• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Re: Modric Revisited.

Got a feeling if we finish outside of the top 4 AVB will be sacked. If we get Moutinho in Jan i could see us having a good end to the season.

During Harry's reign we played 25 times without Modric and averaged 1.72 ppg. With him we averaged 1.77 ppg. There is a difference, but it's only worth about 2 points per season. As the squad improved over the years we actually became less dependent on him. In the last 2 seasons we played 8 times without him and won 6.

He was our best player, but he didn't carry us. He wasn't anywhere as significant as RVP was for Arsenal for example. We lost our best player, but so did our biggest rival.

Got a feeling if we finish outside of the top 4 AVB will be sacked. If we get Moutinho in Jan i could see us having a good end to the season.

then Levy may as well walk out too. Im one who has some doubts about AVB, but still i understand that he has to be given time to build something at Spurs. This summer we lost 3 important big players in King, Modric and VDV and it will take the club time to get over this especially as the replacements brought in are either young or inexperienced in english football.

Who changed the thread title?!

I picked it meerly for repetition and because it had a good ring to it. Not because i hold any malice for him, and if you actually READ my first post you'll see that.

Jesus christ, people (and the mod who changed it) on the forum need to lighten up a little. Its turning into nazi germany on this forum

I think selling an important player is always a setback. But not buying his replacement is even bigger setback. We should have bought Moutinho who is Modric's proper replacement. If we are still struggling by January, not sure how we can convince Moutinho to sign for us.

I don't understand how Moutinho is a proper Modric replacement, have you ever seen him play, he is nothing like Modric

Nothing like Modric? It's probably lazy to say they're the same but there's not a massive deal of difference between them. Both are small dynamic players, both play from a deeper position, both intelligent users of the ball. Modric can dribble well and has the greater ability overall but perhaps Moutinho's superior defensive game along with having ability on the ball would serve a better balance.

I wonder why Hossam Ghaly never got the same benefit of the doubt from the fans. Seems to be all down to ability.

I thought the treatment of Ghaly was terrible. He was more than owed a petulant act after having his teeth knocked out for the cause.

Not from me, I blame the fans for what happened to Ghaly. All in all he was a pretty tidy player.

Hoddle was a Spurs player LONG before Modric was... there will be others!

Tottenham's midfield doesn't begin and end with Luka Modric (although it did for a few years, granted!)

Time to move on... he ain't coming back... until we draw Real Madrid in NEXT year's Champions League!!

Good luck to him, as someone earlier said, and it's been said a million times, it's not black and white

- As long as we are not title/CL winners with some regularity and don't pay top wages, players will be attracted by 2X wages and medals
- The not black and white also has to do with Levy's approach, if Madrid/Manure had come in and offered exactly what Levy wanted early in those summer windows people would have different opinions, they didn't, it was long drawn out deals, not the players fault.
- The hypocrisy of saying brick about Berbs/Keane/Modric vs. an absolute prick like Carrick astounds me. Carrick left as big a hole in the team, and never fails to have some brick to say about tottenham years later, and was the least talented of the lot. Or Jurgen who used us twice ...

Players move on, being polite and saying the right brick is a minimum for the money and support they got. Luka was a genuine pleasure to watch play, we got decent money for him, good luck and I'll support the next guy in our colours.

Got a feeling AVB will be sacked before January, the new manager will have his own targets

We'd have to be in the bottom 3 for him to be sacked before January, he's here for the long haul.

Back