• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Yeah, he is doing a good job of filling the Jay Rodriguez role in the team. I would be interested in reading a comparison between the two.

ahhhh, good point.

That probably sounds the death knell of aaron lennon then......

can rodriguez play as a wide man though if called upon? which also incorporates defensive duties and an actual threesome with his wing side fullback and whichever craig's list applicant of the holding mid/CM/AM/no 10/Striker possibilities that joins the party? cause thats just as important if not more so to team fluidity and cohesiveness as scoring goals

Mentally though i think dempsey portrays a much stronger character and that counts for alot IMO

but i do get what you are saying

Yep Dempsey had character. I remember I thought the guy was just outright awful at times (technically). And then suddenly he'd pop up with an invaluable goal. And he did it against big clubs. Strong character.

Yeah but remember we had Dempsey when he was 29/30 yrs old. Chadli is 24/25 and its his 2nd season in England.

That's a fair point. Chadli has got something. I've always thought that. The Benfica away game really changed a few people's mind on the guy. he has started scoring. Eriksen, we know can score. Now we just need Lamela firing and we're good. (Oh and one of the strikers would be nice too!)

How good would it be if all of last years purchases came good this season. Even 5 or 6 successes out of 7 is a good hit rate really when you think about it.

How good would it be if all of last years purchases came good this season. Even 5 or 6 successes out of 7 is a good hit rate really when you think about it.

Would be great. 5 played yesterday right? Just Paulinho and Soldado not playing. Probably the two most established ones!

only thing is that when he isnt threatening to score or assist he just becomes part of the furniture in my eyes....a guy that has to be carried by the real difference makers

Like i said , he is the best type of squad player..the kind that seems to be giving returns when he gets the chance and one that shouldnt feel like he deserves the starting spot just because....he actually earns it.

I guess we cant have it all..if he could create out of nothing with skill / guile/creativity/ vision then he would be at Real Madrid...not with us. For our position in the food chAIN you cant get better squad competitors on the market than him IMO

Would be great. 5 played yesterday right? Just Paulinho and Soldado not playing. Probably the two most established ones!

Funny how history could change

Eriksen - already considered a success
Lamela - much improved already, could establish himself
Chadli - at this rate, could easily manage 10 goals from wide
Capoue - right now owns the DM spot
Paulinho - could see being another goal scoring midfielder option under Poch
Soldado - still a miss, but very likely to get a run at some point in season.

early days under Pocchetino for all of them - much like i think last season was an unfair set of circumstances to truly judge them on, a handful of games this season isn't enough to say they've turned the corner. good early signs though, hopefully they continue to impress/improve as the season wears on

Funny how history could change

Eriksen - already considered a success
Lamela - much improved already, could establish himself
Chadli - at this rate, could easily manage 10 goals from wide
Capoue - right now owns the DM spot
Paulinho - could see being another goal scoring midfielder option under Poch
Soldado - still a miss, but very likely to get a run at some point in season.

i dont see an upside to paulinho...he needs to score lampard-esq numbers to be worthwhile

Clearly benefiting from playing in a team that's functioning as a unit instead of looking for individuals to perform miracles.

Like he did last season he looks tidy, some excellent moments, very few poor moments. Seems willing to run and move a lot and does his job.

Looks like we finally have an heir to Dempsey... just need a Bale, VdV and Modric for the glory days to return...

@OptaJoe: 4 - Nacer Chadli has scored four goals in five PL apps this season, after bagging only one in 24 last season. Improvement.

[vine]OZX5hbzvErU[/vine]

‏@GrahamRoberts4: The ref was a joke booking chadli for celebrating his goal it was the same as Gerard did today and he never got booked

Looks like we finally have an heir to Dempsey... just need a Bale, VdV and Modric for the glory days to return...

@OptaJoe: 4 - Nacer Chadli has scored four goals in five PL apps this season, after bagging only one in 24 last season. Improvement.

[vine]OZX5hbzvErU[/vine]

‏@GrahamRoberts4: The ref was a joke booking chadli for celebrating his goal it was the same as Gerard did today and he never got booked

:ross:

In all seriousness, I was a bit disappointed Poch didn't have a go at the ref post-match for all those frankly macaronic yellow cards.

[vine]OZX5hbzvErU[/vine]

Never saw that ****ing **** Henry booked for it the 9 times or so he did it to us either. Well done Chadli!

Back