• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Somehow you appear to be missing the point that this guy as been passed by the top teams for a long time and in the current Southampton fire sale.

We need top class first team players not more squad players in midfield..

Or you're missing that point that we have no need for Lambert or Lallana. Lovren clearly wanted to go to Liverpool. And we didn't want Calum Chambers.

You've also missed the point that Arsenal, Liverpool and whoever else don't need someone in Schneiderlin's position.

You've also missed the point that all the other players have been "passed by the top teams for a long time".

You've also missed the point that this guy won't be a squad player.

You've also missed the point that this guy is a top class first team player.

Or you're missing that point that we have no need for Lambert or Lallana. Lovren clearly wanted to go to Liverpool. And we didn't want Calum Chambers.

You've also missed the point that Arsenal, Liverpool and whoever else don't need someone in Schneiderlin's position.

You've also missed the point that all the other players have been "passed by the top teams for a long time".

You've also missed the point that this guy won't be a squad player.

You've also missed the point that this guy is a top class first team player.

I'm confused. did he miss the point or didn't he?

I get your point but i still don't agree. He's worked with the player hence he should automatically be allowed the right to sign him irrespective of him being the worst player at the club.

Poch coached an ageing Ivan del la Pena at Espanyol. We can see (as well as everyone else) his legs are gone, he's slow as **** and he wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace of the league. If Poch goes to Levy and declares that Ivan de la pena is the missing piece to the puzzle...should Levy just go out and try to sign him? without questioning his age...or the fact that he's slow as ****...simply because Poch has coached him.

He's not the worst player at the club. It was a flippant throw away comment to emphasise a point but it was not the point itself. If a manager identifies a player that they know well as key to how they want a new club to play and the player is available within their new club's budget. Their new club should try to sign them. I do not see what there is to disagree with here.

Ok there's a fuss now obviously. AT the time there wasn't...now there is.

Regarding your bolded bit.....you mean like Luka Modric when he stated he wanted to join Chelski?

To be fair, Levy said he direct wasn't selling to Chelsea. If Madrid had come in for him or any other rich powerhouse from outside the UK, he'd have been sold.

He's not the worst player at the club. It was a flippant throw away comment to emphasise a point but it was not the point itself. If a manager identifies a player that they know well as key to how they want a new club to play and the player is available within their new club's budget. Their new club should try to sign them. I do not see what there is to disagree with here.

Wow...you really don't see anything someone can disagree with? like really?

There's countless scenarios where the chairman can decide to not support the manager (the De La pena scenario is one that you ignored)...ok the manager has coached the player before and that does count for something but that doesn't give him the green light to target any randomer he's coached without questions being asked.

It was clear by your "worst player at the club" comment that you was insinuating that the manager should be allowed the freedom to sign any players he's coached and seen up close..and he should be backed.

I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer,” read Levy’s statement.
“We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining players is crucial to that.

“In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea or any other club. We made our stance abundantly clear in writing.
“To avoid any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations, with any club, regarding Luka,” he said. “This matter is now closed.”

Wow...you really don't see anything someone can disagree with? like really?

There's countless scenarios where the chairman can decide to not support the manager (the De La pena scenario is one that you ignored)...ok the manager has coached the player before and that does count for something but that doesn't give him the green light to target any randomer he's coached without questions being asked.

It was clear by your "worst player at the club" comment that you was insinuating that the manager should be allowed the freedom to sign any players he's coached and seen up close..and he should be backed.

[video=youtube;RDjCqjzbvJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjCqjzbvJY[/video]

@MichaelVaughan: Just seen Morgan Schneiderlin in our hotel in Southampton....Looks rather grumpy...,

I bet he is. Schneiderlin apparently sold his house in Southampton yesterday ahead of the move.

Hahahahahahahah Milo that's utterly pathetic on your part...you should actually feel embarrased being that you preach about threads not being taken off topic.

I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer,” read Levy’s statement.
“We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining players is crucial to that.

“In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea or any other club. We made our stance abundantly clear in writing.
“To avoid any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations, with any club, regarding Luka,” he said. “This matter is now closed.”

was this the summer he was sold tho? didn't he stay that summer and was sold the next?

No he was sold the summer after which is the point i'm making (that he was not sold after a definite statement).

?? but for that transfer window he refused to sell him which if we are comparing it to southampton means schnederlin won't be coming at least for now.

If a player hands in a transfer request, doesn't that player then lose out on a 'loyalty bonus' or some such thing?

Maybe that's the angle here. Most people in football are, at times, full of sh1t. So I'm not going to get too excited about various statements by players/coaches/chairmen. Most of it is probably negotiatiing tactics.

Back