• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

Yup, it was 70% in the economic golden age people talk about. Also federal and corporate income taxes contributed about the same to the federal tax take in the 50s. Now personal income tax contributes four times as much as corporation tax and the rich pay a smaller share. The burden has shifted from the rich and large corporations to the middle class and small businesses, the main job creators. I don't advocate the 70% rate, 40% would be more than enough as the top rate if people actually had to pay it. It's ridiculous how the rich can pay a lower effective tax than people earning a fraction of their income.

I agree, I just want EVERYONE to pay their fair share. Including corporations. And I have no problem saying that if they don't like it, they can get the hell out. Lower the corporate tax rate, but close all the loopholes that allows them to keep money off-shore. Why should they benefit from everything that is cultivated with public tax dollars (a well-educated-ish workforce, transportation infrastructure) without having to pay for it?

Our policy should foster a cycle of mutual benefit. It's not that liberals admonish success. I believe the liberal ethos embraces a long-term vision and that we want to start fixing things now. This must be tempered against people that are selfish and can only think in the past. I say selfish because many of the right's policies a) attempt to stifle any action on the part of the left in attempt to ensure that they can get re-elected, and b) will only appease the people to get their votes. Of course the masses will love the party that pledges to not sign any new taxes. To the layperson in America, taxes are bad, always. Even when they're at very low rates historically. Even in the face of such a large deficit.

I do believe government needs to be MUCH more transparent so we can see how our money gets spent, but it's not like that information isn't out there. Simply put, there's no responsibility and no connection between what our government does and the people. After all, they're the ones that elected the officials that choose whether we go to war or not. As we all know, it's far easier to point fingers and just blame it on the other side.

nonpayers.banner.taxfound.jpg

This map is partial proof that people will vote against their best interests. Since this map only looks at the top 10%-lowest 10%, I'd like to find out the average percentage of states that vote Democratic and of those that vote Republican.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/opinion/nocera-romney-and-the-forbes-400.html?_r=0

More evidence of the inequality rising.......the 400 richest people in America are $200 billion better off this year than last, that's an average of $500 million each.

I'm sure they all did great things to deserve $500 million extra in the past year eh? :)

Tax these cretins.....100%, not a penny or cent less.

If I were Obama, and I'm sure a similar pattern is replicated over here, I'd just take a windfall tax of $200 billion.......that'll help fund some of the nice military spending the rich are so fond of apparently! :)

I agree, I just want EVERYONE to pay their fair share. Including corporations. And I have no problem saying that if they don't like it, they can get the hell out. Lower the corporate tax rate, but close all the loopholes that allows them to keep money off-shore. Why should they benefit from everything that is cultivated with public tax dollars (a well-educated-ish workforce, transportation infrastructure) without having to pay for it?

Our policy should foster a cycle of mutual benefit. It's not that liberals admonish success. I believe the liberal ethos embraces a long-term vision and that we want to start fixing things now. This must be tempered against people that are selfish and can only think in the past. I say selfish because many of the right's policies a) attempt to stifle any action on the part of the left in attempt to ensure that they can get re-elected, and b) will only appease the people to get their votes. Of course the masses will love the party that pledges to not sign any new taxes. To the layperson in America, taxes are bad, always. Even when they're at very low rates historically. Even in the face of such a large deficit.

I do believe government needs to be MUCH more transparent so we can see how our money gets spent, but it's not like that information isn't out there. Simply put, there's no responsibility and no connection between what our government does and the people. After all, they're the ones that elected the officials that choose whether we go to war or not. As we all know, it's far easier to point fingers and just blame it on the other side.

nonpayers.banner.taxfound.jpg

This map is partial proof that people will vote against their best interests. Since this map only looks at the top 10%-lowest 10%, I'd like to find out the average percentage of states that vote Democratic and of those that vote Republican.

Was just saying this today, the Republican elite must laugh their asses off at the thought that those in the deep south, the poorest in the nation, vote so emphatically for the rich elite! :)

A large number of the Forbes 400 — “roughly 40 percent,” according to a group called United for a Fair Economy — inherited their wealth. Many others on the list — people who started companies that they’ve since left — are classified by Forbes as investors.

Here is a newer map for 2010:

non_payers_large.png

Top ten non-paying states, with who they voted for in the 2008 presidential election:

1 Mississippi 44.5% REP
2 Georgia 42.5% REP
3 Alabama 40.3% REP
4 Florida 39.0% DEM
5 Arkansas 38.8% REP
6 South Carolina 38.8% REP
7 New Mexico 38.7% DEM
8 Idaho 38.6% REP
9 Texas 38.5% REP
10 Utah 38.3% REP

Bottom ten non-paying states, with who they voted for in the 2008 presidential election:

41 New Jersey 29.2% DEM
42 Minnesota 29.2% DEM
43 Washington 29.9% DEM
44 Wyoming 28,6% REP
45 Maryland 28.2% DEM
46 Connecticut 26.6% DEM
47 Massachusetts 26.3% DEM
48 New Hampshire DEM
49 North Dakota REP
50 Alaska 22% REP

The "Romney scroungers": 8/10 republican states
The "honest tax payers": 7/10 democrat states

Edit: of the 28 states that have the lowest percentage of non-payers, 22 voted for Obama in 2008.

Last edited:
The most fascinating/scary part of all this is how the Republican Party have managed to convince a significant portion of the electorate, ie. the GHod-fearing Christian Conservatives, that THEY are the party which represents the views that Jesus Christ would have had if he were alive today. Jesus was the ultimate sandal-wearing progressive, and the Republicans have successfully managed to contort that into an agenda that happens to be in perfect aligned with that off Big Business.

I have lived in the US for almost 15 years now, and the levels of ignorance in the voting public with regards to their understanding of policy is without a doubt my least favorite part of living in this amazing country.[/QUOTE]

I've been here ten years and would concur.

The most fascinating/scary part of all this is how the Republican Party have managed to convince a significant portion of the electorate, ie. the GHod-fearing Christian Conservatives, that THEY are the party which represents the views that Jesus Christ would have had if he were alive today. Jesus was the ultimate sandal-wearing progressive, and the Republicans have successfully managed to contort that into an agenda that happens to be in perfect aligned with that off Big Business.

I have lived in the US for almost 15 years now, and the levels of ignorance in the voting public with regards to their understanding of policy is without a doubt my least favorite part of living in this amazing country.

Bill Maher was making a point about undecided voters recently, specifically about how the media seems to put them on a pedal stool. They're treated as if they've spent all this time analyzing the records of both candidates and deliberating whose policies will better benefit them.
The reality is that if a voter can't tell whose policies they're for by this point, they fall into the low-information voter category. They probably watch loads of soap operas and consume tabloids. Kim Kardashian is one of these types of voters, need I say more?

Well, she's probably brighter than Palin, Bachmann and Perry, more charismatic with better PR than Romney. She might be a better candidate for POTUS.

That's because she has tits. Although she can compete with Boehner for whoever uses the most bronzer.

Trump could be her VP.

:eek:

Mr Romney, who has a track record of verbal gaffes, had referred to an emergency landing by an airplane carrying his wife during a fund raiser in California. But his light heart objection to windows that “don’t open” was seized on by critics as his latest outlandish offensive against common sense.

American media websites and blogs filled with mockery of the candidate. The storm scarcely abated when reporters at the event conceded Mr Romney had made a joke, albeit it one that did not translate outside the room.

During the $6 million (£3.7 million) fundraising event in California, Mr Romney brought up an incident at the weekend when his wife’s aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing.

He mused that she would have coped better if she was able to breathe outside air during the fire.

"I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were," Mr Romney said, according to the LA Times. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no – and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she's safe and sound."

I have lived in the US for almost 15 years now, and the levels of ignorance in the voting public with regards to their understanding of policy is without a doubt my least favorite part of living in this amazing country.[/QUOTE]

=D>

Someone said to me recently that Obama vs Romney was the clearest thing they'd seen in terms of smart vs arse, and they felt Obama would landslide because of this. I reminded them about Gore v Bush. Yes, he might've stolen it, but the fact is he should never been close enough to be able to, he should've been dead in the water. I "hope" we're not in for one of those...

8 out of 10 jobs in Ohio are linked to the auto industry. 82 out of 88 counties have car production or related supply workers. Who opposed the auto bailout? Monumental strategic policy fail.

Someone said to me recently that Obama vs Romney was the clearest thing they'd seen in terms of smart vs arse, and they felt Obama would landslide because of this. I reminded them about Gore v Bush. Yes, he might've stolen it, but the fact is he should never been close enough to be able to, he should've been dead in the water. I "hope" we're not in for one of those...

Gore V Bush was basically a case of dumb v dumber.

I have lived in the US for almost 15 years now, and the levels of ignorance in the voting public with regards to their understanding of policy is without a doubt my least favorite part of living in this amazing country.

I lived there for just under 20 years. I'm not so concerned about the ignorance of the voting public - much of ours is not much better - but its the ignorance of the elected politicians. Its not just the presidential candidates, it rife through Congress. They spend so much time raising money that they lose sight of the difference between fact and the fiction they need to parrot to get the money.

Back