• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mid-season player ratings

:ross:

Anyway for fair and balanced ratings:

Goalkeepers
Lloris = 7 (has looked solid since coming in minus a few iffy mistakes but that's to be expected when. His decision making appears to be spot on and i like what i've seen so far.
Friedel = 7 (Was excellent at the beginning of the season...most people will probably have forgotten being that the beginning of the season was like 10 years ago to some people.

Full Backs
Walker = 5 (has regressed since last season. constantly makes dumb decisions that beggars belief and get caught out of position a lot. In fact he's the main culprit of our high line not working at times. I like him though and believe he is slowly showing signs of returning to form.)

Naughton = 6.5 (has looked solid when called upon. Is a smart footballer that has an eye for a pass so i like what i'm seeing.

Centre Backs

Vertonghen = 8 (Has gelled in extremely well and has been one of our stand out players. At left back he's been pretty decent too but CB is his position)
Dawson = 7 (Hasn't played many games but has looked pretty damn solid when called upon)
Caulker = 6.5 (Has looked pretty solid minus a couple of odd decisions. I actually don't think he's as good as people make out if i'm being totally honest but he does have potential and will only get better with games)
Gallas = 6 (Hasn't looked his self this season but hasn't been nearly as bad as some like to make out. Some like to blame him for everything)

Midfielders
Dembele = 8 (another signing that has looked the business straight away. could probably do more in an attacking sense but he's playing a vital role)
Sandro = 8.5 (our most consistent player this season imo)
Bale = 8.5 (Fantastic again this season but not as consistent as sandro tbh. It's just that when he's good he's world class.
Lennon = 7 (He hasn't been as good as people are making out now. Have a look at his average rating before the last 3 games to see what we all thought he was producing before these excellent run of games. it's just people like to base things on 1 or 2 games. He's defensive work has been very good throughout though so maybe he gets a 7.25...yeh that's more fair actually.
Huddlestone = 5 (meh)
Sigurdsson = 6 (I'm still of the opinion that he's going to come good when given a run of games. He looked impressive in his last 5 sub appearances and i like that he care more about the team than himself..illustrated on a few sub appearances when he could have easily gone for goal but squared it for his team mates to score instead).

Strikers
Defoe = 7.5 (lately has gone of boil but he's the one player that i can genuinely see a marked improvement in terms of bringing more to his game. He's also now able to play as a lone striker which i never thought would happen.

Dempsey = 7 (was turd water for a while but for a the last few months he's been very good indeed. It's also pretty obvious he's gaining confidence too.

Adebayor = 5 (hmmmmmmm not good so far but he does offer so much to the team. Very confident he'll pick up form and not sure he's even started that many league games either.)

Last edited:
Lloris 7
Friedel 6
Naughton 6.5
Walker 4
Caulker 6.5
Dawson 6.5
Gallas 6
Vertonghen 7
Lennon 7.5
Sandro 7
Dembele 7
Bale 8
Dempsey 6.5
Siggurdson 6
Defoe 7.5
Adebayor 4

Lloris 7
Friedel 7
Walker 6
Gallas 6
Dawson 7
Caulker 7
Verthonghen 8
Naughton 6
Lennon 7
Huddlestone 5
Sandro 8
Dembele 8
Sigurdsson 5
Dempsey 6
Bale 9
Defoe 8
Adebayor 5

Lloris 8.5 - Has been exceptional since getting the no.1 jersey. Not the French captain for nothing. Potential to be one of the best in the World.
Friedel 7.5 - Can't be knocked. Model professional. The decision to drop him was the correct one however.

Walker 5 - Has been a bit of a let down so far this season. I expect more from him. Gives away stupid free-kicks in dangerous areas.
Naughton 6 - Looks suspect. Absolutely roasted by Walcott against Arsenal. Good back-up player.
Caulker 7.5 - Great start to the season. Done exactly what's been asked of him and even got an England cap and debut goal. Promising.
Vertonghen 8 - Fantastic signing. Looks solid and even has the occasional marauding run forward. Will be an excellent partner for Kaboul when he's back fit.
Gallas 5 - Starting to struggle this season. Looks off the pace. Will be his last season at this level.
Dawson 6 - Done a good job since overcoming his injury problems. Never lets the team down.

Lennon 8.5 - Been awesome in my opinion this season. I get excited every time he gets the ball. Best wing combination with Lennon and Bale in the Prem.
Hudd 6 - Has had injury problems but has fallen down the pecking order. I think that afro of his is only going to get bigger based on what the challenge is!
Dembele 8.5 - Awesome signing. Power, acceleration, pace and a hammer of a shot. Will be a mainstay in our team for years.
Sandro 8.5 - The beast... not much more to say apart from that. Solid as a rock. Immense.
Bale 9 - Right up there with the best in the world at the moment. Deserves his tag as being "world class." Needs the referees to get off his back.
Sig 6.5 - Disappointing. Perhaps a decent run in the team would help his confidence a little. May now get that with Ade of to the ACoN.
Dempsey 6.5 - Would have been a 5 but recent performances have upped the score a little. Looked lethargic and out of his depth up until the Christmas period.

Defoe 8.5 - Great season so far for the Little Man. A true goalscorer. I'm sure a bagful more goals before the end of the season.
Adebayor 5 - Sell him now. His sending off at Arsenal and now his decision to go to the African Nations has really let the club down. Get a decent replacement (or two) in Jan and offload.

AVB 8 - Had his doubters at the start but is starting to turn convince some of the boo-boys. His attitude at the Arsenal game won me over. He never stopped encouraging the team throughout that game and didn't shy away from the edge of the pitch at all during that second half. Seems like he could be the man to take us to the next level.

Here's to more of that same... #COYS

Lloris 7
Friedel 6,5
Walker 5,5
Naughton 6
Vertonghen 7,5
Dawson 7
Caulker 7
Gallas 6
Sandro 8,5
Bale 8,5
Lennon 8
Dembele 7,5
Thudd 6
Gylfi 6
Dempsey 7
JD 7,5
Ade 5,5

Lloris - 7
Friedel - 7

Walker - 6
Naughton - 7

Dawson - 7
Caulker - 7
Gallas - 6.5
Vertonghen - 8

Sandro - 9
Dembele - 8
Huddlestone - 6
Siggurdson - 7
Bale - 8.5
Lennon - 8

Dempsey - 7
Adebayor - 5
Defoe - 8

:ross:

Anyway for fair and balanced ratings:

Goalkeepers
Lloris = 7 (has looked solid since coming in minus a few iffy mistakes but that's to be expected when. His decision making appears to be spot on and i like what i've seen so far.
Friedel = 7 (Was excellent at the beginning of the season...most people will probably have forgotten being that the beginning of the season was like 10 years ago to some people.

Full Backs
Walker = 5 (has regressed since last season. constantly makes dumb decisions that beggars belief and get caught out of position a lot. In fact he's the main culprit of our high line not working at times. I like him though and believe he is slowly showing signs of returning to form.)

Naughton = 6.5 (has looked solid when called upon. Is a smart footballer that has an eye for a pass so i like what i'm seeing.

Centre Backs

Vertonghen = 8 (Has gelled in extremely well and has been one of our stand out players. At left back he's been pretty decent too but CB is his position)
Dawson = 7 (Hasn't played many games but has looked pretty damn solid when called upon)
Caulker = 6.5 (Has looked pretty solid minus a couple of odd decisions. I actually don't think he's as good as people make out if i'm being totally honest but he does have potential and will only get better with games)
Gallas = 6 (Hasn't looked his self this season but hasn't been nearly as bad as some like to make out. Some like to blame him for everything)

Midfielders
Dembele = 8 (another signing that has looked the business straight away. could probably do more in an attacking sense but he's playing a vital role)
Sandro = 8.5 (our most consistent player this season imo)
Bale = 8.5 (Fantastic again this season but not as consistent as sandro tbh. It's just that when he's good he's world class.
Lennon = 7 (He hasn't been as good as people are making out now. Have a look at his average rating before the last 3 games to see what we all thought he was producing before these excellent run of games. it's just people like to base things on 1 or 2 games. He's defensive work has been very good throughout though so maybe he gets a 7.25...yeh that's more fair actually.
Huddlestone = 5 (meh)
Sigurdsson = 6 (I'm still of the opinion that he's going to come good when given a run of games. He looked impressive in his last 5 sub appearances and i like that he care more about the team than himself..illustrated on a few sub appearances when he could have easily gone for goal but squared it for his team mates to score instead).

Strikers
Defoe = 7.5 (lately has gone of boil but he's the one player that i can genuinely see a marked improvement in terms of bringing more to his game. He's also now able to play as a lone striker which i never thought would happen.

Dempsey = 7 (was turd water for a while but for a the last few months he's been very good indeed. It's also pretty obvious he's gaining confidence too.

Adebayor = 5 (hmmmmmmm not good so far but he does offer so much to the team. Very confident he'll pick up form and not sure he's even started that many league games either.)

That has saved me 20 mins writing.

Agree with all that.

Back