• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Seriously that kit will just make us look like little kids... its like the baby blue kit in that its just a laughable kit. It may look better in real life so to speak.

It really is not difficult to design a kit.

Of course it will, that's the boys shirt ;)

I think it isn't easy to come up with a new and different design year in year out when you have to stick to a main template

A quick redesign by someone on SC:

aa7udh.jpg

Looks much nicer without the blue line.

I think it isn't easy to come up with a new and different design year in year out when you have to stick to a main template

Is it a main template though? I mean I know why they have a template, costs etc etc etc but not many have UA as their manufacturer. I just think some designers want to over complicate.

I mean I love the french kit, you could easily have drawn them up as our own.

I didnt realise haha

Is it a main template though? I mean I know why they have a template, costs etc etc etc but not many have UA as their manufacturer. I just think some designers want to over complicate.

I mean I love the french kit, you could easily have drawn them up as our own.

AIA are paying us money to promote their brand, not change it

I know not aimed at me. I have no problem with the red im not sure why others do. I have no problem. Its the design thats hideous.

Its the worst home kit I've ever seen in 35 years of supporting the club, its an abomination

2009-10 was worse. And we qualified for the Champions League that season.

I'd settle for a crap shirt every season if it meant qualifying for the CL or winning a major trophy!

There's an unchanged red version on the left.

Yep. I would assume that the reason that we have a pretty radical redesign every year is because the club's market research and perceived wisdom says that less people will buy a shirt if they are just similar variations on a white with blue trim theme.

Yep. I would assume that the reason that we have a pretty radical redesign every year is because the club's market research and perceived wisdom says that less people will buy a shirt if they are just similar variations on a white with blue trim theme.

So basically, blue line = profit.

I don't hate the new shirt, I don't really have much feeling either way but what I do know is that it's generally gone down like a lead balloon amongst Spurs fans. If Spurs' wisdom and research says that sticking an extraneous navy line on it will result in increased sales then I bow to their superior knowledge.

I would like to agree with you but with have not had an simple uncluttered home kit for quite some seasons now. So it was an easy option to go for a classic look. Every year the mock ups are better than the actual designs. This years shirt was ok but I hate this one. Its not so much the design but the fact that it has 4 colors on it. Just take the yellow off as we are forced to use red. With 4 colors it just looks ridiculous.

I buy a shirt every year. But I wont buy this one. Im gutted we did not get those mock ups with the V neck and the large blue chunks on the arm. Even with the red sponsor they looked nice. Im just hoping now that the 3rd kit is nice as I dont like the leak of that dark blue one with the **** down the front either.

I quite like yellow in in colors but just as a whole kit with accentuated Navy bits. I dont like the yellow used like **** stains all over our kits.

I know not aimed at me. I have no problem with the red im not sure why others do. I have no problem. Its the design thats hideous.

not my reasoning but i can understand why some would have a problem with our rivals main color plastered over our shirts. (i wonder if the club are still stocking their 'Never Red' merchandise ... ) personally i just think the sponsor logo looks cheap and nasty - with the color being a big contributing factor to that.

I would like to agree with you but with have not had an simple uncluttered home kit for quite some seasons now. So it was an easy option to go for a classic look. Every year the mock ups are better than the actual designs. This years shirt was ok but I hate this one. Its not so much the design but the fact that it has 4 colors on it. Just take the yellow off as we are forced to use red. With 4 colors it just looks ridiculous.

I buy a shirt every year. But I wont buy this one. Im gutted we did not get those mock ups with the V neck and the large blue chunks on the arm. Even with the red sponsor they looked nice. Im just hoping now that the 3rd kit is nice as I dont like the leak of that dark blue one with the **** down the front either.

I quite like yellow in in colors but just as a whole kit with accentuated Navy bits. I dont like the yellow used like **** stains all over our kits.

Apart from last season? :rio:

There's a picture of the back on SC and it has Bill Nic's face on it, similar to the ****erel on the 12/13 shirt. Not sure whether he's just having a laugh though :)

Said when the mock ups came out it was horrendous and I stand by that even now! White, navy blue, yellow and RED just do not mix.

I understand all the arguments about the money side of things, but it still pains me a fair bit to see the end result on occasions like these. But all I can do is vote with my wallet. Not buying that hideous creation and I hope many others don't either, may teach Levy a lesson.

Hopefully we get a nice navy blue away kit, with white AIA letters, if that looks sharp I may purchase instead.

not my reasoning but i can understand why some would have a problem with our rivals main color plastered over our shirts. (i wonder if the club are still stocking their 'Never Red' merchandise ... ) personally i just think the sponsor logo looks cheap and nasty - with the color being a big contributing factor to that.

I would understand if it was a red line slashed across the shirt and wasnt part of the sponsor but these are three letters that are the sponsor its their brand they pay us big bucks so they can effectively do what they like (within the contract and within reason).

You may think it looks cheap and nasty but they pay us and we accepted. I dont think its that bad and like the simplicity.

Back