• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

And 35 dollars is the difference between eating and not for millions of Americans. The most unequal country in the world.

I didn't say income. 100 tax on assets. Houses, cash, bonds, whatever. 10 million overnight tax done. No one needs more than 10 million. Ever.

100% tax on assets, so if I have a £10m house and a factory, the government can just seize my factory? And if that is the case, where is the incentive to ever make money? Why bother keeping a factory open when I already have my £10m and I can't have assets worth more than that because the government will just tax it away from me.

Been reading Karl Marx while you were away?

To be fair it was a couple of years ago, and my memory is a bit hazy. I'm certain I didn't have to show any form of ID though, because I was shocked at the time about it. Perhaps I had a polling card, but I question that alone as being sufficient proof of identity.

I do somewhat agree about the price of an ID. Whether it should be free is up for debate, but $50 is a lot of money for some people

Only one polling card per person gets sent to the registered address. Now if someone steals your card they can take your vote. but you can't vote twice.

100% tax on assets, so if I have a £10m house and a factory, the government can just seize my factory? And if that is the case, where is the incentive to ever make money? Why bother keeping a factory open when I already have my £10m and I can't have assets worth more than that because the government will just tax it away from me.

Been reading Karl Marx while you were away?

You could just not start the factory and you'd have fudge all. Let alone 10 million. Simple. I think you don't have a clue about Marxism. Patently. Not too many millionaires in communist states old boy.

So regardless, lets say after 10 years of my business I have made my £10 million and I get taxed 100% on everything upwards. Why do I keep my business open if I get to keep nothing else? I cant sell it because all the proceeds go to the government through your 100% tax. I might as well burn it down.

Last edited:
Nah. Government just tell you to sell it. Or you can close it and ad the workers will just start it again the next day as a going concern cooperative. You don't win the lottery without buying a ticket. Luck is the single largest factor in success. Successful people say this time and time again. Talent and hard work is a prerequisite. But you get nowhere without luck. Given this. 10 million seems a reasonable compromise. The only thing lacking is the will to act as a majority against the tyranny of the global elite.

Nah. Government just tell you to sell it. Or you can close it and ad the workers will just start it again the next day as a going concern cooperative. You don't win the lottery without buying a ticket. Luck is the single largest factor in success. Successful people say this time and time again. Talent and hard work is a prerequisite. But you get nowhere without luck. Given this. 10 million seems a reasonable compromise. The only thing lacking is the will to act as a majority against the tyranny of the global elite.

You've gotta be taking the tinkle? Who are you and what have you done with Leeds?

So the governement tells me to sell it and I get 20 million, I don't get taxed o100% on that? And who exactly is going to be buying my factory? Who is going to have the assets to be able to afford to buy my factory if they only get £10m? This idea is ludicrous. You better be voting Green Party next election, they propose a maximum £200k salary and a minimum £20k salary. Should satisfy your ideals.

All I will say is that it's time for people to start paying their fair share again because taxes are the lowest they've been in the past 50-60 years, especially for the wealthy. ~70% during Eisenhower if I'm not mistaken. I know there are plenty of millionaires who would be willing to pay higher taxes, but what really gets me is the notion of trickle-down somehow kickstarting our economy when that policy (during the Bush W. administration) is partly what got us into this mess in the first place. It's this failure to look long-term that will fudge our country over, which is a re-election issue, not (entirely) a partisan one.

No one needs to afford it. You threatened to close it. I say fine. Then it goes for nowt and the workers form a cooperative like John Lewis. Done. my tax proposal if more for high net worth individuals. Not entrepreneurs. Anyone who has inherited wealth is first for shaving. 100 percent tax. Done.

All I will say is that it's time for people to start paying their fair share again because taxes are the lowest they've been in the past 50-60 years, especially for the wealthy. ~70% during Eisenhower if I'm not mistaken. I know there are plenty of millionaires who would be willing to pay higher taxes, but what really gets me is the notion of trickle-down somehow kickstarting our economy when that policy (during the Bush W. administration) is partly what got us into this mess in the first place. It's this failure to look long-term that will fudge our country over, which is a re-election issue, not (entirely) a partisan one.

The UK and the US have the most biggest income inequality in their histories. The rich get richer every year. Regardless of what happens. I just watched the BBC documentary on Hayek. He was wrong. We don't want communism. But the free market doesn't work either. Otherwise let's have proper anarchy eh? The survival of the fittest? What's to stop someone just taking your 20 million mansion and cars? The police? Nah. You want freedom and the free market, let's really embrace democracy shall we? Hmmmmm........ Maybe all of these rich ****s don't like the free marketso much after all?

No one needs to afford it. You threatened to close it. I say fine. Then it goes for nowt and the workers form a cooperative like John Lewis. Done. my tax proposal if more for high net worth individuals. Not entrepreneurs. Anyone who has inherited wealth is first for shaving. 100 percent tax. Done.

Why should the workers be able to set up a cooperative and use the factory that I own?

Also, 100% inheritance tax? Heres a much more eloquent explanation for why that is a load of crap than I can give

[video=youtube;MRpEV2tmYz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRpEV2tmYz4[/video]

Love me some Milton Friedman

The UK and the US have the most biggest income inequality in their histories. The rich get richer every year. Regardless of what happens. I just watched the BBC documentary on Hayek. He was wrong. We don't want communism. But the free market doesn't work either. Otherwise let's have proper anarchy eh? The survival of the fittest? What's to stop someone just taking your 20 million mansion and cars? The police? Nah. You want freedom and the free market, let's really embrace democracy shall we? Hmmmmm........ Maybe all of these rich ****s don't like the free marketso much after all?

Educate yourself

[video=youtube;vDhcqua3_W8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDhcqua3_W8[/video]

Why should the workers be able to set up a cooperative and use the factory that I own?

Also, 100% inheritance tax? Heres a much more eloquent explanation for why that is a load of crap than I can give

[video=youtube;MRpEV2tmYz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRpEV2tmYz4[/video]

Love me some Milton Friedman

Yep. Every fudging penny. You come into this world with nothing........

Mitt Romney took in $6 million Saturday night at a Beverly Hills fundraiser, he said, as his backers tried to quell concern about the rocky road the Republican nominee has faced in his presidential bid in recent days.

Tom Tellefsen, a major bundler and chairman of the candidate’s California Finance Committee, tried to reassure donors as he introduced Romney to about 1,500 people who paid up to $50,000 to see the candidate speak at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

"At this moment I know you are probably feeling a bit worried, frustrated, even angry as you watch President Obama, the mainstream media and the pundits attack Mitt with distortions and inaccuracies," Tellefsen said. "So I wanted to share some thoughts with you tonight. They can provide you some comfort. Polls are not elections. The voters have not yet spoken."

Tellefsen was referring to the travails Romney has faced in recent days, notably a secretly recorded video that shows him making controversial remarks about nearly half the nation’s population, and polls that show him losing ground in battleground states.

But financially, Romney has been doing well, as national finance chairman Spencer Zwick noted. The campaign has raised more than $500 million, he said, including nearly $25 million from the Los Angeles area. Romney also had big-dollar events in Del Mar and Hillsborough on this California fundraising swing.

Romney’s wife, Ann, was in attendance, and the candidate spoke of the concern he had for her when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday en route to Santa Monica because of an electrical malfunction.

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

The crowd also heard from comedian Dennis Miller and musician and record producer David Foster, portions of the evening that were closed to reporters but acknowledged by the Romneys.

“I want to thank Dennis Miller for not just the humor, but the truth in the humor,” Romney said. “Much of what he said tonight, much of what he said was very encouraging and uplifting.”

No visit to California by a Republican candidate could be complete without a nod to the state’s liberal bent.

“I know in some of the communities around this particular hotel it’s hard to let people know you’re conservative without them looking at you funny," Romney said, before noting that he had lunch with “a very famous actor — very famous. Very liberal. I won’t tell you his name or he’d shoot me… He pulled me aside, he said, ‘In this town, you really can’t get work unless you’re known as a liberal,’ and he said, ‘But no one knows how I really vote.’ And there are a lot of people that feel that way.”

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story

Yup, it was 70% in the economic golden age people talk about. Also federal and corporate income taxes contributed about the same to the federal tax take in the 50s. Now personal income tax contributes four times as much as corporation tax and the rich pay a smaller share. The burden has shifted from the rich and large corporations to the middle class and small businesses, the main job creators. I don't advocate the 70% rate, 40% would be more than enough as the top rate if people actually had to pay it. It's ridiculous how the rich can pay a lower effective tax than people earning a fraction of their income.

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous.
Blimey :lol:

and in six or so weeks he could have his thumb on the launch button of enough nuclear weaponry to turn this planet into dust

Back