• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Monaco OMT

A reasonable result overall but still disappointing. We were a mirror image of Saturday's game. Good in the first half but poor in the second half. Gave the ball away far too easily. It tinkled with rain all game and in the last 20 it looked like our legs had gone. Poch too late with subs as usual. As I predicted pre game we really missed the energy and enthusiasm of Son.

Not too surprised that we had a come down after Saturday. Overall we were the better team but a point away at Monaco, "on paper" is a decent result so onwards and upwards. Hopefully we will have a little more guile about us this weekend!

It looked to me like we were playing at 75% most of the match, especially after we scored. And why shouldn't we? After all, even a draw is a good result, so no point in wasting our energy with a league game in less than 3 days.

These games seem to lack the intensity of the PL particularly the away ones, almost look like they are played in slow motion at times.

I think in the return game if we can play with a bit more pace and with the home advantage we can beat them.

Fair result, thought we were poor in the second half.
They were excellent/much better than us in the end.

That pitch looked huge - Trippier looked very average but early days for the lad.

It was straight at him. Goalkeeper of his quality it's criminal. The fact he almost cost us minutes later with a suicide save was worse. No idea what was going on with him last night.

Brad Friedel (admittedly Hugo's mate) was saying on the commentary about how that's about the worst place for it go from a keeper's perspective - something to do with where your weight is and needing to offload that before you can move.

Trippier looked very average but early days for the lad.

He looks short - he gets dominated in the air, which Walker and even Rose never do

I didn't get to see the game, that's a decent result though. How was the performance?

Yeah, it's a very good result. Monaco are a better side than all but the top 3 EPL sides. Admittedly though it's not the most intimidating away trip with their no fans.

Yeah, it's a very good result. Monaco are a better side than all but the top 3 EPL sides. Admittedly though it's not the most intimidating away trip with their no fans.
The Monaco of last year might've been. The Monaco of this year are short of that though I feel.

Back