• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Sissoko has only been playing because he's been fit. I'd replace him before any of our full backs too.

It just goes to show how fans allow emotion to control their thoughts that a very limited trier like Sissoko can even be considered in a team with Kane, Son, Moura, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Dier, Winks, Rose, Davies, Trippier, Aurier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Foyth, Lloris and Gazzaniga, who are all significantly better footballers than him.

I can assure you that emotion has nothing to do with my opinion, this coming from a man too stubborn to admit he is wrong

Last edited:
Sissoko has only been playing because he's been fit. I'd replace him before any of our full backs too.

It just goes to show how fans allow emotion to control their thoughts that a very limited trier like Sissoko can even be considered in a team with Kane, Son, Moura, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Dier, Winks, Rose, Davies, Trippier, Aurier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Foyth, Lloris and Gazzaniga, who are all significantly better footballers than him.

Lamela? Aurier? Sell Sissoko before those two? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I know that you are the resident expert on all things football (and also medicine/South Korea/aviation safety/custard/badgers), but your list of players that Sissoko can be considered in the same team has contains a few flaws (see below).

Lamela - injured
Winks - injured
Dier - appendix/tonsillitis/England injury still not match fit
Kane - injured PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Son - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Moura - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Alli - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Rose - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Trippier - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Verts - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Alder - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Sanchez - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Foyth - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Lloris - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Gazza -PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION

Maybe compare him to the fit midfielders who are supposed to do the job Sissoko has been doing (also I'm sure in your mind it was total coincidence and Poch's tactical switch that caused us to play better against Ajax).

Maybe you should email Poch about how mistaken he is playing such a 'very limited trier' as Sissoko thenm take some calming homeopathic medicine and have a rest in your sensory deprivation tank. ;)

Trippier, Trippier, Davies, Aurier? Seriously, are you stoned out of your fukking mind?

I know that you are the resident expert on all things football (and also medicine/South Korea/aviation safety/custard/badgers), but your list of players that Sissoko can be considered in the same team has contains a few flaws (see below).

Lamela - injured
Winks - injured
Dier - appendix/tonsillitis/England injury still not match fit
Kane - injured PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Son - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Moura - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Alli - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Rose - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Trippier - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Verts - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Alder - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Sanchez - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Foyth - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Lloris - PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION
Gazza -PLAYS DIFFERENT POSITION

Maybe compare him to the fit midfielders who are supposed to do the job Sissoko has been doing (also I'm sure in your mind it was total coincidence and Poch's tactical switch that caused us to play better against Ajax).

Maybe you should email Poch about how mistaken he is playing such a 'very limited trier' as Sissoko thenm take some calming homeopathic medicine and have a rest in your sensory deprivation tank. ;)
You appear to have suffered from another reading fail.

@NaijaSpurs was suggesting Sissoko was his player of the season. Last time I checked, players didn't have to be in the same position to be in contention for that.

You appear to have suffered from another reading fail.

@NaijaSpurs was suggesting Sissoko was his player of the season. Last time I checked, players didn't have to be in the same position to be in contention for that.
Fair point. And I assume you’ll check your spread sheet to back up that this is ‘another’ reading fail on my part. Unless you mean that other posters have committed reading fails and I have joined their ranks - but that would be a shock because you are infallible and are only misunderstood by us dense mortals.

But what is not in doubt is your refusal to only grudgingly praise a player - who while limited - has clearly improved almost beyond recognition and become a vital part of our squad. I’m sorry that he has, for you, but not for the team. You can see how much they love him and despite the fact he hasn’t scored 9 hat-tricks and saved 16 penalties, he has been an important part of what has - so far - been an impressive season.

Via newsnow there was a post from a Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum talking about how their ex players had progressed

They would take Wilnaldum back but believe sissoko isn’t good enough for them

That was on Thursday IIRC so after both players had played mid week (not sure if Wilnaldum did)

Scary how fans view certain players and how high their must be to hold those views so long

Via newsnow there was a post from a Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum talking about how their ex players had progressed

They would take Wilnaldum back but believe sissoko isn’t good enough for them

That was on Thursday IIRC so after both players had played mid week (not sure if Wilnaldum did)

Scary how fans view certain players and how high their must be to hold those views so long
Are you calling @scaramanga a geordie? That's low man.

Fair point. And I assume you’ll check your spread sheet to back up that this is ‘another’ reading fail on my part. Unless you mean that other posters have committed reading fails and I have joined their ranks - but that would be a shock because you are infallible and are only misunderstood by us dense mortals.

But what is not in doubt is your refusal to only grudgingly praise a player - who while limited - has clearly improved almost beyond recognition and become a vital part of our squad. I’m sorry that he has, for you, but not for the team. You can see how much they love him and despite the fact he hasn’t scored 9 hat-tricks and saved 16 penalties, he has been an important part of what has - so far - been an impressive season.
His improvement has been astounding, I don't deny that. I also don't deny that without him, our injury problems would have lead us into a lot more trouble than we're already in. I can see why his puppy-like levels of energy and effort are a big hit with fans that care about that kind of thing.

The points I contest are that he was the wrong purchase in the first place. He didn't fit a footballing side and he only fits now because we're not keeping the ball much. Our quality has dropped significantly since we've been playing this way and I hope for Poch's sake (and all of ours) that it's not an intentional shift. Had we bought a player more suited to possession-based football then we would have been better suited when the injuries hit. We also shouldn't have sold Dembele - I'd pick a crippled Dembele over Sissoko every time.

He's also a very, very long way from our player of the season. Taking the obvious example, Kane has had a better season even with the injuries. Nobody else has tried as hard or improved as much, but that doesn't make him best. There's a whole squad of better players I'd rate over him for that.

His improvement has been astounding, I don't deny that. I also don't deny that without him, our injury problems would have lead us into a lot more trouble than we're already in. I can see why his puppy-like levels of energy and effort are a big hit with fans that care about that kind of thing.

The points I contest are that he was the wrong purchase in the first place. He didn't fit a footballing side and he only fits now because we're not keeping the ball much. Our quality has dropped significantly since we've been playing this way and I hope for Poch's sake (and all of ours) that it's not an intentional shift. Had we bought a player more suited to possession-based football then we would have been better suited when the injuries hit. We also shouldn't have sold Dembele - I'd pick a crippled Dembele over Sissoko every time.

He's also a very, very long way from our player of the season. Taking the obvious example, Kane has had a better season even with the injuries. Nobody else has tried as hard or improved as much, but that doesn't make him best. There's a whole squad of better players I'd rate over him for that.

“Puppy like levels of energy” :) lol

Son should be player of the year imho :)

Sissoko should get the most improved player of the year award if there is such a thing and if not we should make one.

“The GG Sissoko Most Improved Player of the Year Award” has a nice ring to it

Back