• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

perhaps another indicator that we should build the team around young mr eriksen

Bentaleb, Dembele, Lamela and Eriksen with the stars, not surprised. Would like to see those four in the same side, maybe throw Holtby or Thursday's version of Chadli into it as well. Lennon with no stars but he wins the runs back a lot award.

Bentaleb, Dembele, Lamela and Eriksen with the stars, not surprised. Would like to see those four in the same side, maybe throw Holtby or Thursday's version of Chadli into it as well. Lennon with no stars but he wins the runs back a lot award.
How to squeeze them all in...

---Chadli ---- Ade ---- Lamela--
---Eriksen---Betaleb--Dembele

Chances created in the Premier League this season, via http://www.squawka.com/players/nacer-chadli

Chances created stat is a total of assists and the key passes stat.
A key pass is recorded as any pass that leads to a shot.

We take way too many shots.

So sadly the chances created stat doesnt really correlate to real chances created.

Its more a stat of how often have you passed it to townsend or defoe

The fact that those stats have Dembele rated highly give them very little credibility for me.

He completely flatters to deceive, has everything he needs to be a top tier footballer except a brain, can shield, can run at opponents, decent pass, decent shot, typically gets a lot of possession, just continually makes the wrong decision or does nothing with the possession.

An upgraded (talent wise) version of Jenas.

The fact that those stats have Dembele rated highly give them very little credibility for me.

He completely flatters to deceive, has everything he needs to be a top tier footballer except a brain, can shield, can run at opponents, decent pass, decent shot, typically gets a lot of possession, just continually makes the wrong decision or does nothing with the possession.

To be fair to Jenas, he invariably came-up with goals when it really mattered.

And hasn't Dembele done the same? Lyon and Norwich spring to mind..

Chances created stat is a total of assists and the key passes stat.
A key pass is recorded as any pass that leads to a shot.

We take way too many shots.

So sadly the chances created stat doesnt really correlate to real chances created.

Its more a stat of how often have you passed it to townsend or defoe

You do have a point there, according to http://www.squawka.com/football-team-ranking we are 4th in the league for Key Passes but only 10th for Assists, similarly we are 5th in the league for Shots but only 10th for Goals.

Last season we ranked 2nd for Shots and 5th for Goals but I cannot get the figures for Key Passes and assists to load to see if the correlation is the same #-o

Using the figures from http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30 further demonstrates how this season has been Spurs' worst in a while for Shot and Key Pass conversion.

2013-14: 6.47% of Key Passes resulted in an Assist (22 of 240) whilst 8.15% of Shots resulted in a Goal (37 of 454) compared to 14.0% and 14.8% for ManC.
2012-13: 8.75% of Key Passes resulted in an Assist (45 of 514) whilst 9.69% of Shots resulted in a Goal (66 of 681) compared to 13.9% and 15.3% for ManU.
2011-12: 8.82% of Key Passes resulted in an Assist (47 of 533) whilst 9.45% of Shots resulted in a Goal (66 of 701) compared to 12.2% and 12.6% for ManC.
2010-11: 6.85% of Key Passes resulted in an Assist (33 of 482) whilst 8.37% of Shots resulted in a Goal (55 of 657) compared to 12.6% and 12.6% for ManU.
2009-10: 9.34% of Key Passes resulted in an Assist (48 of 514) whilst 9.84% of Shots resulted in a Goal (67 of 681) compared to 12.3% and 12.4% for Chelsea.

I do agree that I wish he'd do more as I certainly feel he's capable of it but I do think he brings some intangibles to the team that aren't really covered by stats. I could be making this up but it sure feels like we lose far more when Dembele's not in the side, I just think he's an important continuity player. Paulinho for example could bang 10+ in but I'm still not going to prefer him if he constantly goes missing for the other 89 minutes of the game, it's why I probably like Dembele and Bentaleb a lot as they're always far more involved and whilst they're not Xavi and Iniesta on the ball, they're better than our other current options.

Comparing Dembele to Jenas is an insult (especially when we've got a Jenas clone in our squad).

i think the comparisons are fairly accurate. Jenas used to ghost past players regularly and through a lack of indecision would end up running in to blind alleys or pass the ball too late or miss well timed runs from his team mates - similar to the complaints many have with Dembele.

i think the comparisons are fairly accurate. Jenas used to ghost past players regularly and through a lack of indecision would end up running in to blind alleys or pass the ball too late or miss well timed runs from his team mates - similar to the complaints many have with Dembele.

Jenas does have Dembele's strength or ability to pass players regularly. Both frustrating, yes. Dembele only because he could be outstanding. That is the difference.

Jenas doesn't have Dembele's strength or ability to pass players regularly. Both frustrating, yes. Dembele only because he could be outstanding. That is the difference.

There's a massive difference though. Dembele will nearly always be involved in general play whilst Jenas would hardly ever get involved. One was a hider and the other rarely hides.

SpurMeU/KD - i agree, of course, one is not a carbon copy of the other - just that in the examples mentioned they are very similar - it's my major problem with Dembele's game and it was my problem with Jenas' also.

Jenas and Paulinho are far more comparable. Dembele doesn't go MIA, some may not be overly excited by his contribution, but in a sea of unproven mediocrity he is a very important conitnuity player - as Rossi points out.

I feel we a far less likely to go under with a fit Dembele in our side.

Back