• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Also, amazed we've not considered a sponsor for our training gear. Much like United have done with DHL.

I'd imagine we will when we sell the rights to the stadium name.. one big package, stadium... training ground name... training gear... Cups shirts.. EPL shirts.. underpants....

I think it could be something like Red Bull.

I would buy one if I came across one.

Mostly because it would be the first piece of Tottenham gear I've seen in person. I've seen a small selection of Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Real Madrid, and Barca items around me...very limited number...but no Tottenham.

I've asked if they could order me some and the reply I get is "Yes we could, but you'd have to buy at least X number of shirts because it's on a minimum order". When asked why I couldn't just buy one and they stock the rest I get told it isn't "worth their investment".

I'd like to avoid being charged shipping though so I'm still looking.

Guess the club added this late. Had to do something to combat my "know your history" mock ups! ;-)

Yeah you had a few people going with that one. Feel I ought to apologise for calling you "attention seeking" :(

Hope you get a job with the club, concepts were good!

No worries mate. I'd underestimated the power of social media. Thought it as well enjoy the ride whilst everybody was rating the kits!

How hard is it? Every season we see billionaire companies come out with absolute dreadful designs, I just don't get it. If some kid on the internet with a pirated copy of photoshop can make a decent looking shirt why can't they?

Educating consumers to accept whatever tat they're doled out, I suppose. If they started adhering to aesthetic standards, they'd have to stick to them, and then where'd they be?

I would buy one if I came across one.

Mostly because it would be the first piece of Tottenham gear I've seen in person. I've seen a small selection of Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Real Madrid, and Barca items around me...very limited number...but no Tottenham.

I've asked if they could order me some and the reply I get is "Yes we could, but you'd have to buy at least X number of shirts because it's on a minimum order". When asked why I couldn't just buy one and they stock the rest I get told it isn't "worth their investment".

I'd like to avoid being charged shipping though so I'm still looking.
Why don't you buy one online? The cost of shipping wouldn't be too bad.

Why don't you buy one online? The cost of shipping wouldn't be too bad.

I'm cheap and am rather picky with how shirts fit, especially Under Armour, so I like to try them on. UA seems to run narrow in the shoulder and I'm broader in the shoulders. I'll probably break down and order online here soon

How hard is it? Every season we see billionaire companies come out with absolute dreadful designs, I just don't get it. If some kid on the internet with a pirated copy of photoshop can make a decent looking shirt why can't they?

Because it's a cash cow.

These sportswear manufacturers are not on a perpetual holy grail mission to find the best ever kit for a particular club. If they find it, then fans aren't going to waste money buying the same shirt every season, are they? Football shirts are so durable one shirt would probably be good for 5 years.... I have some that are fine 20 years on.

So there is a need to produce something new every year and the priority is not to improve on the last.

You then have the parameters. Tottenham a shirt has to be white, with a bit of navy. Add any other colour and you are asking for trouble. Ditto adding too much navy. So all they can really play around with is collars, and maybe a few lines here and there.

The best kits for us are little to do with the design anyway, it's all about the memories that they create that season

Screen-Shot-2014-07-12-at-18.11.35.jpg

From the Harry Hotspur blog. Not sure if posted before and too lazy to check.

Back