his hamstring.

After the way Mourinho has treated him the last thing he should do is save his job.

I have been critical of dele his stupid flicks that lose us possession. But he has bern treated disproportionately badly and I like fairness and that's not fair.

As mentioned to many people - how do you think our squad compares to Villas, Leicesters, Everton's or West Ham's?

We have far more talent in our squad, but we have no way of playing. We're clueless. Someone else used the word cowardly to describe it

It’s a good question - however I think our squad weaknesses are unfortunately in critical areas. Mainly no creativity (or even midfielders that can pass a ball) in midfield other than Ndombele, and a defence that constantly makes mistakes.

i.e. I would say Leicester’s defence is way better than what we lined up with against Brighton, so even though they don’t have Kane/Son they are less likely to lose to a mistake.

Our first team is very good, with some weaknesses, but our backup players are worse than those clubs 1st teams.

I’m expecting this to just be a blip, but if the negative setup continues then admit I was wrong.

I’m expecting this to just be a blip, but if the negative setup continues then admit I was wrong.

A 10 game blip, but ok, let's compare notes next week then after the WBA and Everton games!!!

I'm not even contemplating Man C away - could be truly horrific!!

Back