• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

It makes sense to loan him back imo, this is his first season of proper football. Let him finish the season playing every game for Fulham and have a full pre-season with us. It worked out well with Alli!

It might mean that we sign another striker as well, unless Poch think Son and Chadli can cover Kane.

Usually I'd agree that a loan back would be ideal but we desperately need a second striker and I don't care at this moment in time whether it's a striker with one proper season of football at Championship level or Karim Benzema. We need someone now and he'd certainly get at least some apperances. If Kane gets injured and we don't have another striker I won't be surprised but it would be very 'sexy' as the saying now goes.

EDIT: It appears Spurs-y now appears as Sexy which is kinda frustrating but very funny at the same time :p

The BBC running it now, the one agency you know has scruples about checking their sources

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35450394

Moussa Dembele: Fulham striker set to move to Tottenham

Fulham striker Moussa Dembele is having a medical and is set to join Tottenham in a transfer worth a reported £5m.

Dembele's contract at Craven Cottage ends in the summer, although he will be sent back to the Championship club on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old Frenchman joined Fulham from Paris St-Germain in 2012 and has scored 11 goals this campaign.

Spurs already have unrelated 28-year-old Belgium midfielder Mousa Dembele in their squad.

Fulham, meanwhile, have signed defender Michael Madl, 27, on loan until the end of the season from Austrian side Sturm Graz.

The Whites, who are 19th in the Championship, only four points above the relegation zone, and have only won one of their last 15 matches, have an option to make the deal permanent.

Dembele, who has represented France at under-20 level, was only 17 when he made his Premier League debut in November 2013, although Fulham were relegated from the top flight in that season.

Tottenham are fourth in the Premier League, five points clear of fifth-placed Manchester United, and aiming to qualify for the European Cup for only the third time.
Not sure I trust the source. We all know our Mousa is Dutch...

Loaning him back makes little sense to me. Our superior coaching and conditioning are needed to bring him up to speed for next season and beyond
I must admit I am slightly perplexed about loaning him back. If we have more than enough cover for Kane from the wide forwards then why are we purchasing another centre forward now especially as we could try again for Berahino in the summer? I can't remember the last time we had such an opportunity to win trophies so imo, now was the time to bring in another centre forward to cement our position. It will be hard to take if we fail to capitalise on the openness of the league this season. Still, in Poch we trust.

It worked fine for Dele Alli.

I think every case is different. Alli was bought at a time when we all ready had an abundance of midfielders who would have stalled his development.
On the one hand, Dembele wouldn't have to worry so much about that and we actually need an extra striker at the moment. On the other, he still would only get match time in the form of cameos in the league and at best a half in the next round of the cup. His staying with us these next 4-5 months would be a pause in his development but would be a safety net for us.

I think every case is different. Alli was bought at a time when we all ready had an abundance of midfielders who would have stalled his development.
On the one hand, Dembele wouldn't have to worry so much about that and we actually need an extra striker at the moment. On the other, he still would only get match time in the form of cameos in the league and at best a half in the next round of the cup. His staying with us these next 4-5 months would be a pause in his development but would be a safety net for us.

That's a good point.

I must admit I am slightly perplexed about loaning him back. If we have more than enough cover for Kane from the wide forwards then why are we purchasing another centre forward now especially as we could try again for Berahino in the summer? I can't remember the last time we had such an opportunity to win trophies so imo, now was the time to bring in another centre forward to cement our position. It will be hard to take if we fail to capitalise on the openness of the league this season. Still, in Poch we trust.

I don't think we'll be trying for Berahino again. Certainly not while Peace is still there. Poch might think we already have enough cover in the squad, and I agree with him on that, and we're simply doing this deal now as it's our only chance to get the player. Otherwise he'll just sign a pre contract abroad. We shouldn't stop signing talent just because our squad is settled at the moment. All kinds of things could happen before next season starts.

Yeah this one is starting to make sense to me now.

He would very rarely play this season and Son can step in for Kane when needed. Perhaps letting him stay there has helped us achieve this extremely low initial fee of 1.7m, meanwhile perhaps there is a provision to recall him if say something serious happened to Kane.

With regards as to why bother doing this now; I think the club has established that this is the striker deal to be done. Berahino is hopelessly overpriced by a deluded and ego driven macaron - even in the summer he wasn't worth a penny over 18m imo. And even this summer knobjock will want at least 25m I suspect. Then look at who else is out there that fits the profile... Are any as good as dembele at 1.7m who lets not forget is allegedly attracting serious interest from man utd and juventus.

Overall this is the deal to be done imo and I think after weeks of talks, this particular deal is the only way for us to get him.

1) We'd have to pay compensation anyway

2) To beat off the competition

Remember we offered Burnley £10m for Ings, even though he was out of contract, for those two reasons.

The compensation would be considerably less, no? Aren't we already allowed to talk to the player? If we sign him now on a pre contract, we would have beaten off any competition. If he wanted to sign for someone else he could've done so already. I doubt we offered 10M for Ings, since Liverpool got him for less.

I'm gonna say there's no way we pay money for him and loan him back. We'll know if I'm wrong in a few days...

The compensation would be considerably less, no? Aren't we already allowed to talk to the player? If we sign him now on a pre contract, we would have beaten off any competition. If he wanted to sign for someone else he could've done so already. I doubt we offered 10M for Ings, since Liverpool got him for less.

I'm gonna say there's no way we pay money for him and loan him back. We'll know if I'm wrong in a few days...

He can't sign pre contracts with other English clubs. We either buy him now or risk other clubs coming in.

Ings fee still hasn't been set.

Could be down to boro coming back in for Ross McCormack

So Fulham would be left with no strikers and no way of buying any

So we were trying to get him in now after all.

Just let them have him for rest of the season with a provision for a recall should Kane get injured.

If we don't then who can we even get in the summer that fits the profile?

SB massively overpriced and the likes of embreelo will be big money. Harrison isn't ready imo and dembele seems perfect for the role of back up/occasional partner for Kane.

Shame we didn't hold Coulthirst back from joining Posh.....at least we should have offered Fulham him (on loan) as a sweetner plus winks perhaps.

Back