• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

Fair enough. The state electoral maps don't show the whole picture. Detailed maps with finer detail show that the cities are democrat, much like the UK where the cities are Labour, with the suburbs ebing the decider. However, for presidential politics, with the winner take all electoral college votes in nearly every state (except Nebraska?), the state maps are indicative, because the red states are more rural.

If you want a more interesting analysis, have a look at this article from 2008: http://www.americamagazine.org/content/article.cfm?article_id=11163

I like his analysis. Thanks or that.

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/29/mitt_romneys_unexamined_past/

545089_678368078035_689761508_n.jpg

What are Romney's political views again?

Mitt Romney's tax proposals include lowering marginal tax rates substantially, eliminating the alternative minimum tax (AMT) and maintaining all tax breaks for both investments and savings. More specifically, Mr. Romney proposes the following:

1.) An extension of the Bush-era tax cuts.
2.) A reduction of individual income tax rates by 20 percent.
3.) Elimination of taxation on investment income of most taxpayers including individuals earning less than $100,000 and couples earning less than $200,000
4.) Elimination of estate taxes.
5.) Reduction of the corporate tax rate.
6.) Repealing the alternative minimum tax and high-income taxes enacted in the health-reform legislation of 2010.
7.) Maintaining the provisions in the tax code that promote savings and investment. These include preferential rates on capital gains and dividends, exemption of income accrued in qualified retirement and other similar accounts, exemption of interest on state and local bonds and the exclusion of capital gains on home sales.

The authors suggest that these changes would reduce federal tax revenues by $456 billion in 2015, although the Republicans claim that by broadening the tax base and collapsing the income tax rates into two brackets (10 and 25 percent, a 20 percent drop in the top marginal rate), revenue will remain neutral.

I bet that you can't guess who would benefit the most from Mr. Romney's plan?

The authors' calculations show that taxpayers with incomes over $1 million would see their after-tax income increased by 8.3 percent with an average tax cut of about $175,000.

Taxpayers with incomes between $75,000 and $100,000 would see their incomes increase by a paltry 2.4 percent with an average tax cut of only $1,800.

Taxpayers earning less than $30,000 annually, would actually see their incomes decrease by 0.9 percent or $130 as a result of the expiration of temporary tax cuts.

They should be, but don't bet on it. In the US celebs get elected - Clintwood himself in Carmel - so people do take more note than they should.

GHod damn that country never ceases to amaze me.

"On blogs and Twitter, users have also poured scorn on his biological view, and expressed concern that he is a member of the House Committee on Science. "

How the jiggery fudge can a man without an understanding of the absolute basics of human biology sit on a science committee, let alone be running for senate?

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Yes mate, they just sprinkle fairy dust on their quim, tap their heels together a few times and the bad goes away. fudge me.

the more i read about the GOP the more respect I lose for Obama and the Democrats, how is this even a contest?

Careful, reason has no place in politics here in the US. Add a nice heaping of religious fervor and BAM... you make a legitimate point, I stick my fingers in my ears and pretend that the world is still flat (because this old book told me so).

Watch this senator get re-elected. He probably just made his base so happy with his intellectually inane comments.

Careful, reason has no place in politics here in the US. Add a nice heaping of religious fervor and BAM... you make a legitimate point, I stick my fingers in my ears and pretend that the world is still flat (because this old book told me so).

Watch this senator get re-elected. He probably just made his base so happy with his intellectually inane comments.

You mean the good book...

[video=youtube;gxXrTRFVUkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxXrTRFVUkQ[/video]

the more i read about the GOP the more respect I lose for Obama and the Democrats, how is this even a contest?

When you factor in the Citizens United decision and the Voter Registration limits Republican-controlled states have implemented, it makes a lot more sense.

Personally, I would have liked for Obama to have shunned any pro-Obama Super-PACs in this election to show what a croc of brick the Citizens United decision was. He could have taken the moral high road instead of getting into a mud-slinging contest with Romney. If Obama spent as much time selling the country on what he has achieved as he (and his PACs) do on tearing down Romney (which isn't particularly difficult IMO), then he should be able to win this comfortably. Unfortunately, he has lowered himself somewhat to their level and is now fighting them using their strategies.

My bags might be packed if Romney wins and the Republicans gain control over both Houses :(

Watched Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story the other night.

The US is a toilet. Most corrupt country in the world, would make African dictators blush.

I quite strongly disagree with Obama on his stance on welfare and government spending but fudge me it'd be tough to vote Republican with the brick they spew.

Someone did however make a good point, which is that abortion is really a bigger issue in the media than it is in reality. The only way it can be made illegal is by the Supreme Court overruling Roe v Wade and deeming it unconstitutional, which isn't likely and is completely out of the Republicans hands. It's really not an issue that should affect someones vote, since nothing is going to change.

the Democrats are in the pocket of big business just as much as the Republicans. the only difference is the modicum of social justice that they still advocate. Jon Stewart on his show (best thing on tv IMO) repeatedly illustrates the ludicrous nature of and hypocrisy that pervades American politics. Bill Maher has repeatedly said that Americans are stupid. Todd Akins's ridiculous comments regarding "legitimate rape" beggars belief. If Romney wins and sets up Ryan for the future, they will get what they deserve. funny thing democracy..

Last edited:
Watched Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story the other night.

The US is a toilet. Most corrupt country in the world, would make African dictators blush.

And most deluded country. Because most if it's citizens truly believe they are free!! The biggest con trick on history. There should be a trade descriptions act complaint on the constitution.

Back