• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Wrong thread.

So...I think he will still leave as I don't think it was AVB or even mere participation in the CL which was driving him and his agent last summer. But we'll see.

I think he's integral to how we play but our style of play can be changed to accommodate a worse player but with an overall equally or more effective team. It will be up to AVB to do this.

A lot of reports suggesting Modric is on his way to Madrid. Sahin has been rumoured as a possible sweetner in the deal, but he wants to stay. Do we really want to exchange one player for another who doesn't want to be here?

i just posted this in the transfer thread, but il stick it here too

If Modric leaves, and we cant persuade Oscar, then how about Benat from Real Betis.

playmaker, can tackle, can press, can take free kicks, 25 years old, probably can be bought for around 15 mill, whats not to like

[video=youtube;FF_bqmggbz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_bqmggbz0[/video]

Nice video. Haven't seen him play myself, but looks fairly talented. I would think Borja Valero would be worth a shout as a cheaper option if it we can't find a top class player, could be available cheapish since Villarreal got relegated and he looks a good player to me.

i just posted this in the transfer thread, but il stick it here too

If Modric leaves, and we cant persuade Oscar, then how about Benat from Real Betis.

playmaker, can tackle, can press, can take free kicks, 25 years old, probably can be bought for around 15 mill, whats not to like

[video=youtube;FF_bqmggbz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_bqmggbz0[/video]

If we are looking for a Modric clone (and we don't have to, as many posters have pointed out), then we need a playmaker that has the ability to play the breathtaking through ball as well as having the close control/pass spraying skills. From this video Benat looks to have the latter, but not the first.

But as said, we might not need it, depending on how we set up.

I think AVB has done his due diligence, and I can see us pushing the Oscar move along very quickly unless he decides he wants Moutinho. Could we buy both? That'd be big. I'm excited at the look of Oscar, he has the nails to work in the Prem IMHO...

if Modric goes, I hope we get something else not a clone. above all i hope to see AVB piece together a midfield and more broadly a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. redknapp got the most out of individuals, but i never felt he got the most out of the team.

Last edited:
if Modric does go I'd really hope we get Sahin in return to add to Gylfi, and then went in for Oscar and Dzagoev (sp?).

that should be our midfield for the present and future, sorted for probably a little less than what we receive for the sale of Modric.

so in other words,

Oscar (20), Sahin (23), Gylfi (22), Dzagoev (22)* > Modric

*as long as we can get them all with the cash from the sale of Modric... And it might just happen; Oscar has been rumoured for around 8m, Sahin included in the Modric deal, Gylfi for 8m?(not exactly sure what we payed for him), and Dzagoev for 10-12m?, looks doable for a total around 28m

if Modric does go I'd really hope we get Sahin in return to add to Gylfi, and then went in for Oscar and Dzagoev (sp?).

that should be our midfield for the present and future, sorted for probably a little less than what we receive for the sale of Modric.

so in other words,

*as long as we can get them all with the cash from the sale of Modric... And it might just happen; Oscar has been rumoured for around 8m, Sahin included in the Modric deal, Gylfi for 8m?(not exactly sure what we payed for him), and Dzagoev for 10-12m?, looks doable for a total around 28m

so how does our starting 11 shape up then ? and which of our players will be happy being on he bench?

so in other words,

One too many if you ask me, especially when you add Sandro, Parker, Thudd, Livermore & VDV in to the mix.

I'd be happy with just Gylfi and Sahin from that group. Although if Oscar is as good as he's made out to be then I'd have him if Sahin deal doesn't happen.

If Modric leaves,I would prefer us to play Huddlestone in his position,he has proven himself on numerous ocassion as a very good CM.

#

you could say that bout anyone we buy

Sure, if they have been injured for the past year i could say that about the players we buy.

Edit: I am extremely doubtful we would buy anyone who had just been injured for the amount of time Huddlestone was.

Last edited:
Huddlestone as a starter? the guys lucky he's English otherwise his ass should be loaned out to Southampton or something.

so how does our starting 11 shape up then ? and which of our players will be happy being on he bench?

If we were to bring in those 4, I'd have a midfield 3 of:

Sahin ...... Sandro ....... Siggy

with Dzagoev used as a sub for Sig and Oscar a sub for Sahin.

if we could only get 3 of the 4 i'd leave out Dzagoev. Just knew we have been linked to him and could be another good young option for a ACM role

mjc23
One too many if you ask me, especially when you add Sandro, Parker, Thudd, Livermore & VDV in to the mix.

I'd be happy with just Gylfi and Sahin from that group. Although if Oscar is as good as he's made out to be then I'd have him if Sahin deal doesn't happen.

IMO Sandro, Parker, and Livermore are all in competition for one spot (holding cm if we're going 4-3-3). Not sure what Hudd's role will be with Villas-Boas, and VDV has proven he doesn't have the legs to run for a full 90 mins so really we're looking at needing a like for like sub/replacement for him anyways.

Sahin and Oscar competing for the playmaking CM position would give us some incredible options that not many other teams have. Even better is the fact that atleast 3 can be had for the price of Modric (who's bound to go anyways) and their potential sell-on values could one day be equal to if not greater than that of Modric.

If we were to bring in those 4, I'd have a midfield 3 of:

Sahin ...... Sandro ....... Siggy

with Dzagoev used as a sub for Sig and Oscar a sub for Sahin.

if we could only get 3 of the 4 i'd leave out Dzagoev. Just knew we have been linked to him and could be another good young option for a ACM role

IMO Sandro, Parker, and Livermore are all in competition for one spot (holding cm if we're going 4-3-3). Not sure what Hudd's role will be with Villas-Boas, and VDV has proven he doesn't have the legs to run for a full 90 mins so really we're looking at needing a like for like sub/replacement for him anyways.

Sahin and Oscar competing for the playmaking CM position would give us some incredible options that not many other teams have. Even better is the fact that atleast 3 can be had for the price of Modric (who's bound to go anyways) and their potential sell-on values could one day be equal to if not greater than that of Modric.

Sounds like a lot of options. Dzagoev and Oscar as subs and we're not even in the CL, I struggle to see us having those two on the bench when everyone are fit.

I prefer thinking about this kind of stuff in terms of a 4-2-3-1, just becomes a bit easier for me. Our current options then are:

Central midfield duo: Modric, Hudd, Sandro, Parker and Livermore.
-I can't see how we need any more options here. If we do sell for example Modric though we should bring someone in.

Attacking midfield trio: Bale, Sigurdsson, VdV, Lennon (ignoring Gio and Pienaar who both are likely gone).
-One more would probably be better, would give us 5 players for those 3 positions. If we sell VdV like the rumours have it then maybe we could bring in two more.

Back