• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Chadli hasn't been that good on the left,, though. His best games have all been in the hole. He looks like he could score a tonne of goals playing off a striker. He looked lively against Arsenal and tonight played very well and looked a constant threat. Eriksen looks much better on the left than Chadli does, as long as he has an overlapping full-back. I liked the look of us in the last 15 minutes tonight, in fact i'd go so far as to say in that last 15 I honestly saw Baldini/Levy and AVB's plans in the summer, we pushed Benfica right back and had strong runners all over the place overloading the box with Eriksen knitting it all together drifting into spaces and playing the strong pacey players in.

I'd like to see us line up like that for the rest of the season:

..........................Adebayor

.....Eriksen.............Chadli.............Lamela

.................Bentaleb......Sandro

No one thinks amazing I would have thought, and certainly no one should be saying poor ones IMO

amazing is just me exaggerating

but i have seen or at least judged poor games from him

i dont think you have clearly. but for me in quite a few games, a LARGE proportion ...he is either completely average or not in the game and therefore poor.

1 good game doesnt over look a bigger sample i dont think...it does give a show of what he is capable of doing with certain factors in place

Lol people wrote this guy off as early as Novemeber after he missed a large percent of the games before then due to injury. I'm not going to celebrate him as some sort of world beater but he is another member of our squad who can do the business in the final third if given a run of games. He seems a more direct option to have around the frontman than anything else we have, but I still wouldn't throw Eriksen out on the wing. It seems we have a tonne of potential #10 options but nothing clear cut for the positions elsewhere. Still see him as an inverted winger in a 433, but the fact he can do a job centrally bodes well for the future if we are looking for a fluid three behind a solo front man.

In the paxton people were really on his back during the north london derby which I thought was a bit harsh -

Was very unlucky with the chances he got and applied lots of effort....

Fingers cross this pushes him on.

i dont think you have clearly. but for me in quite a few games, a LARGE proportion ...he is either completely average or not in the game and therefore poor.

1 good game doesnt over look a bigger sample i dont think...it does give a show of what he is capable of doing with certain factors in place

This is the problem, you think one, I think differently.

It was obvious early doors he had the technique and attributes to be a good player, despite what many said. What you are alluding to is that he hasn't done anything of note consistently but he is one of the few summer signings that has never had a proper run of games. With this, I think he will demonstrate his quality more consistently....

12505287564_894c20b06f.jpg

In the paxton people were really on his back during the north london derby which I thought was a bit harsh -

Was very unlucky with the chances he got and applied lots of effort....

Fingers cross this pushes him on.

was he unlucky with the shot the hit the kosielny? (sp?)

This is the problem, you think one, I think differently.

actually the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was another one, when he came off the bench on the right wing.

again, i think the literal translation of what i write is getting in the way of the meaning plus you are quite vague in both your posts. I dont literally mean one game but i do mean that the number of average to poor games heavily outweigh the games where he has actually done anything of note consistently for 90 minutes, as in notably good games....

so you may think differently to the literal translation but you havent actually given a number or an indication if he has had more games where he has played very well vs his average to poor games....or even how many good games you can remember. this is what it seems like you are saying, which i dont agree with, that he has either had more games where he has played well vs him being average or ......actually not thats it tbh:)

edit:- not saying this guy is a bad player or that he wont make it with us, but definately disagree with the idea that he hasnt had significantly more average to poor games than good ones...also that having a solitary good game doesnt then PROVE an assumption / hypothesis that he is good player..especially when taken against the value of the number of games where he hasnt played well.

he needs to play well more and alot more consistently

Last edited:

It was obvious early doors he had the technique and attributes to be a good player, despite what many said. What you are alluding to is that he hasn't done anything of note consistently but he is one of the few summer signings that has never had a proper run of games. With this, I think he will demonstrate his quality more consistently....

actually the technique he had shown was indeed obvious that he would be able to handle a technical game for sure. but the application of that was something else.....the technique on his shots didnt seem to scream that he would be a gerrard or lampard for instance but rather demonstrated a level of inconsistency that you find with people with average shooting technique (watch people say , "but what of his two goals from shooting"), this isnt to say that he cannot hit a good shot but rather that he hasnt seemed to be as good a shooter as his goals seen in isolation would highlight. think of it like dawson scoring two screamers...that doesnt make him adriano...just means that he can do it

you said he hasnt had a proper run of games right? what would you count as that? cause i seem to remember that he played quite a few games in the beginning?

edit:- just had look ....Chadli has played in 18 premier league games and had 30 shots on goal with 1 goal converted. Overall he has been involved in 34 of our matches this season in some capacity

Lamela hasnt had a run of games, Adebayor under villas boas didnt have a run of games.....this guy hasnt suffered like those two when it comes to opportunities to make a mark

At the end of the day this guy is a squad player, he probably will never get a good run of games, that fits in with your definition, when all are healthy...does this mean that we will never see a return? SHouldnt he be a bit more cut throat with his opportunities?

Last edited:

wow what a difference a few goals make to the overall impression.....an average performance but two well taken goals is how i saw it. Just like all our summer signings, they all have shown glimpses of their talent but what the side needs is consistency.

wow what a difference a few goals make to the overall impression.....an average performance but two well taken goals is how i saw it. Just like all our summer signings, they all have shown glimpses of their talent but what the side needs is consistency.

He looked like a different player when the goal went in.

If you look at the game in isolation, that was what someone like Bale would do. Could have many games where he was ineffective then bam! It was a good performance. They were scared of him in the end and it made a difference

Chadli has had a lot of criticism from our fans this season, whilst Eriksen has been lauded as a good signing. However, the stats suggest that Chadli has been every bit as good as Eriksen in terms of goals and assists this season. In all competitions these are the stats for the two players.

Eriksen - 1877 minutes, 6 goals, 7 assists
Chadli - 1494 minutes, 5 goals, 5 assists

Eriksen gets a goal or assist every 144 minutes
Chadli gets a goal or assist every 149 minutes

Chadli is not as bad as many of us make out and given time and a run of games i think he will prove to be a decent buy. He is also a threat in the air when defending and attacking corners and has come close to scoring from headers a few times this season from what i remember.

He looked like a different player when the goal went in.

If you look at the game in isolation, that was what someone like Bale would do. Could have many games where he was ineffective then bam! It was a good performance. They were scared of him in the end and it made a difference

tbf the whole team picked up when the goal went in, it was like we went into turbo boost mode, they couldnt live with us. Now the trick is to see more of that passion, movement, ability in the PL and on a more consistent basis, not just from Chadli but the rest too. We have good players but for some reason we havent seen the best of them.

Chadli has had a lot of criticism from our fans this season, whilst Eriksen has been lauded as a good signing. However, the stats suggest that Chadli has been every bit as good as Eriksen in terms of goals and assists this season. In all competitions these are the stats for the two players.

Eriksen - 1877 minutes, 6 goals, 7 assists
Chadli - 1494 minutes, 5 goals, 5 assists

Eriksen gets a goal or assist every 144 minutes
Chadli gets a goal or assist every 149 minutes

Chadli is not as bad as many of us make out and given time and a run of games i think he will prove to be a decent buy. He is also a threat in the air when defending and attacking corners and has come close to scoring from headers a few times this season from what i remember.

That's really interesting. I think Chadli is technically one of the best players we have. And his size makes gives him an added threat. I think he is very useful. Not exactly slow but if he had more pace he would be scary. Of course he can improve a lot, looks like he has the raw attributes to be a player.

Right now he looks far superior than someone like Siggy (although he is in terrible form)

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that I think he offers more than Townsend. Chadli seems to know when to try and take on the man and when to pass. Equally he seems to know when to try and cross and when to cut it back. He has a decent shot and looks to get a shot away when the opportunity arises, but equally looks to pass to people in better positions. Granted he can be inconsistent but I think he works hard, is good in the air, has a bit of pace and strength and I think he seems to be a tood team player and a solid squad option. Of course I hope he will improve and can demonstrate more of what we saw in the last half hour last night, but I've seen enough of him to know he is worth keeping around.

On the other hand we have Townsend, who seems to only ever want to beat a man and shuns an easy/early pass to try and go himself. He shoots far too often, frequently ignoring players in better positions. I think Townsend has ability but he needs to look at players like Chadli, Lennon and Eriksen and learn when to pass and whn to dribble because at the moment he's so predictable that it must be pretty easy to mark him.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that I think he offers more than Townsend. Chadli seems to know when to try and take on the man and when to pass. Equally he seems to know when to try and cross and when to cut it back. He has a decent shot and looks to get a shot away when the opportunity arises, but equally looks to pass to people in better positions. Granted he can be inconsistent but I think he works hard, is good in the air, has a bit of pace and strength and I think he seems to be a tood team player and a solid squad option. Of course I hope he will improve and can demonstrate more of what we saw in the last half hour last night, but I've seen enough of him to know he is worth keeping around.

On the other hand we have Townsend, who seems to only ever want to beat a man and shuns an easy/early pass to try and go himself. He shoots far too often, frequently ignoring players in better positions. I think Townsend has ability but he needs to look at players like Chadli, Lennon and Eriksen and learn when to pass and whn to dribble because at the moment he's so predictable that it must be pretty easy to mark him.

I've been saying this all season, but some are still arguing the opposite based on their first impressions and ignoring everything since. Chadli just needs a confidence boost, but constantly being dropped to the bench for no good reason isn't going to do that.

Townsend just isn't good enough, will never be and putting him on the pitch instead of better players that actually have the potential to make it is such a waste.

tbf the whole team picked up when the goal went in, it was like we went into turbo boost mode, they couldnt live with us. Now the trick is to see more of that passion, movement, ability in the PL and on a more consistent basis, not just from Chadli but the rest too. We have good players but for some reason we havent seen the best of them.

I think its simple why we saw the team pick up, confidence. Chadli was average until he scored, he was working hard granted then he scored and suddenly he was running at Benfica, doing step overs. You could see the confidence oozing out of him.

I also think it explains a lot with Spurs currently if we concede our heads drop we have no real fight. The average age of the starting 11 last night was 24 we need to sign 2 or 3 experienced players in the summer it would help no end. Ashley Cole not everyones cup of tea but his experience would benefit the younger players in our team.

He did look a changed player.

But don't forget the other big changes. Soldado wasn't getting much right, then Kane came on and won a couple of balls and headers which made a big difference.

And Eriksen was tying things together and probing.

Mind you Sigggurdddssson also got into the box well if you look at our chances and goals, he is always bombing in on the keeper to get a touch, not just fannying around outside the box.

Back