• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs. Emirates Marketing Project

Should I just change your avatar now?

Sevilla-vs-Manchester-City-Champions-League-group-stage.jpg

B1_2dLFCQAAOTC2.jpg

1462279504_977575_1462280349_noticia_normal.jpg
How about you pin the thread first, eh? :cool:

Think that Wanyama deserves to start. He's been excellent in the last few matches. I'd pair him with whoever is more fit between Dier and Dembele. Other big question is which of Son, Lamela, Eriksen, and Dele to drop. I think we'll need Erik's tireless running and tackling. Then bring Dele on for Janssen for the last 30 to attack a tired, leaky defense. I also wonder if we'll see GKN off the bench, as he's been really exciting this week.

--------Lloris------
KW--TA--JV--DR
--Vincent--Dier or Dembele
Eriksen----Lamela--Snny
--------Janssen------

Think we'll win.

Think that Wanyama deserves to start. He's been excellent in the last few matches. I'd pair him with whoever is more fit between Dier and Dembele. Other big question is which of Son, Lamela, Eriksen, and Dele to drop. I think we'll need Erik's tireless running and tackling. Then bring Dele on for Janssen for the last 30 to attack a tired, leaky defense. I also wonder if we'll see GKN off the bench, as he's been really exciting this week.

--------Lloris------
KW--TA--JV--DR
Eriksen----Lamela--Snny
--------Janssen------

Think we'll win.

Agree. Son and Eriksen should be starting, then its between Lamela and Alli, and I think we need Lamela's workrate right now. Alli just seems a touch-off at present and would be better as on option off the bench just like he did v Palace

I'm actually in a dilemma about bringing Dier back for this. I'm wondering about sticking with Dembele and Wanyama, while Dier demonstrates some sharpness in a lesser fixture.

-------------------Lloris
Walker----Alder-----Verts-----Rose/Davies
-------------Dembele---Wanyama
--Lamela--------Alli----------Son
--------------Janssen

I would hope Rose is available because Sterling against Davies is worrying

--------Lloris------
KW--TA--JV--DR
Eriksen----Lamela--Snny
--------Janssen------

Think we'll win.

Son is starting and it is not up for debate

They were a physically strong team with lots of athleticism last season and we still did the double over them. Eriksen has finally found some form and you want to bench him against City? WTF

Most importantly by starting without any of Dele, Eriksen, Lamela and GK you are depriving us of all creativity which is just ridiculous because yesterday they showed us they have a dodgy defense.

IMO, we can create from forcing mistakes when they have the ball and getting players to run at them. I'm talking about our team being physically strong and athletic, not theirs. Eriksen isn't in particularly great form imo, he's doing alright though. Son is our only real undroppable attacker at the moment, he is truly on form.

I like how Fergie used to approach these types of games in the league, especially against Arsenal. He'd get the hard-workers and runners in the team, even if it meant benching other players who would normally play. I think Sissoko, Dembele and Son could match the creative force of Celtic haha.

Poch won't pick that team, but I'd like to see it. I think it's entirely possible that two from Alli, Lamela and Eriksen will miss out though.

Can't wait for this game. We're a bit all over the place with injuries and team selection. But have a squad of players who are all relatively game sharp.

Might be a game to bully them so would have Sissoko, Dier, Wanyama and Dembele on the pitch. Maybe bring Alli on as a sub, or drop Lamela to the bench, which would be harsh on him.

I'm actually in a dilemma about bringing Dier back for this. I'm wondering about sticking with Dembele and Wanyama, while Dier demonstrates some sharpness in a lesser fixture.

-------------------Lloris
Walker----Alder-----Verts-----Rose/Davies
-------------Dembele---Wanyama
--Lamela--------Alli----------Son
--------------Janssen

Good point. IMO Dier has not been at his best this season and there is a strong case to be made for Wanny partnering Dembele for this game.

Can't wait for this game. We're a bit all over the place with injuries and team selection. But have a squad of players who are all relatively game sharp.

Might be a game to bully them so would have Sissoko, Dier, Wanyama and Dembele on the pitch. Maybe bring Alli on as a sub, or drop Lamela to the bench, which would be harsh on him.

In part I agree with you, however it is surprisingly more of a balance when trying to outsmart Pep.

When Madrid beat Bayern in the CL semi final in 2014 it was a combination of set pieces and the threat of the BBC on the break that had Pep pulling his hair out.

The way to defeat a Guardiola team is to ensure high levels of concentration from the off, set your stall out to be compact and defend deep, press hard and show physicality in everything you do.

You must also take advantage of any set pieces thrown your way, as his defenders and keeper are not there for their physical prowess and are shaky when balls are whipped in at pace.

Arguably though the most important piece in the puzzle is ensuring you have a threat and some pace upfront so you can keep them on their toes and if possible exploit them on the break.

It's classic Athletico Madrid or MADRID when they are forced to be more tactical.

I therefore see roles for Eriksen, Lamella and Son with some runners/pressers balancing it up. A false # 9 to keep them guessing would also be interesting.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back