• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

N64

That's where my username came from - being completely untouchable on Golden Gun mode. Perfect entertainment when 4 of you come home from the pub or are staying in smoking. That's pretty much how I spent my first year or so of uni.

There's a lesson in that game for modern game designers - graphics aren't half as important as good map design and a good selection of multiplayer modes.

Map design is everything. Goldeneye maps were pretty small really, but gave the illusion of being bigger through being completely roamable. It was the first game I played where you really felt free to have a wander around.

No expansion pack unfortunately, but we do have four controllers, boss for kart Goldeneye and the wrestling game which is a laugh.

Majoras mask will be on it's way when a mate of mine goes home, we definitely had rogue squadron somewhere as well, Jet force Gemini is at home as well, along with Lylat wars. Do places like cash converters still do N64 games for a couple of quid by any chance? Will have a look around, see what I can get hold of.

you need the expansion pack for Majoras, so you need to grab one. I haven't been in a cash converters for a couple of years, but they did last I knew.

My first console btw was this

Atari2600jr.jpg

One of the games was Basketball where the ball was a large square dot. 4 colours. All in.

I miss those days - they were better and care free

One of my neighbours had one of them, even though we had a Mega Drive then, it was still fun to have a go on that. Remember a 32 in 1 cartridge with all sorts of delights like frogger and a Mario Bros knock off.

That's where my username came from - being completely untouchable on Golden Gun mode. Perfect entertainment when 4 of you come home from the pub or are staying in smoking. That's pretty much how I spent my first year or so of uni.

There's a lesson in that game for modern game designers - graphics aren't half as important as good map design and a good selection of multiplayer modes.

Sadly just isn't true. Graphics are important, if they tried to sell a full price boxed game with poor graphics but excellent gameplay, it just wouldn't sell as well

My biggest mistake at uni, and possibly in life, was selling my N64. Goldeneye is the mutts nuts, along with Mario Kart. I used to also love F Zero X and Extreme G, although it did make me feel slightly ill/sick if i played too long. Can't think of too many 'traditional' beat 'em ups apart from Fighters Destiny, which was pretty average if i remember

Back