• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Anyone that wants Conte at this club after 18 months of Mourinho needs their fudging heads seen to.

"But he's a winner"

fudge off.

The guy was fudged off out of the Premier League after every other manager worked out his only tactic, his 352.

Chelsea with their squad and money finished 5th!

He is an absolute failure in the Champions League too. Going out at the group stage 60% of the time. Getting as far as the quarter final once.

When he won the league that year, he used 14 players. None of them got injured. It was like he made some sort of Faustian pact. They had no European football.

None of this could ever happen here.

He would walk during the first January transfer window. That is his temperament.

Poch was giving Skipp a lot of game time and had just promoted Tanganga and Parrott into the first team squad after their impressive pre-seasons in summer 2019. He also seemed a fan of Eyoma.

People have been saying for years that that particular U21 age group that was maturing at that point wasn't very special, and that the better players were in the (then too young) U18/Scarlett group. If the best Poch had to pick from was really Shilow Tracey, Kazaiah Sterling and George Marsh, maybe that's why he wasn't promoting them?
KWP was the pick of the youth crop (by quite a long way as well). Poch sold Trippier to have Aurier and KWP as our right back options (and because he had to sell to fund the Sessegnon purchase). The problem was that KWP's performances didn't really show him out to be a top 4 level player.

Last edited:
KWP was the pick of the youth crop (by quite a long way as well). Poch sold Trippier to have Aurier and KWP as our right back options. The problem was that KWP's performances didn't really show him out to be a top 4 level player.
Poch wanted Foyth at RB and he got injured so never played there for us

Chris Miller had a perspective that I probably go along with here.

He kept young players in-house to develop them but not actually play them.

In some cases, agents and parents of players non-figuratively had to beg the club to let them out on loan in order to get their players exposure. Or they waited for their contracts to expire and then left or forced moves: Milos Veljkovic, Marcus Edwards, Josh Onomah, Keanan Bennetts, Reo Griffiths. This had a big knock-on effect as parents and agents of younger players clock on. In summer 2018 we lost our best U15 (Omari Forson – Man Utd), and best first-year academy prospect (Noni Madueke – He made his full debut at 17 for PSV). Other young players will be choosing clubs other than Spurs to go to; it could take us a decade to change the perception of the club.
Edwards and Onomah got loans (Onomah actually got a few games for us before a loan). Neither of them particularly impressed on loan. Bringing through youngsters is hard.... incredibly hard when you're in the CL and competing at the business end of the PL.

Another plus with Poch is that if Kane does go we have seen MP can get us playing well without him. In fact arguably some of our greatest results under Poch came when Kane was missing - City and Ajax in the CL, our only won at Stamford Bridge since 1990.

Because it cost less money and that is more important to the owners of our club than trophies.

Is there actually a credible source for that rumour? I don't wholly buy it tbh. I mean I could imagine clauses allowing a lesser pay-off if he was sacked at the end of the season with targets not having been met. But I don't think you need to be an especially sharp lawyer or agent to spot the flaw in sacking someone to avoid a full pay-out just days before they have the opportunity to meet at least part of the criteria that would otherwise entitle them to a full pay-out*. (I've got a bit muddled in my explanation but hopefully it makes sense!)
It's difficult to know what the reason was. The other possibility is that things were getting so toxic behind the scenes that Levy thought a fresh face would have a better chance of galvanising the players.

*Edit : or that could be why it took a 2 hour meeting on the morning of the sacking.

Last edited:
Do not disagree, whoever comes in has to get rid of those who have been poor under Poch and two other managers since.
A clear out is definitely needed..... Dier, Winks, Lamela and Sissoko as the bare minimum start (with another 5 or 6 on top of that desirable) . This does need the chairman to play his part however.

People like clean answers, the real world is a little more complicated

Quite likely the decision had been made with the Europa exit, the rest was timing, added reasons to pull trigger

Timed it with the super league announcement to lessen the media focus on the situation.

Yes because the esl announcement would mean there'd be little media attention on us? Lol. That's like a bank robber shooting someone to draw attention away from the fact they just robbed a bank.

A clear out is definitely needed..... Dier, Winks, Lamela and Sissoko as the bare minimum start (with another 5 or 6 on top of that desirable) . This does need the chairman to play his part however.

Sissoko will go because of his age. But I'd see Alderwireld, Doherty and Hart as the first 3 out of the door under Poch. Alderwireld because of their fall-out, Doherty because we'll stay 4-2-3-1, and Hart because he's a pub player. I think he trusts the others though and probably has roles for them, albeit not as starters.

I'd see a first season Poch team as something like:

----------------------------Lloris
Foyth------Sanchez---------New young Verts-------Regulion/Sess

------------------Hojbjerg--------Lo Celso

----Ndombele----------Alli-----------Son

---------------------Kane

It's sort of what Mason was getting to, and sort of what he did 7 years ago, specifically get our quickest transitioner (Lo Celso; then Mason) into CM, while developing the talented player who held on to the ball too long (Ndombele; then Dembele) for a bit in AM

Interesting piece

- Another factor is that Pochettino has struggled with being away from his family during the pandemic. He has been living in a hotel in Paris with his assistants, Jesús Pérez and Toni Jiménez, and his son, Sebastiano, who works as PSG’s fitness trainer. He is understood to be missing his wife and his other son, Maurizio, who are in London.

Yeah - that's stayed the family home because the youngest son stayed in our academy, and then more recently signed for Watford.

Back