• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He had yet another good game, he's not there to be scoring goals and its just a bonus if he does. At least he was there busting a gut yet again to be driving forward into the box and had the balls to take on the shot on his weaker foot (admittedly his shooting isn't great on his right but still stronger)....

Indeed, he has probably been our most consistant player over the last month or so.

I disagree with that Stephen. The shot was the right choice even though the execution was poor. A pro will back themselves in that situation 400% of the time.
I have seen the incident on replay a few times now, and that is a seriously difficult pass to execute - the angle to get it in front of Son but far enough away from VD and not too far in front that the keeper could get it, and all whilst going at pace. That would be a difficult pass to execute for anyone....

I disagree with that Stephen. The shot was the right choice even though the execution was poor. A pro will back themselves in that situation 400% of the time.

I agree but it would have given me so much pleasure to see 'Richard' (aka The Best Defender In The World!Ever!) sitting on his backside.

I agree but it would have given me so much pleasure to see 'Richard' (aka The Best Defender In The World!Ever!) sitting on his backside.
You and me both. I've seen him lauded for good defending in this instance but I don't think it was. The main danger was Sissoko and he never tried to cover the shot. If the shot had nestled into the back of the net would it have been good defending? Of course not. He just got lucky Sissoko missed.

He had yet another good game, he's not there to be scoring goals and its just a bonus if he does. At least he was there busting a gut yet again to be driving forward into the box and had the balls to take on the shot on his weaker foot (admittedly his shooting isn't great on his right but still stronger)....

Ah come on, he has to score or at least hit the target. It was a terrible effort. We're 2 on 1, he's got to ensure that we score in that position. He did well on Sunday and I despise the pricks that have infest Twitter with their abuse but there's no getting away from the fact that Sissoko should have done better.

You and me both. I've seen him lauded for good defending in this instance but I don't think it was. The main danger was Sissoko and he never tried to cover the shot. If the shot had nestled into the back of the net would it have been good defending? Of course not. He just got lucky Sissoko missed.

It was great defending. VVD played the percentages. He either leaves the pass to Son open, commits to getting the ball of Sissoko and the possibility of being taken out of the game or he keeps Sissoko on his left foot. Keeping Sissoko on his left was brilliant decision making because Sissoko is unlikely to score especially with his bad foot. VVD also almost got to Sissoko when it was clear he was shooting. Brilliant decision making under intense pressure. I hate those bindipping clams and thought they overpaid for VVD but he's been fantastic for them.

It was great defending. VVD played the percentages. He either leaves the pass to Son open, commits to getting the ball of Sissoko and the possibility of being taken out of the game or he keeps Sissoko on his left foot. Keeping Sissoko on his left was brilliant decision making because Sissoko is unlikely to score especially with his bad foot. VVD also almost got to Sissoko when it was clear he was shooting. Brilliant decision making under intense pressure. I hate those bindipping clams and thought they overpaid for VVD but he's been fantastic for them.
Gambling that Sissoko would miss is not good defending in my book. The main danger is the shot not the pass, and he can position himself to try and block the shot without opening the passing angle. That would have been good defending. Giving a player a free shot not so much.

Gambling that Sissoko would miss is not good defending in my book. The main danger is the shot not the pass, and he can position himself to try and block the shot without opening the passing angle. That would have been good defending. Giving a player a free shot not so much.

Disagree. Son moves superbly. Sissoko is fast. He could not have covered both. I was begging him to edge central a little more so as Sissoko could roll it to Sonny. Credit where it is due, at that stage to make that choice goes against the natural order of selection...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The beautiful game my friend. What we can agree on is we both wish he’d slipped, allowed Moussa to feed Sonny and see that ball fly into the net instead of hitting Scousey McScouser calm down calm down in row w!!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Actually, I think the real shame is that he didn't bury it himself. It would have truly completed his on-field rehabilitation. Legend status was beckoning

I'm not with the Sissoko bashing phalanx, but it would be stupid to ignore his failings. The guy gives his all and offers a real presence in the midfield, but he is technically quite limited. The fact that the fans are all aware of it doesn't help as he knows that we know and he's gonna take less chances, which isn't good.

As much as we want to say "it's not his job to score goals", it is. No he's not a striker, but all midfielders should be expected to at least hit the target from 8 yards out, not wildly slash it into row Z. To say this does not make me a hater, it's a cold reality.

I'm not with the Sissoko bashing rude boys, but it would be stupid to ignore his failings. The guy gives his all and offers a real presence in the midfield, but he is technically quite limited. The fact that the fans are all aware of it doesn't help as he knows that we know and he's gonna take less chances, which isn't good.

As much as we want to say "it's not his job to score goals", it is. No he's not a striker, but all midfielders should be expected to at least hit the target from 8 yards out, not wildly slash it into row Z. To say this does not make me a hater, it's a cold reality.

Was on his weaker foot. But I agree. All midfielders should be able to nail that kind of shooting chance. His running can open up oppotunities like that, and I think he will start to score them. If he could start to hit the target regularly, he would be quite a player.

Was on his weaker foot. But I agree. All midfielders should be able to nail that kind of shooting chance. His running can open up oppotunities like that, and I think he will start to score them.

He's not going to score them.

Never will.

I've kept my peace on Sissoko after the game, but it's a bit optimistic to think he'll ever stop being utterly, irredeemably crap in front of goal.

He is damn good at what he does - he bustles, he harries, he hustles, he works hard, he carries the ball surprisingly well. He was not at fault for the loss, and he's proven a lot of us wrong this season.

But let's not expect miracles here, come on.

He's not going to score them.

Never will.

I've kept my peace on Sissoko after the game, but it's a bit optimistic to think he'll ever stop being utterly, irredeemably crap in front of goal.

He is damn good at what he does - he bustles, he harries, he hustles, he works hard, he carries the ball surprisingly well. He was not at fault for the loss, and he's proven a lot of us wrong this season.

But let's not expect miracles here, come on.

I hear you. But just look at Sissoko's tranformation this and last season. If he can develop his game as he has, he can still develop his shooting.

Back