• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Midfield link - who's the man we need?

I would just give the job to Nabil. I also agree with veron regarding Pjanic, not that he's abad player but he's more Wheelchair than Modric.

Just hoping that we can have a decent season this year before making waves the next. Liverpool are reaping the benefits of having cash to burn and the attraction of ECL football, something that we never managed at the same time :(

I haven't really seen him play other than a handful of minutes for Croatia at some point or something like that.

Any good?

I don't know.

I just know he's another Modric/Moutinho/Schniderlin/Banega type player who is realistically in our price range

Similar radar graph picture thingy to Gundogan, who I rate super highly. But those radar graph picture thingies do not mesh well with my brain I think as I get very little out of them.
They're always really poorly laid out.

Tackles should be opposite dribbled past, shots should be opposite blocks, etc. You can also make a radar graph look fuller by arranging the categories in the right way.

That said, I don't think the objective of the author is to mislead and it does show his style of play even if it's not a perfect proxy for his talent.

ATM we need Cohesion more than a player , IMO.

Unless you can get someone like Modric in short term ,but it seems unlikely right now.

If i really have to pick one player , Carroll / Bentaleb , otherwise Clasie.

If we don't get schneiderlin does anybody think there a chance to get Asier Illaremendi?
He is criminally underused and with the arrival of the (over rated) Kroos his chances probably will be limited at least for another season.
Or Verratti maybe?

If we don't get schneiderlin does anybody think there a chance to get Asier Illaremendi?
He is criminally underused and with the arrival of the (over rated) Kroos his chances probably will be limited at least for another season.
Or Verratti maybe?

I would love Verratti, but sadly I cannot see it happening.

Illaramendi would be very exciting, but I don't think that's possible either unfortunately.

Clasie seems a lot more doable.

My view is we have Eriksen, Carroll, Holtby, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Lennon, Townsend, Falque, Mason, Cellabos

Fairly diverse group, two DMs, two wingers, a few box to box, a few utility players,

What's missing? I actually think we could do with an experienced midfielder, instead of the next Modric/Carrick, maybe just a senior head to calm things down, help the big group of young players along.

My view is we have Eriksen, Carroll, Holtby, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Lennon, Townsend, Falque, Mason, Cellabos

Fairly diverse group, two DMs, two wingers, a few box to box, a few utility players,

What's missing? I actually think we could do with an experienced midfielder, instead of the next Modric/Carrick, maybe just a senior head to calm things down, help the big group of young players along.

Still no proper ball playing midfielder unless you start counting the youngsters. It's a massive weakness.

An experienced player might be good, but only if he's the right player type as well.

Back