• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Hope you're right. I get the feeling the fact that Southampton have sold virtually all their decent players already this season means that no offer Levy is likely to make will be enough for Southampton to sell. If we'd got in there before they'd sold one of Lovren, Lallana and Shaw then i think we'd have had a better chance, but I think the point has come where, having taken the best part of £100m in transfer fees this summer, they don't have to sell anyone else. And let's face it, it's not a Bale/Suarez situation where the offer is going to be too big to refuse - Levy won't pay that sort of money, he'll pay the market value and Southampton don't need to sell at market value.
I also think that hanging on until deadline day won't work UNLESS Southampton have signed a replacement. If they haven't, it's another reason to forget thinking that a last minute swoop will be successful.
Finally, we don't even have the situation encountered by other clubs where the player forces a sale; sure it's been reported that he was p***sed off that he couldn't join us and he then posted 'that' tweet, but since then he seems to have decided he has to play/train. If he hadn't played on Saturday I'd have been encouraged, but i think he knows and Koemann knows that he isn't leaving this window.
Hope i'm wrong.

A part-exchange is the only way I can see it happening, and for me the obvious player is Dembele (like-for-like, big enough name and played for Koeman at AZ).

bartering is good for us as we seem to have a healthy surplus. why stop at one? Dawson for Lovren, I'm sure we have more than one spare midfielder, and they have surplus CA$H :)

I watched MS fairly closely yesterday and I stand by what I said then about the way he played for them, he looked nowhere near interested. Yet pundits and "experts" are all saying how he had such a great game, was I the only who thought he looked off his game?

He was pants. I don't think he's a bad player in general, just very similar in ability to all the others we have. We seem scared of buying creative/dynamic CMs.

I watched MS fairly closely yesterday and I stand by what I said then about the way he played for them, he looked nowhere near interested. Yet pundits and "experts" are all saying how he had such a great game, was I the only who thought he looked off his game?

he got more into the game tho as time went on. if he stays past the window he will naturally knuckle down and continue to be an asset.

I didn't see the game but those on saints web are very happy with how he played and they'd know better than us what sort of performances he's capable of...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

About what?

thats like a non spurs fan who just watches the big teams and youtube telling you xavi or pirlo is better than modric.

schneiderlin is miles better than what we got. maybe not ability wise but he links play, alternates play, plays triangles, moves the ball forward quicker and more intelligently all in ways our current players do not.
its all subtle and not highlight material but

Last edited:
From what I saw Schneiderlin seemed to be playing on the left side a lot, but I wasn't watching avidly

He was pants. I don't think he's a bad player in general, just very similar in ability to all the others we have. We seem scared of buying creative/dynamic CMs.

From what I have seen, he is better than Capoue and is certainly more proven in the PL. Whether he is better than Sandro is debatable however, with the latter's injury record and the time he takes to recover his pre injury form I would say Schneiderlin is better long term option. In any case whatever we fans think, the continued interest would suggest that Poch thinks he is an important option to have.

Last edited:
thats like a non spurs fan who just watches the big teams and youtube telling you xavi or pirlo is better than modric.

schneiderlin is miles better than what we got. maybe not ability wise but he links play, alternates play, plays triangles, moves the ball forward quicker and more intelligently all in ways our current players do not.
its all subtle and not highlight material but

I do think Xavi and Pirlo are superior players to Modric but that's by the by. I think signing schneiderlin is critical to the way we want our team to play under poch.

I do think Xavi and Pirlo are superior players to Modric but that's by the by. I think signing schneiderlin is critical to the way we want our team to play under poch.

they are not. not in a million years. ludicrous to suggest otherwise and i can give a million reasons why they are nowhere near modric.
thats my point. outsiders would say that they are better. the same way an outsider would say schneiderlin is no better than what we got when in reality anybody who has studied schneiderlin would see he is superior to dembele and co

Last edited:
they are not. not in a million years. ludicrous to suggest otherwise and i can give a million reasons why they are nowhere near modric.
thats my point. outsiders would say that they are better. the same way an outsider would say schneiderlin is no better than what we got when in reality anybody who has studied schneiderlin would see he is superior to dembele and co
It's not a Modric thread but I'd be interested in what a few of those millions of reasons are, if it does not take us too far off topic.

Ludicrous to suggest that Xavi and / or Pirlo are superior to Modric??

Arf!

A ludicrous opinion is one that no one of sane mind could agree with. But while the opinion that Xavi and / or Pirlo are superior to Modric might well be legitimately debatable, it's not exactly far out there into la-la land. It's not even remotely close to being ludicrous.

Ludicrous to suggest that Xavi and / or Pirlo are superior to Modric??

Arf!

A ludicrous opinion is one that no one of sane mind could agree with. But while the opinion that Xavi and / or Pirlo are superior to Modric might well be legitimately debatable, it's not exactly far out there into la-la land. It's not even remotely close to being ludicrous.

xavi and pirlo for the most part linger between the defence and midfield picking the ball up unopposed to spray passes at their own pace.
modric is ALL OVER THE PITCH DICTATING the play. might i add in congested zones against players twice his size.

absolutely ludicrous to suggest xavi and pirlo are anywhere near modric. i would say xavi's weight of pass is technically the best in the world but it takes alot of other variables in his favour for him to be able to execute his skill.

modric MAKES things happen and relies on nobody to play his game. he's way more tactically advanced, way more mobile and can play his game anywhere. not just in front of the back four in a slow paced game.

even die hard pirlo fans say he has his limits. ever seen him make a tackle? if he played in the EPL in front of the back 4 the way he pays in italy he would have nowhere near as much luxury.

Last edited:
xavi and pirlo for the most part linger between the defence and midfield picking the ball up unopposed to spray passes at their own pace.
modric is ALL OVER THE PITCH DICTATING the play. might i add in congested zones against players twice his size.

absolutely ludicrous to suggest xavi and pirlo are anywhere near modric. i would say xavi's weight of pass is technically the best in the world but it takes alot of other variables in his favour for him to be able to execute his skill.

modric MAKES things happen and relies on nobody to play his game. he's way more tactically advanced, way more mobile and can play his game anywhere. not just in front of the back four in a slow paced game.

even die hard pirlo fans say he has his limits. ever seen him make a tackle? if he played in the EPL in front of the back 4 the way he pays in italy he would have nowhere near as much luxury.

Once again.....

.......while the opinion that Xavi and / or Pirlo are superior to Modric might well be legitimately debatable, it's not exactly far out there into la-la land. It's not even remotely close to being ludicrous.

Mod-rich is a quality player. Xavi and Pirlo are too and classier. On top form mod-rich is 3rd out of those 3 all day long.

Back