• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

"we cant attract any corporate deals if we stay" etc etc,

I have some sympathy with that. The naming rights to the NDP will be worth less than the Olympic stadium. Because it is adjacent to the current stadium and we have a long history there, many people will continue to call it White Hart Lane, this makes it less attractive and valuable to potential sponsors.

I have some sympathy with that. The naming rights to the NDP will be worth less than the Olympic stadium. Because it is adjacent to the current stadium and we have a long history there, many people will continue to call it White Hart Lane, this makes it less attractive and valuable to potential sponsors.

I just have a feeling, and you know it will be an another Arabic company name :rolleyes:

Emirates, Dubai, Etihad, Mubadala Development Company,

take your pick..

I believe the first part is true too but the proximity of Stratford to the city and excellent public transport would have made it far more attractive to corporate hospitality than anything in Tottenham will ever be.

this whole proximity to the city thing, is the starting point for the journey to whl for these corporates 'the city' ? there surely not working there sat/sun and knocking off early for the game and i suspect most don't live in that area. they'll be coming in from home and possibly wouldn't think about using public transport, more like chaffeur,flash motor or helicopter.

I just have a feeling, and you know it will be an another Arabic company name :rolleyes:

Emirates, Dubai, Etihad, Mubadala Development Company,

take your pick..

On the filp side - in CL games it would be referred to as 'Tottenham Stadium' or similar unless the sponsor is also a CL sponsor at the time. :D

this whole proximity to the city thing, is the starting point for the journey to whl for these corporates 'the city' ? there surely not working there sat/sun and knocking off early for the game and i suspect most don't live in that area. they'll be coming in from home and possibly wouldn't think about using public transport, more like chaffeur,flash motor or helicopter.

In my experience, most people in a corporate box at a sports event take public transport.

There is quite a lot of uninformed bollox talked about what will or won't attract corporate punters.

Ultimately, location and transport are minor considerations. The product is infinitely more important.

If Spurs have a brick team, playing crap football and if the new stadium's facilities, catering and service are equally poor, then we will struggle to attract any corporates other than those who are also avid Spurs fans.

But if the team is fantastic and if the new stadium's facilities, catering and service are top notch (as I would fully expect them to be), then we will have no trouble attracting corporates.

No one would call New York's Bronx an urban paradise. Some very sketchy streets there. That doesn't stop the NY Yankees baseball team from building a new beast of a baseball stadium and continuing to earn league-leading profits.

In fairness, the area has only gotten better - not massively, but discernibly - since the Yankees announced they were building next door to their old baseball ground.

There is quite a lot of uninformed bollox talked about what will or won't attract corporate punters.

Ultimately, location and transport are minor considerations. The product is infinitely more important.

If Spurs have a brick team, playing crap football and if the new stadium's facilities, catering and service are equally poor, then we will struggle to attract any corporates other than those who are also avid Spurs fans.

But if the team is fantastic and if the new stadium's facilities, catering and service are top notch (as I would fully expect them to be), then we will have no trouble attracting corporates.

You're not really comparing like with like there. Spurs would be the same team, with the same catering etc in either site. So Stratford would have had all the same benefits without the drawbacks.

Of course we will get plenty of corporate tickets sold in N17, but in Stratford we could have had a chance of being the premier corporate entertainment event in London. Our location, transport and the general roughness of the area will always make us second choice to Arsenal and if Chelsea get a new stadium, third to them.

While it sounds lovely that Spurs could have erected the 'premier corporate entertainment' venue in London and offered all the side benefits worthy of such a site - "Would Sir like to bend his lady friend over the buffet table and give her a good rogering? Hwwahh! Suit you sir! - sometimes you just have to have faith that your core product will deliver sufficient returns to your venue.

The focus at White Hart Lane - current and future - looks to be about one thing and one thing only - football. Excellent football. Well played by a top side on a quality pitch. Use the resources it creates to get a 50-55 match season in annually and the accountants will be ecstatic.

No matter how much it might have suited Sir, we should take no mind of the peripheral bumph in the short term. Create a winning team in a fabulous stadium and the reputation forged over time will eventually make the ground a strong attraction for other events.

Last edited:
@Scara

Even now, with the smallest stadium, and roughness of the area, and least corporate boxes, we are tinkling on both of them in the PL. That is proof that football comes first.

As has been pointed out, if we stake a claim as Londons top dogs in the coming decade, the corporate "fans" will come anyway. So what if we cant hold concerts. Our aim is not to be the richest club in the world, but the best.

You act like we are buskers, desperate for a buck to buy a player.

The image below is from Preconstruct who say they worked with the club and the architects to create the image representations. It shows the apartment blocks but with the historic buildings missing.

Resized for viewability purposes:

tottenhamnewstadiumsmal.jpg

I notice that all Preconstruct's pages relating to Tottenham seem to have disappeared from their website. Have they had a gonad*ing from the club for leaking the rendered image without the four historic buildings?

There were pretty strong objections from English Heritage, CABE, etc. when it was previously proposed that these buildings should be demolished. If the club are going to make another application to demolish them, I presume their response will be similar again.

I notice that all Preconstruct's pages relating to Tottenham seem to have disappeared from their website. Have they had a gonad*ing from the club for leaking the rendered image without the four historic buildings?

There were pretty strong objections from English Heritage, CABE, etc. when it was previously proposed that these buildings should be demolished. If the club are going to make another application to demolish them, I presume their response will be similar again.

Not much point in removing them now. I've got a local copy and I'm sure plenty others do as well.

Both English Heritage and CABE can be overruled. Ultimately the decision on what happens in Tottenham will rest with the local government and the London planning authority (which I think is controlled by the Mayors office). CABE and EH can complain all they want, but ultimately they are not involved in making the actual decision.

The rumour posted by Loughton was that one of Levy's criteria for pulling out of the judicial review and committing to the NDP was that the Heritage building stipulations were dropped. Previously I had read the latest press release to mean that the council had taken over the financial burden of restoring the four heritage buildings sited around Bill Nicholson Way, but perhaps the council are instead taking on the burden of demolishing them (and perhaps even reconstructing elsewhere?).

I must say here that I felt the old drawings containing the 4 historic buildings looked much better than the old ones that did not include the buildings. However having seen the new renders I think the site now works much better without the 4 listed buildings, they do not fit in, will create an access problem and spoil the view of the futuristic stadium design. I thought it was particularly telling that the terrace at the North end of the proposed NDP was still shown on the renders, whilst the 4 buildings at the Southern part of the site had disappeared.

It might be that discussions have already taken place and EH have been persuaded not to object to demolition. If not they *could* be overruled but does anyone know of any examples when consent to demolish a listed building has been given despite advice from EH that it should be refused?

You're not really comparing like with like there. Spurs would be the same team, with the same catering etc in either site. So Stratford would have had all the same benefits without the drawbacks.

Of course we will get plenty of corporate tickets sold in N17, but in Stratford we could have had a chance of being the premier corporate entertainment event in London. Our location, transport and the general roughness of the area will always make us second choice to Arsenal and if Chelsea get a new stadium, third to them.

Sorry, fella, but that simply isn't true.

Transport and location are very minor considerations.

I repeat. It's ALL about the product. That's what corporates will pay for (and keep coming back for) - the sense of being part of a great event and being well looked after for the duration. If Spurs have a great team, playing great football; and if the facilities, catering and service are all top notch (as I am certain they will be), then the fact that the club is based in Tottenham and not Stratford will matter not one jot.

With regard to ease of access from the City and Canary Wharf, as has been pointed out, the vast majority of games will be played on a weekend afternoon...............when those twin centres of capitalism will be largely deserted.

And as to the area of Tottenham being run down, corporates generally go straight to the stadium, where they will get 5 star treatment and all the food and drink that they want. When they have had their fill, they will leave. They don't need the surrounding area to be swamped with brand name coffee shops and restaurants.

Where it will matter is for non-football events. That would be a welcome addition to our income, though I'm sure we'll manage to do some of it in Tottenham as well.

I thought it was particularly telling that the terrace at the North end of the proposed NDP was still shown on the renders, whilst the 4 buildings at the Southern part of the site had disappeared.

Those northern terrace buildings are, as I understand it, by far the most important of the listed buildings on the NDP site. They are, if memory serves, nationally listed Grade II* buildings - defined as:

"Particularly important buildings of exceptional interest and of outstanding importance".

The buildings at the southern end of the development are only locally listed buildings. In historical terms, nothing like as important as those at the northern end.

I suspect that, with the future of the NDP hanging by a thread, Spurs were / will be able to argue successfully for the demolition of the southern listed buildings. But if they ever tried to argue the case for the demolition of the northern terrace, they would fail. I think the architects know it and therefore haven't even tried.

Then why were we a better option for corporate hospitality before arsenal moved t a hetter stadium?

Back