• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Mate...I'm not sure why Sheikh doesn't understand the simple human math behind what's going on. It is absolutely obvious what has happened, we all know it, and thus we all know Modric is part of it and not the whole piece of it...still, why let common sense get in the way of a good "hate" session...BTW, probably like yourself, I've always found it interesting to see so much vitriol leveled at other posters simply for having another perspective/opinion. I personally think it's fudging macaronic, but there we go eh?!!!

I can't say it's absolutely obvious, because then i'd be no better then the others who seem to be stuck in the dark ages, clinging to one single idea and not allowing it to evolve with any new information that is presented.

I am amused by the hate portrayed by some though, yes. At times it becomes impossible to discuss it with some people, because they seem to end up in a sort of 'na, na, na na na' that a child would become involved in.

How do AS have instant access to our manager and players? They have put out articles claiming interviews with AVB and RvdV. Or do they just invent stuff to do Real's bidding?

Damn you may have hit on the journalist's most hidden secret. Have you not heard the old phrase "flimflam baffles brains" it's the Fleet Street motto.

Damn you may have hit on the journalist's most hidden secret. have you not heard the ophrase "flimflam baffles brains" it's the Fleet Street motto.

They wouldn't just make up quotes. They might interpret them in their own way, or organise them in their own way to suit their own agenda.

However they wouldn't just make up quotes because they'd open themselves up to being sued and the like.

Right now, you can bet that Madrid's Perez has told his media boys to fan the flames, as well as telling Modric's people to sit tight and try to smoke out a cheaper deal...again, I repeat a speculation I made a couple pages back which no-one has picked up on...would it not be possible that Madrid might have said if they can force the move for, say, 27 mill as opposed to 35, then the player/his reps will get some of the difference saved in their pockets? Speculation of course!!!!!

I think that is standard operating procedure, especially for Madrid who have a habit of low balling their offers and using the press (although not for Ronaldo where the world record fee was something for their President to boast about).

As far as I can tell from the limited news we have, Modric hasn't handed in a formal transfer request. Players rarely do as they often get "loyalty bonuses" and cuts of any transfer if they haven't formally demanded it. So as things stand Spurs would pay Modric his annual loyalty bonus and he gets a cut of a transfer because we sold him without his request. Which is a bit of a sick joke.

I think we can safely assume that Modric will get a better deal if Madrid pay us less. Whether its actually discussed or not, the agents know the game and you can rely on them to bring it up when they make a final deal on signing bonuses and wages.

one thing is certain, as he keeps proving, Daniel will win

Spot on.

I was gutted when Carrick and Berbs left but personally couldn't give a brick about Modric and all I care about is that we get a good price.
He's a great player, but if he wants to go then go, this team is on the verge of great things with or without him.

Has all this Modric stuff been confirmed? Is he still the innocent victim of his evil Manager? Apparently last season Modric's behaviour was Harry's fault (or to some people it never happened at all and Harry made the whole thing up), is he still to blame this time around or will AVB carry the can?

:yawn:

Agreed. I suppose AVB has shown his age there!!!!!! HOPEFULLY he has learnt his lesson, but yes, agreed, he needs to not get caught like that...

Journos have good relationships with managers......AVB's mistake was to trust this cretion, though it seems it isn't an issue here.

How do AS have instant access to our manager and players? They have put out articles claiming interviews with AVB and RvdV. Or do they just invent stuff to do Real's bidding?

Yes.

They are the media arm of Real Madrid, that's not even debatable.

I am still here.

I just don't participate in discussions when they turn into petty flame wars.

If anyone here wants to declare that they were/are/will be "right", feel free to bang your chest, but you have completely misjudged my posts if you want to aim those at me.

Now, I am sure certain posters wants me to bend over and surrender to their allmighty wisdom, but if they actually read my posts without being blinded by the standard poster-rage they would actually understand what they were about. Alas, that is not the case.

IBF "lololol, get down of your high horse, whine whine whine"

Andre Villas-Boas has blasted Spurs midfielder Luka Modric for his behaviour during his protracted transfer to Real Madrid but Modric’s teammate Rafael van der Vaart has said the possibility of a move to Real is a dream that his friend should be allowed to turn it into reality.

Yesterday, Villas-Boas criticised Modric for deciding not to travel with the Spurs squad to the USA for their pre-season tour. The Croatian is desperate for a move to Real Madrid but Tottenham are holding out until they receive £40million from the Spanish champions.

However, Van der Vaart understands the reasons behind Modric’s decision to dig his heels in over a transfer and insists any player courted by Real Madrid would behave in a similar fashion. The Dutchman moved from Hamburg to the Bernabeu in 2008 and says the opportunity to play for Real Madrid is too big to turn down.

"You can't compare Real Madrid with other teams because they are the biggest team in the world," Van der Vaart told Sky Sports News.

"It was really an honour that I played there and I'm still really thankful.

"I think every player wants to play there."

Van der Vaart has said he is one of Modric’s closest friends and hopes the playmaker is allowed to complete his transfer amicably for the sake of both Tottenham and the player.

"I went to Luka's house and spoke to him after training. I told him what happened to me when I wanted to sign for Real [from Hamburg]," Van der Vaart said in AS.

"I've been one of the closest people to Modric in the dressing room and I feel for him. It is a difficult situation.

"The chairman is angry, but Luka is very upset with what is happening. I think everything will be fixed in three or four days."

http://www.sport360.com/article/van-der-vaart-supports-tottenham-teammate-modric

It looks to me as if the first 3 VDV quotes are from when he moved to RM, the next 3 are talking about what is going on now, add the two sets of quotes together in the news article and you have VDV advising us that Modric should leave, without the first 3 quotes it just says he spoke to Modric and that he is finding thew situation difficult.

No quotes from Modric. Again, he has been poorly advised. Greed is a powerful drug for all concerned on the Madrid/Modric side of things...

Nothing to do with the Bosnian Mafia Boss who cuts peoples heads off this time around then....? Where did he dissapear to in the end? lol

Wow, lot of people on TMK's back. Then smarmily congratulating each other about it. Like some teenage tossfest.
Some good posters there too, all very strange, guess the prospect of losing a class player is having an impact.
thfcsteff one of my absolute favourite posters but wittering on about poor Luka and his nasty uncle is comical stuff.
The guy wants to leave, hes being a bit of a dingdong to achieve that - no big deal, someone else will wear his shirt and we can all get on with watching Spurs again.

Wow, lot of people on TMK's back. Then smarmily congratulating each other about it. Like some teenage tossfest.
Some good posters there too, all very strange, guess the prospect of losing a class player is having an impact.
thfcsteff one of my absolute favourite posters but wittering on about poor Luka and his nasty uncle is comical stuff.
The guy wants to leave, hes being a bit of a dingdong to achieve that - no big deal, someone else will wear his shirt and we can all get on with watching Spurs again.

You've missed the point somewhat. Nobody has said Luka is blameless. What they have said is that it's a personal opinion how much you think his agent is involved with this, and that it's pretty much impossible to actually determine.

Nothing to do with the Bosnian Mafia Boss who cuts peoples heads off this time around then....? Where did he dissapear to in the end? lol

Never heard that one lol don't suprise me though some of the 'rumours' you hear over the years are comical. Who was the player with bad injury record one season and quite a few were saying he'd been kneecapped in a club or some brick lol

Back