• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mourinho - What Next?

I find it hilarious that some Manure fans are clamouring for Maureen118!:D

They are wanting to jettison a manager who has them around the top playing boring football for a man who took a team from champions to relegation foffer playing boring football! I bet the Manure players can't wait. LOLZ!

I know what you are saying but I think Utd will see him as a short term fix to their lack of on-field success.
The question is can he do it again in England with a different club? I'd say yes. He won the league with Chelsea last year and everyone knew what to expect of his team then too. It is a relentless machine devoid of footballing joy but it certainly is effective for a few years at least. He'll get Utd playing in his pragmatic way grinding out results, and after about 2 years he'll have sucked the life out of the club and players like a vampire before moving on to his next victim.

Utd should be going all guns blazing for Pep.

Mourinho is a safer bet than Pep.

I know it is very much in vogue right now to hate on Mourinho, but Pep is the less proven of the two.

You can get away with playing three defenders and going for 80% possession in every game in La Liga or the Bundesliga. They are both such weak leagues in comparison to the Premiership.

Also, Pep has been found out in the CL over the past two years without Messi, imagine how much he would struggle with the crock of brick on United's books.

Mourinho has done the business with every type of team in every type of league. Frankly this 'Mourinho is brick' jizzfest is ridiculous.

I know it is very much in vogue right now to hate on Mourinho, but Pep is the less proven of the two.

You can get away with playing three defenders and going for 80% possession in every game in La Liga or the Bundesliga. They are both such weak leagues in comparison to the Premiership.

Also, Pep has been found out in the CL over the past two years without Messi, imagine how much he would struggle with the crock of brick on United's books.

Mourinho has done the business with every type of team in every type of league. Frankly this 'Mourinho is brick' jizzfest is ridiculous.

Bundesliga yes, La Liga no.

Losing in the semis to the eventual winners makes him found out? The Madrid result was surely weird, but with Bayern missing Robbery against Barca there was nothing Pep could have done to take his team through.

Is anyone saying that Mourinho is brick? I think that most people are saying that he brings success but at a cost.

Mourinho might just have been found out at Chelsea. Alot of what he is revolves around his confidence and the level of failure this season may make it hard for him to have that respect from opposition again and maybe from within whatever club he has managed.

For the first time big clubs are thiking that we could do without having this guy come in and fek our PR up, annoy some fans and alienate some players.

But you never know, he may review his approach, look at his style and re-invent himself.

Doubt it!

I wouldn't say the other leagues are weak but I agree Pep is less proven, far less imo

You can say what you like about Jose's situations but it arguable he has never been in one with the strength of the Barca or Bayern side that Pep inherited

Mourinho might just have been found out at Chelsea. Alot of what he is revolves around his confidence and the level of failure this season may make it hard for him to have that respect from opposition again and maybe from within whatever club he has managed.

For the first time big clubs are thiking that we could do without having this guy come in and fek our PR up, annoy some fans and alienate some players.

But you never know, he may review his approach, look at his style and re-invent himself.

Doubt it!

Apart from the whole insident with the Dr, is he bad Pr? He dominates news cycles, which probably would pay for his wages in PR fees alone (might be a slight exaggeration there)

Apart from the whole insident with the Dr, is he bad Pr? He dominates news cycles, which probably would pay for his wages in PR fees alone (might be a slight exaggeration there)

Maybe, but the misogynist tag (unfounded in this instance for me) isn't one that people want these days. And it will always be bought up now by angry social justice neo-feminist types.

...also

yes Chelsea are a mess now, and that's largely to do with Jose's public comments about certain players and staff members

I don't believe scorched earth is always the case though, Porto continued to be successful (partly due to the next genius they hired obviously;-)), Chelsea and Madrid both one CL's soon after, with squads largely as he assembled them, and Inter did no more than go back to "being Inter"

Chelsea's success over the last decade has been predominantly with the spine he built, with Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba

likewise, with Madrid, he was the first manager in recent times to convince the board that the squad needed pragmatism rather than galactico's, he built his team around a Khedira & Alonso base and made Benzema a pivot for the stars to buzz around, this was a template that won the league back for them and also served Ancelotti well

it feel's like a bit of a pile on at the minute whilst he is down, but the narrative is certainly outrunning the facts

Legacy clubs though, you wouldn't expect Porto based on the weakness of that league and Real to fall off the face of the planet? Inter are now top of the league but for the first time since forever.

He's really parked his tank on LvG's lawn with his statement about staying in England and looking for a job straight away.

By next season we could have Mourinho, Guardiola, Simeone and Klopp all managing in the PL.
And won't it be great watching them all being overshadowed by a hot young coach from Argentina!?

Indeed it is, sour grapes for whatever reason by some. I have a family member who is a Utd season ticket holder and he and his mates are hoping Jose becomes their manager, they say he will guarantee them more trophys.

For me, Mourinho an 'underdog' type of manager, who elevated Chelski when they still had ceilings to burst through despite their money and whereby the tactics employed against them were in keeping with them being the 'underdog' in the biggest games. Once teams play like the underdog themselves in the big games, his limitations at that top level (in terms of training his team attack beyond just relying on moments and set-pieces) become all too clear: it's why i feel he'll always get knocked out of semi-finals when he is managing a top-tier team. His CL wins have been with Porto and Inter and to me reflect that; the fact he couldn't get the star-studded Real Madrid team he was managing (will he EVER manage a team with better players?) to even one final in 3 years says it all.

I'd LOVE it if he joined Man U!

For me, Mourinho an 'underdog' type of manager, who elevated Chelski when they still had ceilings to burst through despite their money and whereby the tactics employed against them were in keeping with them being the 'underdog' in the biggest games. Once teams play like the underdog themselves in the big games, his limitations at that top level (in terms of training his team attack beyond just relying on moments and set-pieces) become all too clear: it's why i feel he'll always get knocked out of semi-finals when he is managing a top-tier team. His CL wins have been with Porto and Inter and to me reflect that; the fact he couldn't get the star-studded Real Madrid team he was managing (will he EVER manage a team with better players?) to even one final in 3 years says it all.

I'd LOVE it if he joined Man U!

his CL performance at Madrid compares very favourably with his recent predecessors, all of whom had equally star studded sides

he got them to the semi every time, prior to his appointment they had only got that far twice in 10 years

he's won 14 cups in his career, he doesn't always fall at the penultimate hurdle

his CL performance at Madrid compares very favourably with his recent predecessors, all of whom had equally star studded sides

he got them to the semi every time, prior to his appointment they had only got that far twice in 10 years

He certainly improved the CL performance which had been a joke for years; BUT that team should have got to at least one final in his tenure, esp when you look at who they played in those semis. Again, kit shows he is a good 'underdog' coach, but not very good when teams who have squads nearly at the level of his team themselves set up in an 'underdog' role and put the onus on him to take the initiative.

I think that's a massive oversimplification based on a couple of short spells

he's won league titles on multiple occasions when facing a parked bus every week

he's "won" from pretty much every scenario there is

I think that's a massive oversimplification based on a couple of short spells

he's won league titles on multiple occasions when facing a parked bus every week

he's "won" from pretty much every scenario there is

I'm talking about in CL when against his peers, not just a league scenario..it's why i think he'll never win a CL with an A-List club

Back