• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

We've missed a defender who is quick and mobile for far too long. VdV just gets involved in everything and comes out ahead ahead in most. Amazing to watch.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

What's changed in your immediate judgement from last week's game? In perspective he faces less troubling attackers and a team of lesser quality ....

Nothings changed in my opinion from last week. The lad still has mistakes in him but has a very high ceiling. Just thought he was very good yesterday.

He does look very, very assured. There's just a calmness to him, even when he might be catching up to a difficult situation. He just handles everything in a very unflustered way.

He's kind of the anti Sanchez who often looks stressed even when hes handled a situation.

Very, pleased with Van De Ven so far.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

That is the thing that is most impressive in his play( so far) for me. He never seems to get worried about what is happening around him and just gets on with the job. He looks like its just a kick around with mates.

Bumping this thread up from page 2.
I've been really impressed with VdV, he's slotted in and snuffed out lots of attacks with his size and pace.
To be fair (since I would mention this if it was Dier or Sanchez or Porro) for the first Burnley goal he slightly lost his man and let the shot past him, and for the second he actually reacts well and slides in but slides past the ball and the shot squeaks under his leg.
So in general, really excellent, but we need to be fair and balanced to all players.

(I thought Romero was supreme yesterday)

He's made a good start, thought he was a bit dodgy yesterday, some poor passing decisions and he didn't look that quick, at one point Romero made a faster track than he did.

and for the second he actually reacts well and slides in but slides past the ball and the shot squeaks under his leg.
I was certain he'd block it, and couldn't understand how it went in. In real time it looked like the ball went right through him.

He's made a good start, thought he was a bit dodgy yesterday, some poor passing decisions and he didn't look that quick, at one point Romero made a faster track than he did.

Clearly just carrying too much weight in his back pocket from the last couple of games.

Romero isn't slow either though, just won't match VDV when in full swing.

I think it could be a great pairing at CB. Romero can still be a bit aggressive and VDV can cover in behind (even Udogie if needed)

Only 22 and is learning to play in a much faster lge then he has been used too. Looks like he is going to be a very good player as he get used to our game.

I agree he could have challenged better for the first goal as should porro but in general he was excellent on and off the ball. His contribution for the 4th goal was excellent, took the long ball down muscled passed the first challenge and got taken down by the second got back up to win the loose ball setting up the attack through udogie. I am not one to get to carried away by players but he is going to be one of the best defenders in the world within a few years.

I agree he could have challenged better for the first goal as should porro but in general he was excellent on and off the ball. His contribution for the 4th goal was excellent, took the long ball down muscled passed the first challenge and got taken down by the second got back up to win the loose ball setting up the attack through udogie. I am not one to get to carried away by players but he is going to be one of the best defenders in the world within a few years.

Well done, Eric Dier 2.0 incoming now.

Back