• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Just wanted to say that after watching our midfield performance against Valencia I struggle to put into words just how much I miss Luka Modric.

It's obvious we miss him no denying. He gives us that attacking option from centre midfield that we just don't have. If he leaves we need someone similar that's for sure. Sandro and Parker won't work IMO.

The dilemma is that if he is going to go then we needed it done quickly to get a top class replacement in (assuming Levy will spend the money and recognise top dollar for modric would likely inflate prices of potential replacements) yet at the same time Modric is established as one of our most important players. He is genuine world-class and a player who has graced the lane. We are not yet at the level where world-class players are the norm! Unfortunately with a week to go we are in the worst possible situation, and I for one did not think Levy would allow this debacle to unfold considering the 'new direction' he decided to take by sacking harry.

Tottenham rebel Luka Modric is training in isolation at the club's Essex HQ as Andre Villas-Boas prepares for life without his want-away midfielder.

The Croatia international is working towards the new season on his own at the club's Spurs Lodge base, away from the rest of the first team squad.

Despite the fact Modric's proposed move to Real Madrid is far from complete, the influential midfielder is not figuring in the club's pre-season programme, instead going through his own personal training regime

The decision to keep Modric away from first-team matters is further evidence manager Villas-Boas does not expect the 26-year-old to be at White Hart Lane before the start of the season. And it is not the first time the Portuguese has axed players from his first team plans for reasons he views are of benefit to his club.

Nicolas Anelka and Alex were both forced to train away from Chelsea's first team squad last season after the pair submitted transfer requests.
And the new Spurs manager has taken a similar stance with the latest player under his jurisdiction who has made it clear they want to leave.

Chairman Daniel Levy has rejected offers for Modric from Real — the latest being £30million plus £8m in add-ons.

Levy has set a £40m asking price and will not accept a penny under that mark, while the Spurs supremo is also unhappy with the structure of Madrid's previous offer.

Discussions between both clubs are on-going but the Spanish side are currently unwilling to budge on their latest bid, placing considerable doubt over the transfer given Levy's tough stance.

Spurs' resolve to recoup £40million for a player they signed for £16.5million from Dinamo Zagreb four years ago has been strengthened by Modric's recent training boycott.

The Croat failed to turn up to two pre-season training sessions and also skipped the club's tour of the US, infuriating the Tottenham hierarchy in the process.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...make-Luka-Modric-train-own.html#ixzz237n8rUDZ

The dilemma is that if he is going to go then we needed it done quickly to get a top class replacement in (assuming Levy will spend the money and recognise top dollar for modric would likely inflate prices of potential replacements) yet at the same time Modric is established as one of our most important players. He is genuine world-class and a player who has graced the lane. We are not yet at the level where world-class players are the norm! Unfortunately with a week to go we are in the worst possible situation, and I for one did not think Levy would allow this debacle to unfold considering the 'new direction' he decided to take by sacking harry.

What debacle? You can't make someone pay what you ask, you set a fair price for a player, if they pay it they pay it, if they don't he stays. I'd be livid if Levy accepted the 27m bid Real have been offering just to get it done early !

There's a lot of melodrama going on here !

edit: the 27m is the amount they were offering until recently, by the looks of the posts on this thread a lot would have accepted it just to get it done early.

Last edited:
edit: the 27m is the amount they were offering until recently, by the looks of the posts on this thread a lot would have accepted it just to get it done early.

Maybe im being cynical but id wager those same posters would have been first in line to slag Levy off had he let Modric go a month back for that price

Wish we'd put a deadline of this week on it. If we get an offer that meets our valuation - do the deal. If not, we carry on.

We can't keep doing business on our best players late into the transfer window.

More likely they are the ones slagging Levy off for not spending big on players.

its not about spending big, its about spending smart.....we cant afford big transfers so we shouldnt even waste our time. But there has to be an idea, a plan to strengthen the squad

as we have seen with Sigurdsson and Vertonghen, there is good value out there in the market. Saudi Sportswashing Machine showed it with Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba, other clubs have spent wisely.

I really hope we are not wasting our time chasing Moutinho as a Modric replacement. With the Modric money we could be 2 or 3 central midfielders and in fact thats what we need to do because as you can see, take away Modric and Parker and there isnt much left (Sandro still has much to prove and Thudd is nowwhere near fit or reliable because of his ankle probs)

Dembele has been mentioned, 10-15 mill is his value. Bargain. Sahin on loan is a possibility. A lad called Benat at Real Betis is available for around 10 mill and he is starting to make a name for himself. There are others out there

look how well Saudi Sportswashing Machine did with the Andy Carroll money. That 35 mill strengthened quite a few areas. This is what we need to do

its not about spending big, its about spending smart.....we cant afford big transfers so we shouldnt even waste our time. But there has to be an idea, a plan to strengthen the squad

as we have seen with Sigurdsson and Vertonghen, there is good value out there in the market. Saudi Sportswashing Machine showed it with Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba, other clubs have spent wisely.

I really hope we are not wasting our time chasing Moutinho as a Modric replacement. With the Modric money we could be 2 or 3 central midfielders and in fact thats what we need to do because as you can see, take away Modric and Parker and there isnt much left (Sandro still has much to prove and Thudd is nowwhere near fit or reliable because of his ankle probs)

Dembele has been mentioned, 10-15 mill is his value. Bargain. Sahin on loan is a possibility. A lad called Benat at Real Betis is available for around 10 mill and he is starting to make a name for himself. There are others out there

look how well Saudi Sportswashing Machine did with the Andy Carroll money. That 35 mill strengthened quite a few areas. This is what we need to do

I agree fully that this is what we should do. Buy smart.

Although I rate Sandro a bit higher than you.

Sandro is still young, still adapting, and hasnt had a full season in the Premiership where he is starting week in week out. I rate his talent, but im talking more in terms of consistency which is yet to be properly tested.

Sandro is still young, still adapting, and hasnt had a full season in the Premiership where he is starting week in week out. I rate his talent, but im talking more in terms of consistency which is yet to be properly tested.

I feel confident that he will deliver :) However, he needs the right player next to him, no Parker, Jenas or Livermore please. He needs someone more creative.

I feel confident that he will deliver :) However, he needs the right player next to him, no Parker, Jenas or Livermore please. He needs someone more creative.

The right player beside him is Modric and I'm beginning to think that we're not going to sell him and maybe never intended to, or at least made it as difficult as possible. If RM offered 40mil I can imagine Levy would have said 40mil plus add ons. And then if they agreed to that its 40mil + add ons + a 25% sell on fee + and first dibs on your players + your first born man child and any other amount of nonsense to stop a deal.

I still think the Ade deal will happen too. The cost in wages to City to have Ade on their books is close to 8 mil and even on loan with subsidised wages is probably not far off 5 mil. Far better to get shot of him even if they have to take a hit on the transfer fee. Last day of the window for this one.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7979240

Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas has insisted that playmaker Luka Modric will not be sold unless they receive a 'suitable offer'.

Modric has been linked with a move out of White Hart Lane all summer, with Real Madrid keen on the Croatia international.

However, nothing concrete has emerged yet, with Spurs demanding £40million for the 26-year-old.

And Villas-Boas has continued to maintain the club's stance over the transfer fee.

"He (Modric) is training alone because we decided to do that until his mental state is ready to return to the team," explained the Portuguese.

Respect

"It is important that, in the coming days, he understands he must return to the first team.

"We respect the player's ambition, but he must also respect the club.

"Until we receive a suitable offer for the player, he will not go.

"The contacts we have had with other clubs have not met with what Tottenham wants for the player.

"We respect the size of Madrid and the other interested clubs, but they must respect what we are doing too."

Tottenham will begin their 2012/13 Premier League campaign with an away game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday, 18th August.

Back