• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs. Emirates Marketing Project

In part I agree with you, however it is surprisingly more of a balance when trying to outsmart Pep.

When Madrid beat Bayern in the CL semi final in 2014 it was a combination of set pieces and the threat of the BBC on the break that had Pep pulling his hair out.

The way to defeat a Guardiola team is to ensure high levels of concentration from the off, set your stall out to be compact and defend deep, press hard and show physicality in everything you do.

You must also take advantage of any set pieces thrown your way, as his defenders and keeper are not there for their physical prowess and are shaky when balls are whipped in at pace.

Arguably though the most important piece in the puzzle is ensuring you have a threat and some pace upfront so you can keep them on their toes and if possible exploit them on the break.

It's classic Athletico Madrid or MADRID when they are forced to be more tactical.

I therefore see roles for Eriksen, Lamella and Son with some runners/pressers balancing it up. A false # 9 to keep them guessing would also be interesting.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

With that logic why not play Nkodou as well and play with no "fixed" striker

That way we have scary pace and players to put pressure on stones when he is trying to pass out

-----------------lloris----------------
walker----toby------vert-----rose
----------dier----dembele---------
---Lamela----eriksen-----son-----
-------------janssen-----------------

Why move Son out of position when he's doing so well as a WF? It was Lamela who moved to CF, not Son, against CSKA

Nkoudou took Son's position wide left, Son moved into the middle, Lamela was floating wide right and centrally in midfield

I just saw that too! Think he's over hyping us there personally, makes me slightly uncomfortable, all that praise.
I'm not sure Jenas really believes it to that extent. He's probably trying to redress the balance of the Liverpool and Arsenal and Chelsea colleagues he has to deal with every day.

By the way, I almost never use Siri to type for me on my iPhone but I am doing it now and it is amazing. It got every word right apart from genius for Jenas!

Nkoudou on one flank and Son on the other, heck Poch probably would not start with that but if he did they could really torment their full backs. And add Rose and Walker into the mix, well lets just say we would cause as many problems as they cause us. Maybe in the last 30 minutes if we are chasing the game

I'm not sure Jenas really believes it to that extent. He's probably trying to redress the balance of the Liverpool and Arsenal and Chelsea colleagues he has to deal with every day.

By the way, I almost never use Siri to type for me on my iPhone but I am doing it now and it is amazing. It got every word right apart from genius for Jenas!

Jenas ....Genius..... Same difference !

With that logic why not play Nkodou as well and play with no "fixed" striker

That way we have scary pace and players to put pressure on stones when he is trying to pass out

Perhaps, big call to give him his PL debut away to Emirates Marketing Project though.

Personal, I'd have Lamella as the false 9 and Son, Eriksen and Alli all interchanging and running past him as the furtherest player forward. Keep them guessing and keep switching those 3 (perhaps even 4, with Son perhaps also going up top as the false 9 at certain stages during the game).

I think he'll go with Wanyama and Dier behind that 4 as I am not sure Dembelle is fully up to the pace of the PL yet.

The back 4 picks itself, if all fit. Jansen, Nkodou and Sissoko all available to spring off the bench also, so dynamism and threat both on and off the pitch. Just what the doctor ordered...

What do I know though.... I actually think he'll go with Jansen up top and 2 out of Alli, Lamella and Son. Eriksen is a shoe in at the moment it would seem. Don't see Sissoko starting due to his lethargy last week.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

You obviously do not listen to Jenas on BBC Five Live because he really rates us

Back