• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

Democrats are also poised to keep the majority in the Senate, which means fudge-all when Republicans can filibuster any motions they find unsavory. This whole system needs to be reformed from the ground-up: it's out-dated and all these teabagger constitutionalists are driving this country brick. If anything, they should be going after the Patriot Act, not crying over whether Obama is going to take their guns away. fudging stupid people.
You're not an American. Convinced now.

:lol: I like those expressions. I've adopted some of them in my regular speech. Probably rubbed off from this forum and watching the ricky gervais show. I did notice a typo there though... but hey, if you ever want to grab a beer and watch a Spurs game, I'll definitely go into the swamp city.

:lol: I like those expressions. I've adopted some of them in my regular speech. Probably rubbed off from this forum and watching the ricky gervais show. I did notice a typo there though... but hey, if you ever want to grab a beer and watch a Spurs game, I'll definitely go into the swamp city.

Too soon.

Not too soon to blame the hurricane for losing the election though.
I'm guessing you don't live uptown?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19794259

Nice prediction game type thing, love the way that out of 7 "experts" only one predicts and right wing nutter winning...oh and guess what that expert is a policy person for the said fundamentalist party.

Me i am starting to worry, i really really hope America our special friend does not take a huge step backwards. The world needs leadership not idiots spouting hatred and bile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19794259

Nice prediction game type thing, love the way that out of 7 "experts" only one predicts and right wing nutter winning...oh and guess what that expert is a policy person for the said fundamentalist party.

Me i am starting to worry, i really really hope America our special friend does not take a huge step backwards. The world needs leadership not idiots spouting hatred and bile.

When you say special, do you mean like this?
special.gif

I've mentioned this before: I wish choosing between candidates was a tougher choice. I know I probably come off as an elitist liberal snob (I am), but I make my choices based on right or wrong, not right or left. Believe me, I've got beef with how Obama and government in general has handled a few things. However, I feel like I'm living in 15th century Europe where facts can be considered 'opinions' by those that are most-offended by them. When right-wing politicians claim that global warming is a hoax, etc. etc., I don't actually believe them. These are not stupid people. I believe them to be calculating individuals who like money and power more than serving their constituencies, unless they happen to be large campaign donors. And somehow, they've convinced them that less regulation is good, even in the midst of a meningitis outbreak sourced from a pharma lab that did not meet proper safety standards, or a food industry that cuts all corners to deliver the cheapest, genetically-engineered, barely-edible meat and produce.

And I don't even have children. If I never planned on having any, I should be a polluting, littering waste-of-life because GHod gave me these things so I can brick all over them and I don't have to worry about passing it on because I will eventually die and that's that. Instead, everyone feels entitled to what they're owed. Because everyone deserves to be a millionaire for sitting on their fat useless asses watching re-runs of the price is right and honey booboo. It's fine if you do these things, just don't expect to be plucked from your trailer home by the hand of GHod and floated down gently in a golden parachute into your olympic-sized pool right outside the new mansion that was bestowed on you. This is the new American dream.

At the end of the day though, I love this country. My parents are both legal immigrants, which to me epitomizes what it means to be American. After all, we were all immigrants at some point...
[video=youtube;t6e9vGHBgTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6e9vGHBgTo[/video]

So if politicians do truly believe the nonsense that they preach, like evolution still being an up-in-the-air 50/50 debate, then they're actually just arrogant pricks.
And that concludes my scattershot Monday rant. I know I'm not going to change anyone's minds, but I hope all you 'muricans go out there and vote tomorrow. But just remember that the whole world is watching and we don't want them to think we're 'special'.

I did not mean special in that way, but i fear you may be heading that way.

What shocked me today is that the money spent in the two campaigns equates to around $20 a vote!!! how can that system be correct? how can you donate such large amount of money to party's and not have to declare it? it just seems broken to me.

I did not mean special in that way, but i fear you may be heading that way.

What shocked me today is that the money spent in the two campaigns equates to around $20 a vote!!! how can that system be correct? how can you donate such large amount of money to party's and not have to declare it? it just seems broken to me.

Freedom of speech. According to the SC the amount of free speech you are entitled to is proportional to your wealth and includes the best politicians money can buy and the right to inflict your view on people sitting on their sofas at home in front of their TVs.

If you have enough money you can even buy a "grass roots" movement complete with teapots.

GHod I just want this over with so we can move on and just forget about Mitt Romney already!

Obama is at 91.6% to win >270 electoral votes according to the NYT :-"

Damn those liberal media reporting the wrong type of news. Perhaps Fox News can come up with a fair and balanced poll.

Its funny reading all these reports about it being a dead heat with Obama ahead in most battleground states. Or about how Ohio will decide it. Obama is well ahead in the solid and leaning states and only needs a few extras, while Romney needs to win a lot of the close ones. This hasn't changed for months.

As far as I can see, if Obama wins Ohio has he has won it easily and probably will get over 300. For Romney, Ohio won't be enough, even if he wins Florida. He needs to win most of the smaller ones as well. He just has to win too many states where it is close to have a realistic chance, hence the 92% probability on an Obama win. Unless the polls are well off, that is, and there is a systematic error favouring Obama.

When are the first results due?

About nine hours ago. Some small hamlet in Maine declared after all eligible voters had voted: a 5-5 tie.

They usually wait until the polls close in each state before announcing or forecasting the results. So the first ones with be just after midnight GMT (7pm EST).

Of the keys states, Florida is 7pm EST, Ohio is 7:30, Wisconsin 9pm

List of closing times: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/closing.phtml?format=ga

Back