• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

If we're adamant that we're not going to sell him to another Premier League club, the only real options at the asking price are PSG and Real Madrid. Can't see Modric wanting to go to France, so it's down to Real. There have been noises about them looking elsewhere, so it could very well be that he ends up staying.

we could potentially bring in Sigurdsson Vertognhen and Oscar for what we sell Modric for

Problem is, Sig and Oscar play in the same position and it's not Modric's position.

We need a direct replacement for Modric - a deeper sitting ball retainer/player - a Xavi. As I said, any of Moutinho, Sahin or Cabaye will do.

If we're adamant that we're not going to sell him to another Premier League club, the only real options at the asking price are PSG and Real Madrid. Can't see Modric wanting to go to France, so it's down to Real. There have been noises about them looking elsewhere, so it could very well be that he ends up staying.

I can see Moutinho going to Madrid. It makes much more sense than Modric going there.

Personally what I think is happening is Levy is managing it better this time. Its pretty much out there that he can go for 50m. I'm sure Levy has told Modrid's agent that if he can convince a club to pay the money he can go. There's a lot less for Modric to get upset about compared to last summer.

Can't decide if Modric/his agents silence so far is because:

A - a deal is being discussed already with another club

B - he's happy to stay on, is impressed by the way the club is attempting to push on

C - Levy is holding his mother hostage in the East Stand gantry

Last year it was only Chelsea chasing him and they didn't offer enough cash?

I think it depends who bids for him. Surely he'll be aware he's not going anywhere unless we get a serious bid so hopefully he'll STFU.

Absolutely this in my view.

Also as exciting as the thought of getting Moutinho is (whether it is completely unrealistic or not), first choice would still be Modric and no Moutinho for me

Absolutely this in my view.

Also as exciting as the thought of getting Moutinho is (whether it is completely unrealistic or not), first choice would still be Modric and no Moutinho for me

Moutinho + cash or modric would be the option.

Edit: But i guess everyone would have their own tipping point for the cash amount..

What makes any of you think AVB rates Moutinho?

He could've EASILY signed him for Chelsea for only about £10m a year ago, yet decided not to.

hope not although it seems so. whos gonna replace him? he held his own against the spanish midfield ffs. praying he stays.

At the moment I;m inclined to say take the money and run, but only if that money is coming from a foreign club. Wouldnt want him playing against us in the Prem, his new club will blatantly start teaching him how to shoot!

maybe Abromivich said no as he wanted Modric instead?

So, there's absolutely no indication whatsoever that AVB rates Moutinho - let alone made him a transfer target for Chelsea - yet, because suddenly Moutinho is flavour of the month well......................let's just invent the idea that he was; that AVB rates him big time, and that it was only Roman Abramovitch who stopped him from signing him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What makes any of you think AVB rates Moutinho?

He could've EASILY signed him for Chelsea for only about £10m a year ago, yet decided not to.

He had no say in the players coming in at Chelsea.
What makes everyone thing he rates him is that there was no reports of us being interested in him before. Its only since AVB agreed to take the job on the 21st that we've been interested in him.

if modric was to leave, which hope he doesnt. would you rather he went to chelski or city for 35M or sold foriegn i.e madrid for less money, maybe only 30m. the thought of having to see him week in week out for chelski would make me sick and would rather lose some money to sell foriegn? always wondered people thoughts on this kind of scenario

if modric was to leave, which hope he doesnt. would you rather he went to chelski or city for 35M or sold foriegn i.e madrid for less money, maybe only 30m. the thought of having to see him week in week out for chelski would make me sick and would rather lose some money to sell foriegn? always wondered people thoughts on this kind of scenario

You need to up your numbers. Chelsea's offer of 40m was turned down last summer.

Back