• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

We are delighted to announce the signing of Micky van de Ven from VfL Wolfsburg, subject to international clearance and work permit.

The defender has signed a contract with the Club that will run until 2029, and will wear the number 37 shirt.

Born in Wormer, Netherlands, Micky spent his early years locally with WSV '30 Wormer, before joining FC Volendam’s youth team in July, 2013, progressing through the ranks to make a total of 48 senior appearances, scoring twice.

An athletic centre-back, the 22-year-old earned a move to Vfl Wolfsburg in August, 2021, and made 41 appearances for the Bundesliga side in all competitions, scoring once and registering three assists.

At international level, Micky has featured 11 times for the Netherlands’ Under-21 side, featuring in the UEFA European Under-21 Championship earlier this year. He was also named in the preliminary squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

He joined Wolfsburg in 2021, but has only played 41 games for them in all competitions?

Anyways - welcome, lad! I've got high hopes. :)

if you're gonna say that, by contrast he's got it easy compared to Nethercott and Kevin Scott...

True. But between them Vertoghen and King have locked out that left-side CB role for most of this century.

And, like them, vdV looks a quick stylish player; whereas our right-siders (Dawson, Alderweireld, Romero) have been the tougher, more aggressive ones.

Welcome Micky!
Comes across very well.
Based on nothing bar that interview, he has future captain vibes for me.

Love him already. He may need time to settle and develop. But his attitude, his attributes and how they fit what Postecoglou wants, his willingness to learn...there isn't another player we could have signed who's better in these aspects. He is a good fit for us. Still has a lot to prove.

I started his thread in the transfers section months ago - I knew we'd sign him! VDV and Romero - can they channel all that enthusiasm? Both a little rash at times, but both hungry and determined. I am psyched to see them form a partnership...step by step.

Last edited:
True. But between them Vertoghen and King have locked out that left-side CB role for most of this century.

And, like them, vdV looks a quick stylish player; whereas our right-siders (Dawson, Alderweireld, Romero) have been the tougher, more aggressive ones.

Errrm you were calling him tin pot second rate after the club not signing Tapsoba who you probably also never heard of before clamouring for him to sign ...

Errrm you were calling him tin pot second rate after the club not signing Tapsoba who you probably also never heard of before clamouring for him to sign ...

His defending does look pretty ropey tbh. But it's who we've plumped for now, and he does seem to have the raw materials to be able develop into a good player in time.

Love him already. He may need time to settle and develop. But his attitude, his attributes and how they fit what Postecoglou wants, his willingness to learn...there isn't another player we could have signed who's better in these aspects. He is a good fit for us. Still has a lot to prove.

I started his thread in the transfers section months ago - I knew we'd sign him! VDV and Romero - can they channel all that enthusiasm? Both a little rash at times, but both hungry and determined. I am psyched to see them form a partnership...step by step.

I think Romero will be more of the stopper and VdV will be the cover. The BBC article made it seem like he’s a good ball carrier but I also hope he can be strong in aerial duels as we really need that when defending corners and set pieces (especially if Kane goes).
Either way, they hopefully complement each other and Romero has someone he can trust next to him.

I think Romero will be more of the stopper and VdV will be the cover. The BBC article made it seem like he’s a good ball carrier but I also hope he can be strong in aerial duels as we really need that when defending corners and set pieces (especially if Kane goes).
Either way, they hopefully complement each other and Romero has someone he can trust next to him.
Agree, but lets hope that VdV has someone he can trust next to him:D As Romero is pretty unreliable himself, and its not all down to having a sub standard CB next to him....

Back