• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

As a stadium, what do people think of the Emirates?

I've only ever seen it on TV and in photos, so that's all I can comment on, but it just leaves me unsatisfied for some reason. It does looks impressive as building I suppose, but it just doesn't have "it" for me.

Maybe it's different if you're standing beside it or watching a game inside.

maybe it's because im a Spurs fan but i genuinely don't like The Emirates (been twice) shallow stands, loads of space, far too open - looks bland and uninspiring

I dont like it. Went there for the Emirates cup a few seasons back and wasnt at all impressed.

Its quite impressive when you first get there, the scale and size of it, especially as the way we went it just appeared down this residential street.

Once you get in and around it though the shine wears off very quickly.

I dont like the exterior. We were sat up in the gods and the dipping roofline seemed obstructive. While it didnt block the view of the pitch you couldnt see across to the opposite stand. The concourse is a souless area, no identity at all - could be a food court in a shopping mall...

Bottom line for me is that it does its job, but it isnt impressive and its not somewhere I would "fall in love with" if I were an Arsenal fan.

The plans for our stadium looked a lot nicer, particularly with the kop at one end.

Emirates just seem so open. Nothing intimidating about it whatsoever. Viewlines may be fine and dandy from a neutral perspective, but a stadium feels a lot more enclosed and intimate if you don't have those huge gaps at top of the corners.

I dont like it. Went there for the Emirates cup a few seasons back and wasnt at all impressed.

Its quite impressive when you first get there, the scale and size of it, especially as the way we went it just appeared down this residential street.

Once you get in and around it though the shine wears off very quickly.

I dont like the exterior. We were sat up in the gods and the dipping roofline seemed obstructive. While it didnt block the view of the pitch you couldnt see across to the opposite stand. The concourse is a souless area, no identity at all - could be a food court in a shopping mall...

Bottom line for me is that it does its job, but it isnt impressive and its not somewhere I would "fall in love with" if I were an Arsenal fan.

The plans for our stadium looked a lot nicer, particularly with the kop at one end.

I bet the concourses at our new stadium will look fairly dull as well.

The thing is something simple like photos / collages of great moments lining the halls would have made a huge impact, instead Ive queued for food in more interesting airport lounges...

The thing is something simple like photos / collages of great moments lining the halls would have made a huge impact, instead Ive queued for food in more interesting airport lounges...

Get some artists to recreate great moments as paintings on the walls. Couldn't be that hard. Loads of wannabe painters around.

The first thing that comes to mind whenever they zoom in on Emirates from above prior to a match is GREY. The outside is as dull as it gets.

That's exactly what Arsenal have done now, after similar complaints from their own fans.

In the process, they coined the word "Arsenalification". Arf!

As a stadium, what do people think of the Emirates?

I've only ever seen it on TV and in photos, so that's all I can comment on, but it just leaves me unsatisfied for some reason. It does looks impressive as building I suppose, but it just doesn't have "it" for me.

Maybe it's different if you're standing beside it or watching a game inside.

Comfy seats. Very impressed that you do not touch the people either side of you.

Would still prefer a more intense environment but WHL is so cramped it's laughable in places.

Back