• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs Brighton OMT

If I was Conte I'd be cheesed off with our second half performance. Came out a beat too sluggish and just a bit sloppy with passing and application. Against a better side we'd have got punished. We weren't clinical in attack, but at least we were resilient in defense (partly thanks to some crap finishing from them).

Job done. First half thought we were excellent. Passing was fast! We closed down well. Players were up for it, and trying to fulfill their instructions - the wing backs going for it etc. Second half we eased off.

Hey… their goal came form a mad deflection
Their other good chance came from Romero slipping
They actually crafted and created nothing really
Every time we attacked we look a threat

Getting 2-0 up fairly cheaply made the game look a lot more comfortable for us than our otherwise would have. We could be content with counter attacking, they had to push forward. That's when we're at our best.

We again created not very much apart from counter attacking, had we not gone ahead it would have been a very different game.

Definitely a good performance. With Son and Romero just back from injuries, no Dier or Skipp. This could have gone way worse.

But we weren't great. Good, not great. Difficult opposition included in the evaluation that's good to see, but not getting carried away with this one.

We should consider procuring Bissouma. I have seen enough in this match.

He was very, very good. Power, pace, good on the ball. I'm not sure he'd fit Emirates Marketing Project's style, but setting that aside he could play for any team in the PL

Getting 2-0 up fairly cheaply made the game look a lot more comfortable for us than our otherwise would have. We could be content with counter attacking, they had to push forward. That's when we're at our best.

We again created not very much apart from counter attacking, had we not gone ahead it would have been a very different game.

Definitely a good performance. With Son and Romero just back from injuries, no Dier or Skipp. This could have gone way worse.

But we weren't great. Good, not great. Difficult opposition included in the evaluation that's good to see, but not getting carried away with this one.
Man your making a lot of assumptions
Where we went ahead we had a lot more possession than them
Even when we got the second we had 60% do the ball
Then we played ok the counter abs realistically should have got 4 or 5 with the chances we missed
They play great passes without creating much really

Apart from a couple of poor passes Sulu looks neat and tidy on the ball, seems to make the correct choices.

george-takei-as-sulu-740x400.jpeg

Man your making a lot of assumptions
Where we went ahead we had a lot more possession than them
Even when we got the second we had 60% do the ball
Then we played ok the counter abs realistically should have got 4 or 5 with the chances we missed
They play great passes without creating much really

Yes, after going 2-0 up we kept counter attacking well and could easily have been more comfortable. That's good.

Assumptions, perhaps. I don't think we would have been able to create those counter attacking chances as often if not for those early, fairly cheap goals.

Again, we were good, I'm happy with this, expected a tough game. But not great.

Yes, after going 2-0 up we kept counter attacking well and could easily have been more comfortable. That's good.

Assumptions, perhaps. I don't think we would have been able to create those counter attacking chances as often if not for those early, fairly cheap goals.

Not sure what would make you happy
The first goal came from great pressing and a world class finisher
The second came form royal running more than anyone and showing a desire than no one else had.
They are great goals for different reasons and exactly what we deserved. We made that happen
We then countered brilliantly but never took the chances

I though Moder for them was very good and their best player in that first half

don’t remember seeing him play before today

Interesting game coming after a mini break. Gave a chance to step back and appraise the side:

1. Can see why Spurs management were so gutted we didn't sign Diaz. By all accounts Diaz is a player who could be of Kane and Son's caliber. Our current crop of attackers are not quite on the same level. As @Libaz said already Kulu lacked a bit of zip. But I think it was also hesitancy and lack of confidence. Not dissimilar to Bergwijn - a player who needs to get into a rhythm, whose confidence is fragile. Kulu will settle and could also play right back. He showed with his shimmy across the box when he tried to tee up Kane, he does have some pace and ability; but he's never going to face up to a defender and round him. Need a Traore/Diaz for that.

2. We still have a lot of 'Squad Players'. By that I mean players who are excellent squad players but not first choice CL quality. They are fine for a run of games. Excellent players to cover injuries, play cup games, model pros who you want at the club. But are they good enough to play elite football to get us to where we aspire to be? Each fan will have their list of who these players are. I'll just say I'd prefer Sessengon (with a run of 10 games I think he'd come good), Royal as a CB, and more quality in midfield. Bissoma was mighty impressive, but needs to improve his shooting.

3. I can see why Spurs management are getting in a Psychologist. We lack a few leaders and belief. Kane, Lloris and Son aside we need players who behave like they belong in top-level football. You see the hesitancy on the pitch. Its quite common that we start games with determination and application - you can see the weeks coaching being applied - but then it falls away. Players are too easily knocked out of their stride, confidence goes, and heads drop. We started today playing the ball around rapidly, and with the whole team moving and passing quickly. It worked. By the end of the game, none of the belief in this plan remained. Passes were going everywhere and we lacked confidence. Yes fatigue, new signings etc played there part. But there is an underlying issue. We lack some maturity and mental belief to impose our will.

Thankfully I think Conte has a handle on all of this. Baby steps.

Thought it was pretty solid. Brighton are never easy to play. Bit sloppy at start of second half but we also should have been done and dusted at half time as we had plenty of chances.

Was surprised at Brighton’s left back he normally belts up and down keeping plenty of width but he stayed deep majority of game and tucked in. Gave Royal loads of room.

New lads look good. Bentacour was organising from first seconds he stepped on to pitch with a good energy.

Moura was poor tonight.

Thought it was pretty solid. Brighton are never easy to play. Bit sloppy at start of second half but we also should have been done and dusted at half time as we had plenty of chances.

Was surprised at Brighton’s left back he normally belts up and down keeping plenty of width but he stayed deep majority of game and tucked in. Gave Royal loads of room.

New lads look good. Bentacour was organising from first seconds he stepped on to pitch with a good energy.

Moura was poor tonight.
You talking about Cucurella?
Their issue was he was playing march wide left and Moura and Royal played around him

Yep. Normally he offers the width. But only overlapped a couple of times . At points he was their 3rd CB.

Looked different to how they normally set up

100%
There very fluid
It’s why I rate potter so highly. He gets more out of what he has available and gives the players a new found ability with the ball

Tough crowd! Always interested in your opinion but feel you're a little harsh tonight.

Ignoring the top 3 teams in the PL, if tonight is the starter for the rest of the season them I'm very optimistic. Bed in the two new signings, add Skipp and Dier...there's a lot to look forward too

Brighton are 9th, well coached and no mugs. We looked a lot better than them tonight. If we play like we did tonight for the res of the season then I'd be confident of finishing 4th

Back