• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

If it was about ambition why would he leave psg to come to us?

I think there’s a tendency for people to assume motivation and do it in black and white terms. “Poch has no ambition because he went to Spurs over PSG”.

Maybe he misses London, maybe he misses his family. Poch’s different to most football people. He seems more rounded and more emotional than your average manager. Maybe he thinks he’ll be happier in London but still sees a possibility to realise his ambitions with us. He came within 90 mins of the biggest prize in club football with us after all.

Maybe he’d prefer the environment at Spurs where he’d get a chance to build something rather than be under pressure after a couple of bad results.

Or maybe he’ll go to Madrid for a new challenge and to manage arguably the biggest club in world football. Who knows where his head is at.

I think there’s a tendency for people to assume motivation and do it in black and white terms. “Poch has no ambition because he went to Spurs over PSG”.

Maybe he misses London, maybe he misses his family. Poch’s different to most football people. He seems more rounded and more emotional than your average manager. Maybe he thinks he’ll be happier in London but still sees a possibility to realise his ambitions with us. He came within 90 mins of the biggest prize in club football with us after all.

Maybe he’d prefer the environment at Spurs where he’d get a chance to build something rather than be under pressure after a couple of bad results.

Or maybe he’ll go to Madrid for a new challenge and to manage arguably the biggest club in world football. Who knows where his head is at.

So it's not all about ambition then.

Still, it's cute to think you can 'seduce' a coach of Ancelotti's stature. It's not flairs, it's checkbooks they should be bringing. And I'm not even sure I would, if I were them. They've had an ok season but nothing particularly outstanding, I think. I'm sure Martinez would do better with the same squad :D

Mauricio Pochettino is the top choice for #Spurs but he needs to make a real push to get out of PSG. His relationship with Leonardo will define matters. #Tottenham aren't giving up yet but they can't hang around forever. [
@AlasdairGold
]

#Tottenham also really like Erik ten Hag and Antonio Conte is an attractive option but the question for #Spurs would be just how much he can achieve without the huge financial backing he's had elsewhere. [
@AlasdairGold
]

Still, it's cute to think you can 'seduce' a coach of Ancelotti's stature. It's not flairs, it's checkbooks they should be bringing. And I'm not even sure I would, if I were them. They've had an ok season but nothing particularly outstanding, I think. I'm sure Martinez would do better with the same squad :D

so much wrong in their assumptions it's hilarious

- He came to Everton because they paid him £11M/yr
- He'll go to Madrid because they will match or better that and they are a bigger club

Mauricio Pochettino is the top choice for #Spurs but he needs to make a real push to get out of PSG. His relationship with Leonardo will define matters. #Tottenham aren't giving up yet but they can't hang around forever. [
@AlasdairGold
]

#Tottenham also really like Erik ten Hag and Antonio Conte is an attractive option but the question for #Spurs would be just how much he can achieve without the huge financial backing he's had elsewhere. [
@AlasdairGold
]

Ten Hag with a DoF would be my preference at this moment in time. We can try again with Poch in a few years.

If we'd won two more games, we'd have qualified over Chelsea but I think that we should've finished 3rd if we were properly managed.
And we hadn’t been robbed in couple of Ahmed he awful calls West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home)

If we'd won two more games, we'd have qualified over Chelsea but I think that we should've finished 3rd if we were properly managed.

Is that based on the squad we had compared to the others or based on how the season panned out after out initial good form in the autumn?

It's a big call to say that we had as good a squad as everyone bar the Mancs. I certainly think we should have been closer to top 4 but i also recognize our defensive weaknesses.

Lastly: did you think the transfer dealings we had last year were such that top 4 should have been the minimum expectation? And do you honestly see whoever is our new manager being backed to the effect of "top 4 or out on your ear" will be the season's target?

Back