• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I really find these "attitude" posts simply hilarious and, frankly, quite ridiculous. So these keyboard critics know all about a player they probably saw twice a year. And then we have Poch who has gone on record several times stating that footballing ability was only part of the decision to sign a player (especially one that costs big money) but his temperament and attitude must also be spot on and that the every potential purchase is closely assessed on these lines. And above all we have Hugo, who has played with Sissoko for years and who has spent days with him on France duty and yet again he must be either blind or incompetent because he was the one encouraging this signing.

Now let me see... which part of the argument should I tend to lean on????

Would be it Poch & Lloris? Or maybe Real Madrid who apparently "genuinely believe(d) he could be an alternative to Pogba, after losing out to Manchester United... regularly (spoke) to Benitez about the player and only decided not to bid because the deal is not eye-catching enough..."

So why the "attitude" aggro? More than likely because of his Ar5n1 comments earlier this summer! Do they bother me? Not in the slightest. Except for the exceptions like Kane and Mason, I have long accepted that every player is mercenary. Actually I am thrilled that he said them because from day 1, Sissoko will be under pressure to perform (his video already shows this) and this be a great spur (pun intended) for him to deliver the displays that he is certainly capable of.

I'm completed in the dark about Sissoko performances for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but I do think it's a club that has been in disarray for a few years and the team has been a shambles. I hope our manager can bring the best out of him on a regular basis. I fully understand we all have our own views on the club but it seems some people with never be satisfied with Daniel Levy, he either won't spend and we miss out or he pays too much and gets the wrong players, he can't win. Some buy in to any fiction they see on the net and lazy journalist help feed the frenzy. I was going to list the multitude of players we were going to sign in this window but I'm sure I would have missed one or two an upset people further. Most of these players were never likely to join us and the more fans believe this rubbish the more disappointed they get and turn their frustration on Levy.

We have what we have, it's now time to get behind the team and try not to look for spacegoats each time we fail.

I really find these "attitude" posts simply hilarious and, frankly, quite ridiculous. So these keyboard critics know all about a player they probably saw twice a year. And then we have Poch who has gone on record several times stating that footballing ability was only part of the decision to sign a player (especially one that costs big money) but his temperament and attitude must also be spot on and that the every potential purchase is closely assessed on these lines. And above all we have Hugo, who has played with Sissoko for years and who has spent days with him on France duty and yet again he must be either blind or incompetent because he was the one encouraging this signing.

Now let me see... which part of the argument should I tend to lean on????

Would be it Poch & Lloris? Or maybe Real Madrid who apparently "genuinely believe(d) he could be an alternative to Pogba, after losing out to Manchester United... regularly (spoke) to Benitez about the player and only decided not to bid because the deal is not eye-catching enough..."

So why the "attitude" aggro? More than likely because of his Ar5n1 comments earlier this summer! Do they bother me? Not in the slightest. Except for the exceptions like Kane and Mason, I have long accepted that every player is mercenary. Actually I am thrilled that he said them because from day 1, Sissoko will be under pressure to perform (his video already shows this) and this be a great spur (pun intended) for him to deliver the displays that he is certainly capable of.

Try speaking to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans who watched him week in week out for four seasons. The difference in the guy's work rate on the rare occassions when he's up for it (eg - when in the shop window at the Euros) and when he's not is stark. They are particularly unhappy with the way he used to stroll around like a pansy during all their derby defeats to Sunderland over the last few years.

I'd love to believe that Poch has this superior power to motivate people and get him performing at the top level each week. But I'm sceptical. There's usually no smoke without fire when it comes to these sorts of accusations. People warned us about Adebayor and we put it down to the Arsenal fans and Mancini being clams but the same pattern happened there. And even Poch couldn't make Adebayor give a brick...

i just think if we were going to spend that kind of money on one player we could have spent it on someone better

He will be average, very average in fact, because he is a limited player. Like i said its not his fault we shelled out so much money for him. He is not a goalscorer from midfield, he is not creative, he goes missing a lot. He can be a player at best that runs around and uses some power to run through the opposition midfield.

Yes I have made up my mind on what ive seen of him up to now. I cannot see any justification in paying so much for a player that has shown and done so little. It makes no sense. At least if we had paid 30 mill for Mane we could say yes its a heck of a lot of money but he he has shown good form and abilities for Southampton. But Sissoko? Just look at his PL stats and performances. Plus we have given him an 80k a week contract making him one of the highest paid players at the club. Sorry but im not in favour of rewarding this kind of failure

I am sure you won't resent so many of us wishing you wrong and therefore the possibility that these remarks may return to haunt you.
Hopefully, there is a part of you that wants that to happen

Try speaking to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans who watched him week in week out for four seasons. The difference in the guy's work rate on the rare occassions when he's up for it (eg - when in the shop window at the Euros) and when he's not is stark. They are particularly unhappy with the way he used to stroll around like a pansy during all their derby defeats to Sunderland over the last few years.

I'd love to believe that Poch has this superior power to motivate people and get him performing at the top level each week. But I'm sceptical. There's usually no smoke without fire when it comes to these sorts of accusations. People warned us about Adebayor and we put it down to the Arsenal fans and Mancini being clams but the same pattern happened there. And even Poch couldn't make Adebayor give a brick...

spot on

Plus i cant believe some are taking Sissoko's Euro performances seriously. Tournament football always gives players a chance to show form above what they usually demonstrate at club level and put themselves in the shop window for a big transfer. Look at Hal Robson Kanu. Unwanted and poor at club level. He had a great tournament but I didnt see anyone suggest we take him for free instead of buying Janssen. But it seems perfectly acceptable to pay 30 mill for a player who has been bang average all his career in France and England because he had a couple of good games in the Euros? Makes no sense.

You have obviously made your mind up about how good he will be for us, talk about giving a player the chance to show what he can do for us. :rolleyes:

I think he's one of these 'fans' who think all our players are rubbish and would rather slag them off than support.

The "which we stop paying if we ever sell him" part just doesn't make sense, and I don't believe it for a second. Some journo must have misunderstood and written that, because from a business perspective, with the amounts of money involved, it's just nonsensical and would be like throwing money out of the window. It's 0% chance that that is true. Most likely, we'll pay the installments over the next years, but should we sell him, we'd use some of the profit to cover the remaining debt we have to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Don't you think it's almost equally bizarre that if we sell him, we then have to scrap the installments and pay all the money up front?

Why would there be such a clause makes no sense, particularly if you think Daniel levy would agree to such a thing.

Your essentially saying that not only has mike Ashley pulled his pants down, but he's put his full length inside him and ravaged the fudge out of Danny boy.

Nah no chance!

Christ it's not rocket science - 5 X £6m over 5 years whatever happens, sell him or not!

IF we sell him for say £20m in two years that will have no bearing on the original deal.

Levy will/could make a discounted early settlement offer knowing Daniel! That would depend many factors though

My take on it!

I think he's one of these 'fans' who think all our players are rubbish and would rather slag them off than support.

Prove it. Its ok il do it for you. Ive criticized Rose,Lloris and Son in the past. Thats it. If you are going to make accusations like that back it up with evidence pal

Craig Hope, the Daily Mail's North East football correspondent, adds to the chorus of those who question Sissoko's commitment. But, we shall see....

Everton would have learned that going missing is one of Moussa Sissoko's bad habits... Tottenham have paid way over the odds for a player who might not even improve their bench

Everton were said to be furious when Moussa Sissoko 'went missing' after they had chartered a private flight to take him to Merseyside on deadline day.

Going missing, they would have learned, is a recurring theme with the France international, who ignored Everton's calls and instead signed for Spurs in a £30million deal.

The Toffees had a lucky escape. For while they were miffed that Sissoko had gone off radar for a few hours on Wednesday night, that annoyance is nothing compared to the supporters and staff of Saudi Sportswashing Machine who have wondered where their midfielder has been for the best part of three years.

Even in an age where inflated transfer fees are offset against the vast income of Premier League clubs, Spurs have paid way over the odds for Sissoko.

In some ways, the cost remains irrelevant and, if any player improves a side, they are worth the investment. There is no finer example of that than the £89m arrival of Sissoko's France team-mate, Paul Pogba, at Manchester United.

Sissoko, though, will not improve this talented Spurs XI. He might not even improve their bench.

As an observer of his entire time on Tyneside, there is perhaps no player who has frustrated more during Saudi Sportswashing Machine's decline towards the Championship.

On his day, yes, he is capable of dictating a contest.

That, though, is not through cunning and wit, more through the raw ingredients of pace and power. Technically, he is found wanting.

With Sissoko, it is more accident than design, a force-of-nature type who can cause panic in full flow.

For those days to happen, however, he needs to be motivated, and therein lies the problem with a player who coasted through last season and only really turned it on during the final few weeks under Rafa Benitez.

He scored one goal last term, a late strike in a 3-0 home win over Swansea. They used to duck in the Gallowgate End when he sized up a shot.

Yet through all of this Sissoko believed he was deserving of Champions League football. In a way, you have to admire his confidence.

[Etc. etc. etc.]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oussa-Sissoko-s-bad-habits.html#ixzz4J1tpDZrj

Just seen the Everton statement hahahahahahahahahahahaha embarassing, yeh we didnt want him he is no James McCarthy, no course not

spot on

Plus i cant believe some are taking Sissoko's Euro performances seriously. Tournament football always gives players a chance to show form above what they usually demonstrate at club level and put themselves in the shop window for a big transfer. Look at Hal Robson Kanu. Unwanted and poor at club level. He had a great tournament but I didnt see anyone suggest we take him for free instead of buying Janssen. But it seems perfectly acceptable to pay 30 mill for a player who has been bang average all his career in France and England because he had a couple of good games in the Euros? Makes no sense.

I'm sorry @indianspur, but I'm not prepared to write him off just yet until I see him play in our system and for Poch. There are plenty of players who have a perceived "bad attitude" that have gone on to be successes later on in their career. There are also plenty of examples of similar players who have gone on and continued to have bad attitudes.

My personal take is that we *could" have got a better player earlier in the window with that amount of money. But it is obvious that our manager and scouting team see something in him that means that they are willing to spend that amount of money and that we will get value for that money.

Looking at that write up @Dr Rosenrosen put up, he is a frustrating player. Not a brick player. Someone who is inconsistent with his "application" and perceived effort levels. Now this time last year, people were saying similar (but perhaps not as grave) things about Dembele. He was lazy, didn't have a footballing brain, didn't take advantage of his physical attributes and bully a game. I see this as no different to Sissoko. Poch believes that he will be able to do better with him. I choose to believe Poch and give Sissoko the benefit of the doubt. You obviously don't. But I think you are being unfair. There's obviously a player in there. We just need to up the consistency. It's not as if we have bought a player that has no capacity to perform better!

I'm pretty confident I've seen more of him than anyone on here. I've also given a fairly objective view. He will have some brilliant games for you I am sure. I'm certain he will start well. But he has little heart, his technical ability is flawed, his first touch and passing won't be on the same level as those around him in your team but he offers pace, power and directness that can scare the living brick out of defenders. He's clearly a bit of a nob and very inconsistent.

I think he improves your squad, I don't think he's worth anything like £30million but the market is fudged up these days.

I am sure you won't resent so many of us wishing you wrong and therefore the possibility that these remarks may return to haunt you.
Hopefully, there is a part of you that wants that to happen

I genuinely want to be proved wrong and even if he performs as i expect for Spurs i will never get on his back and say anything bad about him. You will see.

Anyway my expectations of him are so low it wont take much for me to be slightly impressed. As i said imo he is a limited player. Its not his fault we paid 30 mill for him.

The thing that people miss here is

- His ability is not the question
- We are not Everton/Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we don't need/depend on Sissoko to produce consistently
- He is not going to be playing in a side of 10 other players who don't give a fudge
- We have a first 11 than challenged for the title last season.

If Sissoko wants to play regularly, he has to perform regularly, he wants to play in CL, he will have to be better than Alli/Eriksen/someone.

Its probably a reflection of the different between us and the Everton's (no offense) of the world, that we can spend the money on someone who provides a different option that we may or may not use ..

This is truly pathetic and cringing
Moussa Sissoko: Everton co-owner claims club decided against signing Tottenham's new addition

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...hiri-tottenham-latest-statement-a7220186.html

Has Saudi Sportswashing Machine man’s change of heart caused Crystal Palace to miss out on Everton star?

They failed to bring any more new signings into Selhurst Park on transfer deadline day, failing with loan deals for Jack Wheelchair and James McCarthy.

Wheelchair decided to join AFC Bournemouth instead of Alan Pardew's side, but McCarthy is a different story.

Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish admitted at 9.30pm that there was an outside chance they could get one more deal over the line.

That appears to have been for Everton midfielder McCarthy, but did Moussa Sissoko scupper any chance of that deal going through?

Sissoko looked set for a £30 million move from Saudi Sportswashing Machine to Goodison Park after the two clubs agreed a fee.

However, Tottenham came in late in the day to match that bid and Sissoko did a u-turn, with a move to White Hart Lane now likely.

Had Everton secured the France international's services, they would have let McCarthy leave, but having failed to coax Sissoko to Goodison, they were reluctant to let McCarthy leave, meaning Palace missed out.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...everton-star/story-29674992-detail/story.html

Craig Hope, the Daily Mail's North East football correspondent, adds to the chorus of those who question Sissoko's commitment. But, we shall see....

Even in an age where inflated transfer fees are offset against the vast income of Premier League clubs, Spurs have paid way over the odds for Sissoko.

We have paid 6 million by what is being said...

As an observer of his entire time on Tyneside, there is perhaps no player who has frustrated more during Saudi Sportswashing Machine's decline towards the Championship.

On his day, yes, he is capable of dictating a contest.

Do I recall exactly the same being said about another Moussa this time last year; twelve months later and we are attributing all our woes on his absence through suspension.

That, though, is not through cunning and wit, more through the raw ingredients of pace and power. Technically, he is found wanting.

Another brick Geordie! We do not need a player with cunning and wit; we have scores of those and they are effectively countered by parking the bus and denying them space... what we lack are precisely players with power and pace - battering rams - to complement the likes of Alli, Lamela and Eriksen... duh!

With Sissoko, it is more accident than design, a force-of-nature type who can cause panic in full flow.

Music to my ears...

For those days to happen, however, he needs to be motivated, and therein lies the problem with a player who coasted through last season and only really turned it on during the final few weeks under Rafa Benitez.

So he did turn it on when a decent manager was appointed. Hus apparent failing coincide with that elite trio of managerial luminaries in Alan Pardew, John Carver and the one and only Steve McLaren. How could he possibly not be motivated by that trio????

Back