• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New music?

This has been around for a while on YouTube and I'd forgotten about the glory glory music thread. This guy is amazing, unbelievably talented with an amazing and uplifting back story. It's long but worth going to the end where he has a brief monologue touching on his struggles. Powerful stuff.

This has been around for a while on YouTube and I'd forgotten about the glory glory music thread. This guy is amazing, unbelievably talented with an amazing and uplifting back story. It's long but worth going to the end where he has a brief monologue touching on his struggles. Powerful stuff.
Already been done in the mental health thread. Like you say, amazing.

So. You're a man of the world with breeding and good taste, juste comme moi meme, and you grew up digging the sharp, slick, jazz-adjacent sound of Steely Dan through the '70s and '80s.

It's fun these days to see that a number of so-called 'lost tracks', from the era of their early 80s Gaucho album, are emerging on youtube. Much of these tracks have been re-engineered by talented fans with a knack for mixing music.

If you like your DnB this lad is mean't to be one of the best of the new breed
It's absolutely banging this mix

The Clause - just started listening to them. Really good indie band. Something very early stone roses about them.

What is the most recent Christmas classic? I think the Darkness (Bell’s End) just about counts now haha.

Will this relentless Christmas playlist die off with generation x?

Always thought bay drawn boys ‘Donna and Blitzen’ would catch on, has not.

If you like your DnB this lad is mean't to be one of the best of the new breed
It's absolutely banging this mix

All about the samples. Mixing like this is effectively producing live. Beat matching is done for you and you run through pre-compiled vocals and beats. The vocals and tuneful bits are effectively samples with some drops. Huge skill in it still but it’s now like watching a producer replay a long track they’ve made.

If you like, raw, feral, gritty, caustic, smelly, unfettered and exceptionally volatile aggro-punk with great main riffs...Lambrini Girls. Put it this way, I bet Iggy Pop loves 'em! You can also add Hot Wax...crikey, what is going into the waters down in Brighton and Hastings?!!!! Finally...Enola Gay, Sounds crispy and caustic. Very good. Finally, Death Pill from Ukraine - three piece punk/death metal women's band, wonderful for a chilly night in!!!!! Again, none of this is chill time...

Last edited:
Saw a band called Wings of Desire (supporting Bleach Lab) recently at the magnificent Thekla in Bristol; they’re going to be big, I reckon.

I’ve just discovered CMAT - not really that new, but new to me. Does that count?

Saw a band called Wings of Desire (supporting Bleach Lab) recently at the magnificent Thekla in Bristol; they’re going to be big, I reckon.

I’ve just discovered CMAT - not really that new, but new to me. Does that count?
Like what I’ve just heard of wings of desire
the name is a bit … meh though
they remind me of Airborne Toxic Event

Like what I’ve just heard of wings of desire
the name is a bit … meh though
they remind me of Airborne Toxic Event

It's a Wim Wenders film about cold war Berlin and angels. Not a particularly good film. But it's a cultural reference, rather than just a random phrase.

It's a Wim Wenders film about cold war Berlin and angels. Not a particularly good film. But it's a cultural reference, rather than just a random phrase.
And i wouldnt have guessed 😉😉
there is always some reference with names but for me the wrong one can kill a band

Back