• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

I will accept that in certain cases, the agent may be the instigator in trying to engineer a move for his player, but I'm not having that players are completely blameless.

Absolutely, Ill never understand or agree with this notion that Modric is some blameless pawn in these issues.

He might be naive, he may be flat out stupid - but HE is the one with the power and HE is the one taking these actions.

Nothing to do with the Bosnian Mafia Boss who cuts peoples heads off this time around then....? Where did he dissapear to in the end? lol

Laugh as you might, Mamic is absolutely in the thick of it, yes, I am personally convinced of that fact. Oh how I'd LOVE to be proven wrong, as perhaps Luka Modric would be part of a side about to storm silverware as opposed to a rather dim little fellow who's head's been Linda Blaired numerous times in the past 18-24 months...

Wow, lot of people on TMK's back. Then smarmily congratulating each other about it. Like some teenage tossfest.
Some good posters there too, all very strange, guess the prospect of losing a class player is having an impact.
thfcsteff one of my absolute favourite posters but wittering on about poor Luka and his nasty uncle is comical stuff.
The guy wants to leave, hes being a bit of a dingdong to achieve that - no big deal, someone else will wear his shirt and we can all get on with watching Spurs again.

In fairness mate, I was also withering on about it last summer, so at least I'm a consistent wittier when I wittier (and i don't twitter!)...

With regards to the second part of the last sentence, yes. That's the long and short of it.

Never heard that one lol don't suprise me though some of the 'rumours' you hear over the years are comical. Who was the player with bad injury record one season and quite a few were saying he'd been kneecapped in a club or some brick lol

Not directly at you mate, just for you AND anyone else who believes that Luka Modric controls 100% of his situation...

From 2007

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/oct/03/europeanfootball.sport

Another link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmy3B2hpppI

Oh, and try this for size..."like a son to me..."

http://www.mtnfootball.com/europe/l...president-admits-mourinho-modric-contact.html

I can find many more links if you'd like. For all those who think that Madrid and Mamic are not working together to force this through...again, yes, I accept that Luka Modric is not an innocent and wants to go there BUT to think he is solely making decisions is naive. Look at the history between Modric, Mamic and Zagreb...this isn't like growing up in Richmond-Upon-Thames...

Thanks, but Im not back as such....just lurking and came across an incredible bit of memory loss regarding Steffs Goodfellas story about ex Bosnian war crime soldiers who had turned into mob bosses being the reason Modric went to the papers and said he wanted to join Chelsea.

Its good for him that GG has since imploded several times, as he can now deny saying anything of the sort, and his rather fanciful theory cannot be re-traced.

Sadly for you, I've re-posted links about Mamic. But instead of simply taking cheap shots at me Totman, why not also include ZG Spur? Or would he not know? Seriously, have an oinion, but please don't try to continue to
a) ridicule me/my perspective
b) tell people "what I'm going to deny"...

Why don't we agree to settle this down as functioning adults and move on, yeah?

Spursalot - what things could I make you do that you would not be at all responsible for? What decisions can I make that you will just act upon without any pause for thought?

How exactly do I set about making you my mindless puppet?

And Im naive for thinking people have free will!?

Spursalot - what things could I make you do that you would not be at all responsible for? What decisions can I make that you will just act upon without any pause for thought?

People have free will yes.

You seem to think that they are impervious to outside influences though. Which is naive.

No, I dont - and have never said as much - but I do think regardless of outside influence the ultimate responsibility for ones actions lies with oneself.

As opposed to Steffs argument that the poor little lamb doesnt even know what day of the week it is and its the evil men lurking in the shadows pulling all the strings...

Steff - simple question.

Who is responsible for Modrics actions? Who is the one who actually puts one foot in front of the other?

In my opinion?

The player was destabilized Xmas 2010 by an approach from Chelsea via his agent/long-time "influential" figure.
This destabilization continued, in earnest, to last summer, but which time the player was absolutely convinced he would be moving to Chelsea/a massive pile of dough/his agents were delighted because they stood to make a huge amount of money.
The player is, IMHO, consistently advised by his agents how to behave in these summers; I do not think it is in the nature of the player himself to "go on strike"...if it was, he wouldn't have played/been able to perform, last year. He is, IMHO, foolishly acting on advice.

I think today's quotes from Mamic with regards to regular contact from Madrid, and Madrid's intent to now try and lowball us having virtually agreed a deal, point very strongly to the fact that his reps/agents are telling him to "boycott", that "don't worry, it won't be like last summer...'

My personal feeling is that they still don't fully gauge where Levy is at right now.

Finally, to answer your question from my perspective, I do NOT believe that in this instance Modric is putting one foot in front of the other. I believe he is being told where to put his feet.

It is a disgraceful situation all round, and personally, I think scum like his reps should not be anywhere near our great fudging club. I remain entirely ambivalent about the player himself, as his performances have always spoken for him, and were he forced to stay again, I think again he would play very very well.

On wider note, I'll make a personal appeal to this board. Disagree with me, have a laugh, that's all good. But don't try and ridicule my opinion. It's rude and ignorant, and I come here to DISCUSS things, not be ridiculed by smuggies.

No, I dont - but I do think regardless of outside influence the ultimate responsibility for ones actions lies with oneself.

As opposed to Steffs argument that the poor little lamb doesnt even know what day of the week it is and its the evil men lurking in the shadows pulling all the strings...

Well he has as much proof for his view as you do for yours.

So both of them are currently equally valid. I've never said anything else.

As for the first line i think we're about to enter a philosophical debate that would go on for years. So i'm going to pass on answering that, merely say i disagree.

the people surrounding Modric may be big time controlling gangsters, but they arent very intelligent are they

i mean, they allowed Modric to sign a 6 year contract with Spurs for 40k a week =D> :lol:

This could become a very long and off-topic conversation...you have heard of conditions such as Stockholm Syndrome, right? Obviously I'm not applying that to a very wealthy premiership footballer, but what I am saying is there are things about long-term relationships that can defy both freewill and logic.

Let me ask you; do YOU think Carlos Tevez expected to sit 5 months of the season out? Do you think he, and he alone, made the decisions he made last season? Do you think Joorchabian was uninvolved?

the people surrounding Modric may be big time controlling gangsters, but they arent very intelligent are they

i mean, they allowed Modric to sign a 6 year contract with Spurs for 40k a week =D> :lol:

Indeed, a pathetic move which was somewhat accelerated by Levy showing up on their doorstep...but I'm sure they looked at Berbatov and figured they could easily force the move whenever they wanted...let's be honest, the man who changed here in the last 24 months was Daniel Levy. A lot of people on this fudging message board thought he would fold last summer!

Look, I don't really give a brick.Everyone, go ahead, hate the player solely if you want. It's like just hating a single political figurehead behind a war. if you wish to ignore the other deeper, more complicit parties, good for you.
I'd rather not.

this is exactly what they want from us, to cave in and give them what they want - to accept a lower bid than what we are prepared to sell for because he's kicking up a fuss - i wonder if people can see they are playing right in to their hands and i hope our chairman has more resolve than some of the posters on here. the same thing happened last summer - so many people saying they'd had enough, wanting to give up and get rid - personally last summer didn't bother me too much because i paid little attention after Levy came out and said he was staying and this summer again it won't bother me too much because i know we will do what is best for us - ie NOT cave in and to stick to our guns - either get what we want in terms of a fee so we can get a replacement or reject their attempts at causing unrest and we get to hang on to a world class player for another season - basically a the odds are stacked in our favor and it's a 'win win situation'

Id advice some of you to pay a little less attention to what is going on in the media with regards to the deal and you may find the transfer window a little easier to bare !

Last edited:
Indeed, a pathetic move which was somewhat accelerated by Levy showing up on their doorstep...but I'm sure they looked at Berbatov and figured they could easily force the move whenever they wanted...let's be honest, the man who changed here in the last 24 months was Daniel Levy. A lot of people on this fudging message board thought he would fold last summer!

Look, I don't really give a brick.Everyone, go ahead, hate the player solely if you want. It's like just hating a single political figurehead behind a war. if you wish to ignore the other deeper, more complicit parties, good for you.
I'd rather not.

It's indicative of what goes on in modern football. I personally don't feel any anger towards Modric, it's not like he is going to a close rival. His agents are no doubt pulling the strings. The only way to get a big pay out for them is a signing on fee

this is exactly what they want from us, to cave in and give them what they want - to accept a lower bid than what we are prepared to sell for because he's kicking up a fuss - i wonder if people can see they are playing right in to their hands and i hope our chairman has more resolve than some of the posters on here. the same thing happened last summer - so many people saying they'd had enough, wanting to give up and get rid - personally last summer didn't bother me too much because i paid little attention after Levy came out and said he was staying and this summer again it won't bother me too much because i know we will do what is best for us - ie NOT cave in and to stick to our guns - either get what we want in terms of a fee so we can get a replacement or reject their attempts and causing unrest and we get to hang on to a world class player for another season.

Id advice some of you to pay a little less attention to what is going on in the media with regards to the deal and you may find the transfer window a little easier to bare !

In Levy I Trust. Good post...ditto Clownfoot's...

Back