• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

See PSG have triggered his extension to up the compensation paid if he leaves.They must have realised that the straight swap Aurier for Poch was slightly unbalanced.

The more money involved in possibly getting Poch back, the more the move would have to be questioned if Conte is available for nothing. Is Levy gonna pay the money for Poch and make whatever concessions that he wants to come back as well? I don't think we're that desperate. We'd basically be making him unsackable. I'd still like and return to include a DOF that both parties were happy working with just for continuity.
Sacking Poch, sacking Jose, rehiring Poch.... how much money is that wasted there? £35 - £40m?

Let’s hope interest rates don’t go up in these next 15 years then eh?

It's irrelevant when we are talking about our current financial situation. The loan payments are very low, they are all on long terms and more than covered by increased revenue. When we get a stadium sponsor, that will largely cover them. Our finances are very healthy, when the stadium is full, we will be one of the four richest clubs in the league.

It's irrelevant when we are talking about our current financial situation. The loan payments are very low, they are all on long terms and more than covered by increased revenue. When we get a stadium sponsor, that will largely cover them. Our finances are very healthy, when the stadium is full, we will be one of the four richest clubs in the league.
Stadium sponsor.... we’re what?... £45m down on that so far? Will have to be a huge deal now to make up the shortfall from the unrealistically high expectations set previously.

To say £1.2b (and rising) of gross debt is irrelevant is strange. We have the biggest debt in football.

As much as I’d like to see Poch return I can’t see it. Also think it might be to soon.

Think it will be Madrid for him . Win win for him there. They are in a brick state , no money etc. He could turn their fortunes round pretty easily in my opinion because it can’t get a lot worse over there .

Barely caught us up after a total of £12m net for the 2 years before that.... Let’s wait to see what happens with spending and wage budget over the next 2 or 3 years before we have expectations of top 4.

Budgets work year on year and prior to the stadium move we were pretty much operating at a break even basis - so the windows of no transfers don't effect the picture the way you want them to as we weren't banking an unspent transfer budget.

I suspect that Poch would still be cheaper than Rodgers.

I have concerns about Conte and Poch being alternative choices. Their style of play is very different and would require completely different signings this summer. It would also have an impact on who we are looking to shift. I would like the club to have a clear identity about how we play football and choose managers and players that fit that.

Anyone that understands football and has a bit of common sense can see this is the path to take.

I suspect that Poch would still be cheaper than Rodgers.

I have concerns about Conte and Poch being alternative choices. Their style of play is very different and would require completely different signings this summer. It would also have an impact on who we are looking to shift. I would like the club to have a clear identity about how we play football and choose managers and players that fit that.

Decided by who? Levy/Hitchen/Pleat ?
I agree in principle but would want someone else driving something as fundamental as that. Hence the need for a DoF.

Decided by who? Levy/Hitchen/Pleat ?
I agree in principle but would want someone else driving something as fundamental as that. Hence the need for a DoF.

Ultimately, it is a decision for the board but they should definitely appoint the right people to see it through

Could just as well mean he's going to Madrid though, but seems like something is up.

Leonardo should be the one getting sacked, no one there seems to question him at all despite continually spending money on terrible players and having such a lop sided squad. I mean their front 3 is Neymar, Mbappe and an Everton loanee.

I saw an article saying Spurs wanted Conte, with Paratici as DOF and I was wondering, what if Levy wanted Conte and Real Madrid wanted Poch BUT the fans are the other way around?
I saw a poll on Twitter from a Spanish site that showed Madrid fans voting 85% or so for Conte over Poch. I assume Spurs fans are the opposite way around too!

I saw an article saying Spurs wanted Conte, with Paratici as DOF and I was wondering, what if Levy wanted Conte and Real Madrid wanted Poch BUT the fans are the other way around?
I saw a poll on Twitter from a Spanish site that showed Madrid fans voting 85% or so for Conte over Poch. I assume Spurs fans are the opposite way around too!

If that's the case, I wouldn't want to be in Levy's shoes.Assuming this forum reflects the general trends amongst Spurs fans (I don't know whether that's the case or not), some people are going to be very, very disappointed and angry if they don't get Pochettino... It's a strange situation: it seems that some fans want the manager to be in a stronger position than the club itself, if/when contract negociations happen. Nobody lasts for ever in this job and there will be a lot of bitterness if Pochettino squeezes an unrealistic deal out of Levy and we have to sack him later on.

Tottenham Hotspur's attempts to bring Mauricio Pochettino back to the club have hit a major roadblock in the shape of PSG ...

It might be a roadblock but its a road that wasn't open when Mourinho was sacked. The possibility that Pochettino is available and willing should be considered a bonus. It shouldn't be allowed to remain an option for too long, though, as we need a manager soon.

Budgets work year on year and prior to the stadium move we were pretty much operating at a break even basis - so the windows of no transfers don't effect the picture the way you want them to as we weren't banking an unspent transfer budget.
We made significant (by football standards) profit every every season leading up to the stadium. We in no way we're working at break even level.

The last 2 years have had an out of character spend, much of that due to the stale nature of the squad and the rather desperate need for some new faces just to somewhat catch up to where we had been previously.

Whether that relative level of spend contributes remains to be seen so let's see what happens first before we make an assumption that it is the new norm.

I personally don’t want Poch back yet, it is too early.
What if our decline continues so much without him that we'll never be able to attract a manager of his calibrate again? If this is our one last chance to cling on to the elite group he dragged us into?

The stars have aligned at this particular moment, so audere est facere

We made significant (by football standards) profit every every season leading up to the stadium. We in no way we're working at break even level.

The last 2 years have had an out of character spend, much of that due to the stale nature of the squad and the rather desperate need for some new faces just to somewhat catch up to where we had been previously.

Whether that relative level of spend contributes remains to be seen so let's see what happens first before we make an assumption that it is the new norm.

I meant break even wrt to transfers, average net spend close to zero - that's the transfer budget we were working on, a big leap to jump up to 160m+ net in 2 years. Might be a coincidence that it happened at the same time the financials for the stadium were put in place but i doubt that.

Back