• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michy Batshuayi

Clinton was similar when he played in france only difference he used to come in of the wings....This lad looks like a centre forward.
Remind me of Welbeck in a few ways.

You've just added to @Gutter Boy disdain for him!:eek:

Though seriously, if he is like Welbeck in terms of his runs and forward play that would be VERY good for us; Welbeck and Kane would have made us lethal going forward if he'd have come here imo

I'm not sure but i thought i saw a follow-up post by The Goat saying agents were messing with things and now it wasn't so clear cut?
Perhaps i misread and it was to do with another target at another time?

Here's hoping it is true that we will get him after the Cup final: it would be a REAL signal of intent no doubt!

Just had a look back on SC. Can't see any updates to that effect, but you never know. It's a good get out.
And I suppose "after the Cup Final" could be anytime between Sunday and end of the window!

Welbeck is more of a wing forward that can play centre forward .....from what i see of Batshuayi he is the opposite with a central striking role his best position but he can drift out wide too

However, the reported price tag of upwards of 31 mill pounds seems crazily high.

From what I've seen of him he's suit us perfectly. Has good movement, scores goal, decent touch....we could play him as a no 9 and Kane in behind him, can play either one as a CF in the way we play today, could play as a pair alongside each other...

We have a lot more options with him than we do today. In the season just finished, you'd often look at the bench and there really wasnt anyone there who you thought might be able to change the game

From what I've seen of him he's suit us perfectly. Has good movement, scores goal, decent touch....we could play him as a no 9 and Kane in behind him, can play either one as a CF in the way we play today, could play as a pair alongside each other...

We have a lot more options with him than we do today. In the season just finished, you'd often look at the bench and there really wasnt anyone there who you thought might be able to change the game

That should be true about any striker we target. Essentially if he can play as a lone striker the versatility of Kane makes the other two options possible.

Yes!!!!

He may not be a hold up player (although he looks to me like he can be) but what he is, is a good goal scorer

First and foremost that's his job

So was Soldado though. Being able to play with their back to goal is about the most important aspect of the CF role in our system (along with mobility and goalscoring).

So was Soldado though. Being able to play with their back to goal is about the most important aspect of the CF role in our system (along with mobility and goalscoring).

Didn't Pochs hero Bielsa sign this Batman geezer for Marseille?

Soldado was a poacher in the box, Batshuayi looks like he'll come deep for the ball or roll out wide, these are things Soldado wasn't so good at.

The French league doesn't require anything like the physicality of the EPL though.

One thing Poch is very good at is improving the physicality of players. So if that is the only question mark about Batshuayi then there is nothing to worry about

The French league doesn't require anything like the physicality of the EPL though.

So English teams shouldn't sign players from France? Would you have passed up the opportunity to sign Henry? Hazard is pretty decent, Martial has had a half decent first year considering the big money move, Payet hasn't done badly,......

I don't think it is a question mark - everything I've read on the player marks his strength and physicality out as one of the major reasons while it is thought he would succeed in England and the videos I have seen would support that.

Hopefully our scouts would look further than his height and what league he plays in when evaluating his ability and what his strengths and weaknesses are

So English teams shouldn't sign players from France? Would you have passed up the opportunity to sign Henry? Hazard is pretty decent, Martial has had a half decent first year considering the big money move, Payet hasn't done badly,......

Not at all, I think Arsenal got him from Juventus just at the right time. It did take a couple of seasons to convert him from a winger to a striker though

I work with a Marseille fan who is adamant that Batshuayi is brick. Apparently he's one of the thickest footballers he's ever seen and it shows just how poor the French league is that he's scored so many goals. To be fair to him - he did say that Payet would tear up the Premier League a year ago so I don't think it's just sour grapes.

I work with a Marseille fan who is adamant that Batshuayi is brick. Apparently he's one of the thickest footballers he's ever seen and it shows just how poor the French league is that he's scored so many goals. To be fair to him - he did say that Payet would tear up the Premier League a year ago so I don't think it's just sour grapes.

For a reasonably priced Kane understudy, he doesn't need to be a world beater. Just offer more next season than Shayon Harrison would be able to.

Back