• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Monaco OMT

I really hope that people are not thinking this is going to be easy. I would take draw. They have some good players we will be stretched!

aaa-luxury-monaco-car-hire.png

Not when our group is as strong as it is (stronger than a good number of CL groups) and we're already out of our other main chance of silverware.

We will go through if we win our home games and pick up some points on the road. I would concentrate on playing a stronger side at home and resting more players for away trips.

We also need to give fringe players minutes on the pitch, so that they have a chance to push for a first team place and are match fit when called upon.

It is a shame that Mason and Bentaleb are not fit for this game. It would have been good to see one of them alongside Winks.

We will go through if we win our home games and pick up some points on the road. I would concentrate on playing a stronger side at home and resting more players for away trips.

We also need to give fringe players minutes on the pitch, so that they have a chance to push for a first team place and are match fit when called upon.

The only way I think rotating works is if you put out a side you think is capable of winning the game - with that in mind I think we need to put a strong side out against Monaco with few, if any, players rotated in

But I think we need to prioritise this, then play Wimmer, Trippier, Winks, Townsend and Njie against Swansea.

We can win this cup with proper effort, whereas we'll finish 5th (worst 6th) in the league whatever happens

@Gutter Boy the coefficient will not impact this seasons qualification. Next season maybe. You are doing that stating things as facts when they are not thing again.

On the team.

Lloris
Trippier Wimmer Fazio Rose
Carroll Dier (he does need a rest but who else?)
Townsend Chadli Eriksen
Njie

But I think we need to prioritise this, then play Wimmer, Trippier, Winks, Townsend and Njie against Swansea.

We can win this cup with proper effort, whereas we'll finish 5th (worst 6th) in the league whatever happens

If it was a home game, I would be all for playing our strongest side. I think that playing reserve players in the league would be a big mistake, we have a chance whilst the other clubs are faultering that may not be there later in the season.

That's nonsense, none of the top sides look convincing early on and we have every chance of finishing above one (or two) of them if they underperform for the duration of the season and we play to our best.

That's not to say we should sacrifice Europe, we're more than capable of taking both this and the Swansea game seriously

The only way I think rotating works is if you put out a side you think is capable of winning the game - with that in mind I think we need to put a strong side out against Monaco with few, if any, players rotated in

I take your point but I think that there is little difference in quality between some of the players that we would be looking to rotate. After that it is a combination of keeping first team players fresh and giving fringe players game time. On current form, the only duds in the squad look to be Vorm, Fazio and Townsend.

That's nonsense, none of the top sides look convincing early on and we have every chance of finishing above one (or two) of them if they underperform for the duration of the season and we play to our best.

That's not to say we should sacrifice Europe, we're more than capable of taking both this and the Swansea game seriously

The final league tables usually correlate exactly to wage bill, with 1 or 2 minor exceptions (West Ham underachieving and Soton and Swansea overachieving).

I'm pretty confident that in 9 months' time the table will look like: Chelsea, City, United, big gap, Arsenal, gap, Us, Liverpool. The old saying was there was no point looking at the league table till Christmas. It's the second half of the season when resources ensure the table falls into its established order.

On the team.

Lloris
Trippier Wimmer Fazio Rose
Carroll Dier (he does need a rest but who else?)
Townsend Chadli Eriksen
Njie

I agree that Dier needs a break but it is difficult to see how he can get it until Bentaleb and Mason return.

I'd take a draw. Hell, considering the state of this OMT, I'd be happy if we don't lose by more than three goals.

At least that Martial fella is no longer there.

The final league tables usually correlate exactly to wage bill, with 1 or 2 minor exceptions (West Ham underachieving and Soton and Swansea overachieving).

I'm pretty confident that in 9 months' time the table will look like: Chel53a, City, United, big gap, Ar5ena1, gap, Us, Liverpool. The old saying was there was no point looking at the league table till Christmas. It's the second half of the season when resources ensure the table falls into its established order.

Yes usually that is the case, but as we have seen in the recent past that is not always what happens - and when the season is at an early stage and the teams above are looking less than convincing it would be outright foolishness to give up on the league

Back