• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Midweek break?

tynesidespur

Terry Yorath
The players must be shattered after that defeat. Its too late this week but if I was the manager I'd be sorting out for the team to fly out to Dubai or perhaps somewhere closer like La Manga for a 4/5 day break between QPR and Blackburn games. Fly them out Sunday night, give them Mon/Tues off in the sun then train well Wed/Thurs before flying back Friday. A day with their families and a brief training/prep session on the Saturday before the game against Blackburn on the Sunday.

We're in last chance saloon and any sort of break from routine and anything to lift the players' spirits would be worthwhile at this stage I think.

Anyone agree?

The players must be shattered after that defeat. Its too late this week but if I was the manager I'd be sorting out for the team to fly out to Dubai or perhaps somewhere closer like La Manga for a 4/5 day break between QPR and Blackburn games. Fly them out Sunday night, give them Mon/Tues off in the sun then train well Wed/Thurs before flying back Friday. A day with their families and a brief training/prep session on the Saturday before the game against Blackburn on the Sunday.

We're in last chance saloon and any sort of break from routine and anything to lift the players' spirits would be worthwhile at this stage I think.

Anyone agree?

Fly out Tomorrow 3 days away back in time for the weekend, not too late.

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. What the fvck have they done to deserve it? Nurses etc see people dying every day, they don't get flown out to exotic destinations to lift their spirits.

Had enough of all the overpaid pricks

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. What the fvck have they done to deserve it? Nurses etc see people dying every day, they don't get flown out to exotic destinations to lift their spirits.

Fair do's! Just trying to think of ways to stem this seemingly inevitable collapse!

fudge Dubai. They should come to Dublin on the absolute fudging lash. Slags and lager. Niko can sleep on my couch. If he wants. I want.

Players like Parker,Modric and Bale are getting crucified here on this board,but almost nobody mentions how much they have played this season.They need a rest,and we need them to be in top shape to finish this season strongly.

Yeah lets reward them with a holiday for their efforts, tell you what I have been working my balls off since xmas, I shall go too.

Then can have a week in butlins in bognor, after yesterday i think that is all they deserve.

There have been several outbreaks there in the last year, not sure what sort of outbreaks but the local paper loves reporting "new outbreak at butlins"

Players like Parker,Modric and Bale are getting crucified here on this board,but almost nobody mentions how much they have played this season.They need a rest,and we need them to be in top shape to finish this season strongly.

DO you mean in comparison to Ronaldo and Messi? I don't see Messi wanting a rest

They are getting paid MILLIONS to kick a ball around for a living, playing games shouldn't be a fudging issue.

They are getting paid MILLIONS to kick a ball around for a living, playing games shouldn't be a fudging issue.

I actually think part of our problem is not rotating the squad and keeping players at the maximum performance levels, i can understand that the ones who have played a lot of games performances will not be as good as players who are that be fresher and sharper. That said yesterday tinkled me off so much i think fudge the little darlings, let them go to wales and go up the brechin if they want a break.

While in principle I completely agree with Essex and Jimmy G, footballers are completely different to normal working people.

Agree with that, though I would say Walker and BAE have played a huge amount as well. Parker does get rested but we have no other RB meaning that Walker has played a stupid amount this year and Harry doesnt seem to want to give Rose a chance. Modric even played in the Europa which is utterly ridiculous!

Yeah lets reward them with a holiday for their efforts, tell you what I have been working my balls off since xmas, I shall go too.

Then can have a week in butlins in bognor, after yesterday i think that is all they deserve.

There have been several outbreaks there in the last year, not sure what sort of outbreaks but the local paper loves reporting "new outbreak at butlins"

I don't give a brick about what our players deserve or don't deserve, I don't give a brick about how good their lives are compared to regular people or how much money they make...

The only thing that matters is the next game, then the game after that, then the game after that for the rest of the season. If a couple of days in the sun somewhere increases our chances of winning our next game then that is what the club should do. Cause winning the next game is what matters! Not what the players deserve or not.

If we were on a winning streak, but Harry felt the best way to get the players mentally ready for the next game was to have them swim laps in the Thames then that's what the club should have the players do. Even if they then "deserved a break".

I don't give a brick about what our players deserve or don't deserve, I don't give a brick about how good their lives are compared to regular people or how much money they make...

The only thing that matters is the next game, then the game after that, then the game after that for the rest of the season. If a couple of days in the sun somewhere increases our chances of winning our next game then that is what the club should do. Cause winning the next game is what matters! Not what the players deserve or not.

If we were on a winning streak, but Harry felt the best way to get the players mentally ready for the next game was to have them swim laps in the Thames then that's what the club should have the players do. Even if they then "deserved a break".

That's pretty much how I'm seeing it. We are in a rut and I'm suggesting ways to get out of it which will be beneficial to all of us not just the players!

That's pretty much how I'm seeing it. We are in a rut and I'm suggesting ways to get out of it which will be beneficial to all of us not just the players!

Sports psychologist to get them out of the rut. Arm around the shoulder/run around and score worked 15-20 years ago but the modern day footballer is as delicate as a hot-house orchid. Look how Woolwich got out of their slump, even at 2-0 down. Get in a head doc to sort these fragile millionnaires out.

They probably should get a day or two off, go home, spend some time with friends/family, sort it out and get back to work middle of the week.

BAE/Modric/Walker/Bale/Parker have been overplayed this season, not a coincidence in my mind that this is the second season in a row we have stumbled at the end, fatigue is definetely part (while not the entire) of the problem.

It amuses me how people think if players don't play their best game, every game, they are a bunch of lazy prima dona assholes ... sport, peaks, physique just doesn't allow for that, every team has a bad run of form, we just have had ours at a really bad time.

They probably should get a day or two off, go home, spend some time with friends/family, sort it out and get back to work middle of the week.

BAE/Modric/Walker/Bale/Parker have been overplayed this season, not a coincidence in my mind that this is the second season in a row we have stumbled at the end, fatigue is definetely part (while not the entire) of the problem.

It amuses me how people think if players don't play their best game, every game, they are a bunch of lazy prima dona assholes ... sport, peaks, physique just doesn't allow for that, every team has a bad run of form, we just have had ours at a really bad time.

Ours has gone on since February

Back