• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

Romney was right about China devaluing its own currency, but large US-based corporations like Apple benefit from that because of cheaper labor abroad, thus giving Americans cheaper products.
This is the biggest problem. We expect cheap brick and throw it away 6 months later.

He also claimed he wanted to add more teachers to the workforce in the first debate. Which is something that he actually doesn't want to do.

I always say all politicians are liars, but Romney is exceptional in the arts of anal-ventriloquism.

It was yet another telling point, the China stuff. Only a total macaron would make the statement Romney did with regards to China. Obviously it's hurt the US economy/employment market badly, and that is frankly because the majority of people were to stupid to understand what was going on 20-odd years ago and simply embraced being able to get their "stuff cheaper"...nobody even touched on Saipan and other such territories, which are a huge disgrace as they utilize cheap labor whilst being able to say 'made in the US"...what a total joke! Romney wouldn't even start to 'get tough' on China, he's an absolute bare-faced liar on this front. China, unfortunately, has the US in it's pocket right now, so quite how anyone could 'get tough' on them even if they wanted to without making a GRADUAL move in such a direction is completely beyond me.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-17/romney-quest-haunted-by-george-w-bush.html

Says how Romney has failed to seperate himself from the least popular President in recent history.. I think the person that asked the question is how a lot of undecided voters feel, also why Romney hasn't done enough to win them over.

I quite like the closing sentence...
We do need new thinking. But Romney isn’t offering any. His problem isn’t that the public is unfairly judging him by Bush’s policies. It’s that they’re fairly judging him by Bush’s policies.

Last edited:
You've also got to bear in mind that his key policies of reducing the deficit, reducing the cost of medicare, and increasing jobs are secret.

His only clear policies are to repeal the medical reforms based on his own Massachusetts reform, ban gay marriage, keep automatic weapons on the street, and tell China how bad they are.

You've also got to consider that he was by far the most credible candidate competing for the Republican nomination.

You've also got to bear in mind that his key policies of reducing the deficit, reducing the cost of medicare, and increasing jobs are secret.

His only clear policies are to repeal the medical reforms based on his own Massachusetts reform, ban gay marriage, keep automatic weapons on the street, and tell China how bad they are.

You've also got to consider that he was by far the most credible candidate competing for the Republican nomination.

I think Ron Paul was more "credible", but he was also kind of batbrick. But he sticks to his guns and has a fairly straightforward libertarian agenda (decriminalize drugs, reduce defense spending which I agree with).

But most of them were jokes, no doubt. Herman Cain? He's in the same boat as Sarah Palin. Same with Trump. Santorum.... that's the first thing that comes up in google.

For Gingrich, I think many Republican primary voters realized what a huge asshole he is. Romney's success probably stemmed from the way he was able to tell the primary voters that he's in favor of whatever they believe, which is apparently the same strategy when it comes to the presidential debates.

"Teachers? Love 'em. Immigrants? Can't get enough of them. Women? Let me show you my binders."

I think Ron Paul was more "credible", but he was also kind of batbrick. But he sticks to his guns and has a fairly straightforward libertarian agenda (decriminalize drugs, reduce defense spending which I agree with).

But most of them were jokes, no doubt. Herman Cain? He's in the same boat as Sarah Palin. Same with Trump. Santorum.... that's the first thing that comes up in google.

For Gingrich, I think many Republican primary voters realized what a huge asshole he is. Romney's success probably stemmed from the way he was able to tell the primary voters that he's in favor of whatever they believe, which is apparently the same strategy when it comes to the presidential debates.

"Teachers? Love 'em. Immigrants? Can't get enough of them. Women? Let me show you my binders."

i'm a little bit disappointed we’re not gonna see a permanent US base on the moon, that could have ‎been fun

i'm a little bit disappointed we’re not gonna see a permanent US base on the moon, that could have ‎been fun

I forgot about that!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty huge geek who appreciates science (mmm, brains) so I would love to see NASA get more funding because I honestly believe it could be a catalyst for the next generation to have aspirations of something other than being on a brick reality TV show....
Wait a minute... reality TV show on the moon base where Gingrich looks for lunar love? The fun ends for everyone though when Newt sticks the old johnson out the escape hatch to let the vacuum of space do its thing.

ge3a8e2u.jpg

Good old republicans.

Gallup has a history of being an outlier. Even Rasmussen is only 2 points ahead for Romney. We'll see what Gallup says tomorrow.

I thought he had no chance?

It's complex......you can win the popular vote and lose the election, just ask Al Gore!!

The polls in the next few days will be key. after Obama's 'win' the other night there should be a tightening again.

If there isn't he could be toast.

BUT! There is a built in advantage on the electoral college count for the president.......if he wins Ohio, Penn and Virginia, plus maybe Nevada and Colorado, I don't see how Romney can win.

Given that he is still the betting underdog I had a flutter

It's complex......you can win the popular vote and lose the election, just ask Al Gore!!

The polls in the next few days will be key. after Obama's 'win' the other night there should be a tightening again.

If there isn't he could be toast.

BUT! There is a built in advantage on the electoral college count for the president.......if he wins Ohio, Penn and Virginia, plus maybe Nevada and Colorado, I don't see how Romney can win.

Given that he is still the betting underdog I had a flutter

Obama is projected not to get the popular vote, but he should have the electoral vote by a decent margin (knock on wood).

dingdongo, an outlier is a statistical term that references a data point within a set that varies wildly from the rest. For example, if I have this set=[5,6,4,5,7,4,3,4,5,23,2,7], one of those numbers is clearly different from the rest. It could just be statistical variability, but it could also be an error in data-collection. Regardless, it will throw off the average and median of that set and can be discarded or used in a weighted analysis. I sucked at stats so that's about the best answer I can muster.

Back