• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Milan Skriniar

He would be a modern day Michael Dawson if i had to compare him to anyone but not as good as Daws in the air.

He is good in the air though
And he is iMO better on the ground
I’d compare him more to Vidic. Form what I’ve seen of him he is a stopper and one that you don’t get past which we miss massively

I preferer (and trust more) your observations. Vidic:D

Big and slow, not comfortable with playing Conte's high line, hence having been dropped from the side recently..

Not really liking the sound of that tbh - might work for Jose's tactics but if/when he moves on chances are that the player won't suit the next manager

Not really liking the sound of that tbh - might work for Jose's tactics but if/when he moves on chances are that the player won't suit the next manager

I hear you. But i guess if he's paired with Sanchez or Tanganga that might bring some balance (provided he is indeed more of a 'will not let you pass' stopper type of cb)

He's a proper defender, one you would play alongside a ball playing partner.

Kind that is going out of fashion for ball playing defenders that seem surprised when they have to defend.

So who of our current crop would you play him alongside? Toby is too slow, Sanchez isn't really a ball player but has mobility, Dier is neither a ballplayer or mobile.

Get Dias in too and sell one of the other three?

He's a proper defender, one you would play alongside a ball playing partner.

Kind that is going out of fashion for ball playing defenders that seem surprised when they have to defend.
That’s certainly how I see him
It’s a trait in Italy that to succeed you have to enjoy defending.
What I like also is he will tackle with either foot which sound basic but again is one thing most won’t do now as the tendency is for defenders to back off

So who of our current crop would you play him alongside? Toby is too slow, Sanchez isn't really a ball player but has mobility, Dier is neither a ballplayer or mobile.

Get Dias in too and sell one of the other three?

As much as people look down on Italian football right now, if you're looking for defenders it's still a good market. Defending to them is what skill is to Brazilians and Holliganism is to us.

As soon as Tanganga gets fit and a run I'd expect him to start and given a chance to 'lose' the position. Toby till then in a low block.

Dier and Sanchez it's a toss up, Sanchez has the physicals, Dier the love of Jose. Between the two I can see Sanchez being sold.

Btw is it the case now that Levy rocked up to the Bank Of England, took their money on that minimal interest and now using that to fund our transfers. If so that's fudging genius.

Most of the posters over at SpursCommunity seem to be all for a swap deal with Ndombele. I don’t think i would be happy with that. I think Ndombele can take us to that next level if we can get him fit.
I would have been all up for some kind of swap a month ago BUT a shimmy, double drag back and some rapid defence splitting balls later....i'm wavering....his upside and the potential to lift us above expectations is making me think we should roll the dice on another season for him.

(i dont believe i just wrote that:))

Back