• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

They are actually proud and delighted that Spurs have been able to take advantage of the riots and now get away without spending any money on the local community or infrastructure whilst creaming maximum profit from any new housing and getting the council and taxpayers to fund important aspects of the new development! Shameless! Total and utter SCUM!!

:ross: :ross: :ross: :ross:

Haha - absolute muppets. I love the way that not a single Arsenal supporter ever mentioned their completely dodgy CPOs to get rid of over 80 businesses that they couldn't agree commercial terms with. The CPOs that enabled them to obtain the land that they then built a massive enabling development on with property worth hundreds of millions of pounds.

I am immensely proud that there is only 1 single piece of land for which we haven't (yet) been able to agree commercial terms of purchase. We will not have destroyed a single local business in the building of our stadium.

Regarding the affordble housing, wasn't it dropped for two reasons. Well actually 3 if you think its to make the stadium viable as a 3rd reason.

1. Legislation was changed regarding govenment subsidy, they mentioned the change going from 125k to 25k per unit.. (which happened between now and the previous planning acceptance) making the situation pointless.

2. The train of thought changed to the fact that if the area is to have a faster change in moving from a deprived area then a better 'professional type' buyer needed to be attracted to the area. Thus creating a better % of private ownership to affordable housing (Council housing). They mentioned several times that for an area to recover it needed a good mix of home ownership in the area, more affordable housing isn't needed right now in Tottenham.

Haha - absolute muppets. I love the way that not a single Arsenal supporter ever mentioned their completely dodgy CPOs to get rid of over 80 businesses that they couldn't agree commercial terms with. The CPOs that enabled them to obtain the land that they then built a massive enabling development on with property worth hundreds of millions of pounds.

I am immensely proud that there is only 1 single piece of land for which we haven't (yet) been able to agree commercial terms of purchase. We will not have destroyed a single local business in the building of our stadium.

Someone really needs to get dirty and post about the CPOs just to shut them up.

Regarding the affordble housing, wasn't it dropped for two reasons. Well actually 3 if you think its to make the stadium viable as a 3rd reason.

1. Legislation was changed regarding govenment subsidy, they mentioned the change going from 125k to 25k per unit.. (which happened between now and the previous planning acceptance) making the situation pointless.

2. The train of thought changed to the fact that if the area is to have a faster change in moving from a deprived area then a better 'professional type' buyer needed to be attracted to the area. Thus creating a better % of private ownership to affordable housing (Council housing). They mentioned several times that for an area to recover it needed a good mix of home ownership in the area, more affordable housing isn't needed right now in Tottenham.

Good points. With regard to your second point - I think I read somewhere that Tottenham already has over 50% social housing. Creating an entirely private development there is likely to bring in people with larger disposable incomes meaning more money spent in the local area, along with higher council tax revenues. Effectively meaning that the local area receives a net gain from these residents as opposed to a net loss.

Gooners do love to work themselves into a morally indignant lather while conveniently forgetting the truth about their own club.

I saw another article by a gooner in which he bemoaned the fact that Arsenal had to pay ?ú60 million to build a new waste and recycling plant for Islington as part of their S106 agreement. He conveniently ignored the fact that Islington only needed a new waste and recycling plant because Arsenal were about to bulldoze the old one in order to build their new stadium. What did he think.......that Arsenal should have been handed a huge chunk of inner London land for free and leave Islington to pick up the bill for replacing the old plant that Arsenal had demolished?

As Finney said, Arsenal forced more than 80 small, local businesses to move or cease to trade purely so that they could make a profit from property development (and thereby help the club to pay off its stadium debt). CPO's were not designed to enable private companies to make a profit. It is scandalous that they were enforced for such a purpose.

Nevertheless, despite all this, I believe that Arsenal have either failed to honour or were not made to honour all of their S106 obligations, with a number of required infrastructure upgrades yet to have been undertaken.

Besides all of which, their whingeing about north Tottenham receiving what is a relatively tiny amount of long overdue public money towards transport infrastructure is small minded and selfish in the extreme. The area around the Emirates has long benefited from being well served by two tube lines and five.....yes, five.....tube stations closer to the stadium than Tottenham Hale is to WHL. There are six tube stations closer to the Emirates than Seven Sisters is to WHL.

Yes, small minded, ignorant and selfish sums them up perfectly. Bitter too.

Last edited:
Jimmy i think you are wrong,and i'll tell you why if i may. Its exactly the same roof designe as when the entire stadium was gonna be 3 teirs all round,all they have done is take the top teir off and made a single teir 'kop'. No roof changes whatsoever. So putting a few rows of the top tier back will require no roof ajustment,as its the same roof as before the 'kop' redesign with exactly the same sight lines.

If you're suggesting that this second tier should merely follow the line of the top tier of the remainder of the stadium, then you would still have an issue with restricted views - for those at the top of the single tier.

The only way you could make that work is if you took away the curved top ten rows or so of the single tier. I'd rather not do that.

AnthonyG from arsenal-mania, i hope you read this.

You said: 'Maybe they intend to offer the low-paid workers a place to sleep in their stadium? They'll be plenty of room. Even on match days.'

You stupid thick clam. Everyone on your brick board are as deluded as you, (for reasons such as claiming arsenal are 'classy' and tottenham are 'scum') but you definitely take the retread biscuit.

Not even the most deluded arsenal fan could try and insult us about match day attendances. We sell out week in, week out. Unlike you, the amount of empty red seats at the emirates on a matchday for such a 'classy club' is appauling. But i suppose you'll tell me it was fancy dress day at the emirates and everyone went as red seats? You should have told the players, they came as clowns.

If you're suggesting that this second tier should merely follow the line of the top tier of the remainder of the stadium, then you would still have an issue with restricted views - for those at the top of the single tier.

The only way you could make that work is if you took away the curved top ten rows or so of the single tier. I'd rather
not do that.
400150071_94b083d8da_b.jpg
No not really,it would work a bit like this,only on a smaller scale.
This is the main stand at OT.

It makes it so much sweeter that other gooners are fuming about this.

Harry beats the rap, Stadium re-announced, Spurs playing our best football in decades, Scum playing their worst...beaten them once already, Hazard kissing our butts.

Not a great season for them really is it.

Back