• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Striker or New Stadium?

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
it is time to address our real priorities for this season.

For me it is vital we qualify for the CL. If we dont the ramifications are severe - financial loss, player departures and less likely to sign quality players.

The stadium can wait until we are CL regulars. Without qualifying we risk going on a downward spira.

NOW is the time to invest in top quality players. The stadium can wait.

Er..

It's not one or the other. I'm not sure why you think it is.

The stadium money will come from sponsorship deals, these will only have anything to do with our transfer budget if something goes horribly wrong.

Er..

The stadium money will come from sponsorship deals, these will only have anything to do with our transfer budget if something goes horribly wrong.

No, it's not, but getting a striker, to try and ensure CL, will ASSIST (take note, AdamB) with the stadium plans

No, it's not, but getting a striker, to try and ensure CL, will ASSIST (take note, AdamB) with the stadium plans

I guess it would.

The next step is to name this 'top quality striker' who wants to leave his club, wants to come to us, will fit in our wage budget and will not be overpriced.

Which is where the whole thing tends to fall down.. :(

Getting a stadium will help us in future transfer windows. It's gonna take a lot more than not buying one in this window to destroy us.

Er..

The stadium will not all be built from sponsorship money. It is a question of priorities. We simply must get CL this season. Without it sponsorship will be just one of the things that dry up as we wont be such an attractive proposibion.

It is simply a question of priorities. There is only one pot. We have to allocate the funds most appropriately now.

I guess it would.

The next step is to name this 'top quality striker' who wants to leave his club, wants to come to us, will fit in our wage budget and will not be overpriced.

Which is where the whole thing tends to fall down.. :(

Yeh, badly worded. A striker of suitable ability to try and ensure/consolidate our top 4 position.

Better? :)

Getting a stadium will help us in future transfer windows. It's gonna take a lot more than not buying one in this window to destroy us.

Not if we arent in the CL it wont.

A top striker will help us to get CL. We didnt get one in the last two january windows and it cost us badly. We must learn from our mistakes.

It won't help us if we are languishing down in 7th with no top names wanting to sign for us.

I hear echoes round a half empty stadium.

Not if we arent in the CL it wont.

A top striker will help us to get CL. We didnt get one in the last two january windows and it cost us badly. We must learn from our mistakes.

More money will help us, regardless of whether we are in the CL or not.

Stadium.

I'd love a striker but i have no faith in Levy in delivering a proper striker.
We havent signed a good striker since Berbatov.

I'd rather stick with Dempsey than sign another Mido, Pav, Crouch, Bent or Keane.

More money will help us, regardless of whether we are in the CL or not.

Without CL - look at the players who will probably leave us - Bale, Sandro, Dembele, Lloris, Verts. All would be targets.

Who would want to come to us when we have failed to get into the CL three years running.

Who would like to sponsor the stadium without CL? We are a signficantly worse proposition.

I can see a downward spiral starting if we dont achieve CL this season. If that happens, a new stadium becomes a pipe dream and hardly necessary.

How will we pay for these players if we fail to qualify?

Chicken and egg.

If we don't achieve 4th now, by at least trying to improve the strike force, then it will matter not for a few more seasons.

Unless the Bale money solves everything. But still, we saw it last season. No CL, and players balk at signing (Eden Hazard, allegedly)

How will we pay for these players if we fail to qualify?

In that unlikely eventuality, the sale of one player (Bale) will cover all these costs and more.

While we still have a world class player in our ranks (who I would hate to lose) we have to try and do our best to make the most of it.

We need to be careful, but at the same time we really should have a scouting network to find someone worth a punt within our price range. I think this is imperative and I am flabbergasted that the club cannot see this as a priority. I assume they are worried about upsetting Ade and Defoe.

Back