• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs SCBC

I think it's a combination of your two points. If you stand off us and give us 15m per pass, even donkeys like Sanchez, Winks, Davies et al will look like passable players. And sometimes teams do because they fear Son, Kane et al on the counter.

If you press us, even a little bit, those brainless donkeys collapse and fold like a pack of cards. Soton tried it. They got 4 points off us this season because of it.

It seems like we've only added to that problem with Royal and Hojbjerg, two more players who have concrete cinder-blocks for feet.

The problem only grows because the other players who we rely on, Dier et al, are also like this. I can't think of one press-resistant player in our entire side - no one can keep the ball when pressed.
Huge point. I believe Romero, a CB, is better on the ball than any of our CMs today. To be fair we are shaped as a counter team, but that cant be an excuse. It's like Mourinho said, the problem at Tottenham is that some players here think they are better than they actually are. The problem on this forum is that some member think the same as those players. People fighting me on Doherty... Fn Doherty, which has been abysmal all season. Easily our worse player and that is hard to accomplish. Only time he has been close to average is his half against Leicester, against a tired teenanger. He made an assist în that match, it was literally with his ass after not being able to stop the ball on his chest, ball went off him like flees of a dog's fur. You cant be watching this team play during the season and then ask for Doherty, you just cant. Emerson cant cross, pass, dribble or shoot, but Doherty cant even stop the ball.

OK, Doherty is world class and I'm happy he has chosen us. Happy we fended off those heavy offers this winter.
Please remember we had to pay the previous RWB to leave, this is the way Doherty will leave the club too.
When Conte says we are very far behind the likes of Chelsea, what players do you think he îs talking about? It aint Kane, Son, Romero and Lloris, I can tell you that.
Your literally slagging off a player who didn’t even play
Tahst kinda acting like a sadist… I mean that actually makes you a true spurs fan TBF
And the Chelsea thing you bring up again… conte was at fault in the Chelsea games as much as his team, as he was too tonight
If he couldn’t work out the players he had couldn’t play how he wanted he should change things.
Southampton tonight moved our cbs by having two strikers. It was that easy and another game where Ralf has done a number on conte

Just reflecting on my way home.
That was a depressing watch. There was a feel good factor after Saturday when we played reasonably well and showed a lot of attacking intent. Tonight, Southampton had our number and they deserved the win.
I guess it illustrates we are not as good as we might like to think we are and there is still a huge amount of improvement work needed. Luckily we have the best manager for the task but I think we will have to expect substandard performances like tonight along the way.
Maybe I’m just trying to cheer myself up.

Yeah. Think we've gotten away with it a bit since Conte came in and had a relatively easy fixture list. Tonight we were easily second best and you could see the lads who aren't good enough and will always let you down under pressure. Sanchez, Emerson (at the moment), Winks, PEH, Moura to an extent. Not sure they cut it when the chips are down.

I have absolute faith in Conte but last two league games he’s made mistakes.

Final word on our support. I might take some stick for this but I thought we were poor. Our away support always sound amazing, tonight it was quiet for a lot of it. That, I can sort of live with. 50,000 home fans, to a man, aren’t gonna sing like 5,000 away fans. But booing the team at half time when it’s 1-1 v Southampton? A sizeable exodus when their second went in? A bigger exodus when the third went in?

I know people pay their money and it’s a midweek game and lots have a commute. But if yer gonna have a go at the players and, as a fan, you’re booing and leaving 10 mins early with the game finely balanced, it’s a bit poor.

Juventus fans were happy to offload Kulu and Bentancur to us like we would be to offload Lo Celso and Ndombele for 70 mil euros. Any of the 2 wouldn't be my choice în signing, but I agree we need to give them time and chances. Bentancur was only around 20 mil euros and Kulu is still on loan(but so was Lo Celso and we spent anyway). Kulu could be another dumb move on our part if we chose to buy him and he doesnt deliver, he will cost us 43 mil euros, like other flops we know. We need to be more careful. Hope they both work out and will make us a better team.
They will be a success if they are better then what we have. It is clear we need to build a team rather then going for big name star signings. Happened at Man U as well just signing players because of the reputation. We need to build a team.

Yep
He isn’t scared of the ball
We can’t okay a system that relies on players dealing with the ball under pressure and have 3 players occupy one side who treat a football like it’s the enemy

Hopefully the director of football understands this also. Though you would have researched Royal more before signing him.

The Royal signing really bothers me.

Your literally slagging off a player who didn’t even play
Tahst kinda acting like a sadist… I mean that actually makes you a true spurs fan TBF
And the Chelsea thing you bring up again… conte was at fault in the Chelsea games as much as his team, as he was too tonight
If he couldn’t work out the players he had couldn’t play how he wanted he should change things.
Southampton tonight moved our cbs by having two strikers. It was that easy and another game where Ralf has done a number on conte
Doherty played enough, he was awful as RWB and abysmal as LWB. Conte was to blame only în the league match against Chelsea, with plenty of injuries, the other to they beat us fair and square. Chelsea's 4th, 5th and 6th best CBs would come right în our first 11. Any of their RBs are twice the player of any we have here. We have these huge gaps that need to be addresed if we are to challenge for anything. Romero is one good signing, we need more of this.

Doherty played enough, he was awful as RWB and abysmal as LWB. Conte was to blame only în the league match against Chelsea, with plenty of injuries, the other to they beat us fair and square. Chelsea's 4th, 5th and 6th best CBs would come right în our first 11. Any of their RBs are twice the player of any we have here. We have these huge gaps that need to be addresed if we are to challenge for anything. Romero is one good signing, we need more of this.
Donerty has barely okayed RWB for us
I checked a few eeeks back and I made it 9 games there with the first team

Hopefully the director of football understands this also. Though you would have researched Royal more before signing him.

The Royal signing really bothers me.
Why?
He was signed as a right back where he has looked good. He looked solid in a flat 4. we have changed systems mid way through a season and right now he doesn’t suit it. Neither does Gil for example either

Yeah. Think we've gotten away with it a bit since Conte came in and had a relatively easy fixture list. Tonight we were easily second best and you could see the lads who aren't good enough and will always let you down under pressure. Sanchez, Emerson (at the moment), Winks, PEH, Moura to an extent. Not sure they cut it when the chips are down.

Final word on our support. I might take some stick for this but I thought we were poor. Our away support always sound amazing, tonight it was quiet for a lot of it. That, I can sort of live with. 50,000 home fans, to a man, aren’t gonna sing like 5,000 away fans. But booing the team at half time when it’s 1-1 v Southampton? A sizeable exodus when their second went in? A bigger exodus when the third went in?

I know people pay their money and it’s a midweek game and lots have a commute. But if yer gonna have a go at the players and, as a fan, you’re booing and leaving 10 mins early with the game finely balanced, it’s a bit poor.
Couldn’t believe the booing. I said to my mate it would happen as there was a lot of manning where we stand (and we were getting soaked)
There is a sense of entitlement with fans I guess

Our support is very fickle at the moment. I was braced for the booing at half time, I knew it was coming. I don't agree with booing at all, personally, but I can understand - sometimes - why it happens. If there's a lack of effort being put in, there is some justification. Effort wasn't the issue tonight though, and as you say, 1-1 at half time wasn't one of those times for boos. We hadn't played well but I really don't understand what booing is supposed to achieve.
Let's hope Sunday is better, on and off the pitch.

Our support is very fickle at the moment. I was braced for the booing at half time, I knew it was coming. I don't agree with booing at all, personally, but I can understand - sometimes - why it happens. If there's a lack of effort being put in, there is some justification. Effort wasn't the issue tonight though, and as you say, 1-1 at half time wasn't one of those times for boos. We hadn't played well but I really don't understand what booing is supposed to achieve.
Where’s your seat?
It was rumbling in the south stand from about 30 minutes
TBF there was one guy moaning about royal from before kick off

Yeah fair comment. I wasn’t completely shocked by the booing I guess because it’s happened a few times lately. I just don’t get it and it doesn’t happen at many other clubs like that.

I think there’s a massive frustration amongst the fan base with the trajectory of the club over the last few years and that’s why Levy cannot afford for Conte to go wrong. If it does, I can see mutiny in the stands and it’ll all be for Levy.

I still don’t agree with it though when you’re 1-1 with Southampton. Jesus, who do we think we are?

Where’s your seat?
It was rumbling in the south stand from about 30 minutes
TBF there was one guy moaning about royal from before kick off

I'm in 112, Paxton. To be fair we have a good crowd where we are. Discontented sure, but no booing, at least not in the area around me. But of course it can be heard from other areas.

Just reflecting on my way home.
That was a depressing watch. There was a feel good factor after Saturday when we played reasonably well and showed a lot of attacking intent. Tonight, Southampton had our number and they deserved the win.
I guess it illustrates we are not as good as we might like to think we are and there is still a huge amount of improvement work needed. Luckily we have the best manager for the task but I think we will have to expect substandard performances like tonight along the way.
Maybe I’m just trying to cheer myself up.

Got back home from WHL about 90 minutes ago and after enjoying the performance on Saturday it was very disappointing to see us so utterly outplayed by a (admittedly well drilled) mid-table team.

Seems that year we went without any new furniture is still haunting us and have my fingers crossed that Paratici can muster up a few more recruits who instantly elevate Conte’s team, like Bentancur has done in the 2 cameos I’ve witnessed.

Yup, such a poor atmosphere compared to the buzz I enjoyed on Saturday and being booed off at HT certainly can’t have helped those players who’d already looked like rabbits in the headlights.

After roadworks meant that our schlep to WHL took almost an hour longer than anticipated (meaning we only just made kick-off) we made damn sure to stay in our seats until Kane had done his post-match lap before drowning sorrows in The Marketplace.

Back