• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Monaco avoid 75% super tax

How is it right if that country fields a football team in your country that doesn't adhere to the same rules?

I feel like you're being purposely obtuse. Monaco play in the same league as the French teams, will they have to pay the same amount of tax as the other teams? If not, is that not a ridiculous advantage over those other teams?

I feel like you're being purposely obtuse. Monaco play in the same league as the French teams, will they have to pay the same amount of tax as the other teams? If not, is that not a ridiculous advantage over those other teams?

I wonder if something like this might happen in the premership with the Welsh clubs if the Welsh assembly gets more powers in the future. Maybe this is why UEFA is not keen on clubs from different countries playing in the same leagues.

My own opinion is that this was not a problem for French league in previous years and Monaco have been in the top flight before so really it is something that should have been sorted out sooner rather then do it when they have won the lottery, no matter how much i hate clubs that win the lottery.

I'm not trying to rub anyone up the wrong way, I honestly believe this is the right decision, Monaco is not France, this is a national law not a sporting competition rule.

[video=youtube;obFHu7DCsEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obFHu7DCsEs[/video]

[video=youtube;obFHu7DCsEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obFHu7DCsEs[/video]

:lol:

Yep, they're not in France. In which case, Monaco should play in the Monacon league and they can pay the taxes that all the other teams there pay.

France should not be dictating tax policy to other countries but clubs should not be benefiting from being allowed to play in France while not adhering to the same rules every other club has to.

If a club moved into Monaco to gain this benefit that would be another matter, but Monaco have been in the league for years and haven't manipulated their way into this situation.

If the French league are not happy with this then they should throw them out.

There is never a true level playing field anyway, look at the premier league, we have a massive advantage other hull for example as we are in London, and more importantly, not in hull.

There's still a chance that Monaco will be expelled from the league at the end of the season if they don't register themselves in France for tax purposes, as per the LFP's demands. I can imagine PSG in particular furiously pushing for it should Rybolev refuse to register Monaco by May 2014, as they stand to lose the most from an oligarch-owned club paying the same wages and fees they do but without spending as much overall because of the differing tax rates.

It is fun to see super-rich clubs turning on each other, though. Oil-rich sheikhs with dubious human rights records against shady Russian oligarchs who made billions looting the collapsing corpse of the Soviet Union. Modern football, yay! :p

If a club moved into Monaco to gain this benefit that would be another matter, but Monaco have been in the league for years and haven't manipulated their way into this situation.

If the French league are not happy with this then they should throw them out.

There is never a true level playing field anyway, look at the premier league, we have a massive advantage other hull for example as we are in London, and more importantly, not in hull.

They're going to be the UK's next City of Culture in 2017, don't you know. :)

Monaco would argue that it happens all the time in the Champion's League. Why would the French be any different than the Champion's League.

I'm not trying to rub anyone up the wrong way, I honestly believe this is the right decision, Monaco is not France, this is a national law not a sporting competition rule.

I agree - people need to realise that this is a legal issue and not a sporting one. There is somewhat a thin line but it is a fairly clear line... Monaco is in the French League so what? Dont think the law cares.

ps - 75% is ****in ridiculous.

I agree - people need to realise that this is a legal issue and not a sporting one. There is somewhat a thin line but it is a fairly clear line... Monaco is in the French League so what? Dont think the law cares.

ps - 75% is ****in ridiculous.

Its on all income over 1million euros which is fair enough.

Its on all income over 1million euros which is fair enough.

No way is it fair enough but I suppose ill never earn that 1m euro a year to worry me. Its another subject, and maybe im in the minority, but I think its extortionate really.

Back